Israeli scientist says COVID-19 could be treated for under $1/day

ezzra

39 minutes ago, ezzra said:

effectiveness of ivermectin in reducing viral shedding among nonhospitalized patients with mild to moderate COVID-19.

Strange there is no - very little media interest in anything other than vaccines  and how many have been "double jabbed"

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, johng said:

Strange there is no - very little media interest in anything other than vaccines  and how many have been "double jabbed"

Great medicine for those who don't need medicine, ya think? "reducing viral shedding among nonhospitalized patients with mild to moderate COVID-19." If patient is being smothered by the virus, I doubt the concern is "viral shedding": it's staying alive.

"several clinical studies have started to show its antiviral activity against viruses ranging from HIV and the flu to Zika and West Nile." Show us the links."started to show"?  Peer reviewed? "Activity" is such a nebulous term as to be useless.

"Ivermectin has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration since 1987." but not for covid. When was aspirin approved? Does that mean it also cures covid?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Emdog said:

When was aspirin approved? Does that mean it also cures covid?

Go try to buy aspirin in a Thai pharmacy  all they have is the 80mg "heart medicine" at stupid prices and hidden away behind the counter like it is a class A narcotic !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

I am afraid I have pretty much given up on the mainstream even looking at Ivermectin. It makes no sense. I have listened to the arguments against it, mostly they say they don't accept the studies as being scientific enough. Doesn't matter the results are always positive. Now it's progressed to Discrediting anyone who proposes it for covid treatment or prevention. It's sad the people I have followed on this subject are mostly doctors they're only interest is in saving lives and yet people want to attack them and discredit them. These people are not anti vaxxers they are simply proposing a cheap option to countries like Thailand that don't have vaccines. Personally I salute them for trying, I don't believe there efforts will work though. Too many people can't think for themselves and rely on mainstream media to tell them what to think.

I agree completely. It’s strange how dismissive/aggressive some people become at the very mentioning of Ivermectin. This drug has been used for decades and has been proven to be safe. Why not at least try it? The worse case scenario is that it does nothing besides killing any parasites that might be living in the patient’s body. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 2

Move over Ivermectin !

New kid on the block (except it has also been around a long time) is a common cheap medication prescribed to reduce/block cholesterol levels. Claims I have read suggest a 70% reduction in symptoms or viral load or...

Given that the obese are among those cited to be at extreme risk yet are also likely to be prescribed such medication already I am more than a little perplexed.

https://www.dnaindia.com/health/report-cholesterol-medicine-fenofibrate-reduces-covid-19-infection-70-says-uk-led-study-fenofibrate-2904579

52 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

I agree completely. It’s strange how dismissive/aggressive some people become at the very mentioning of Ivermectin. This drug has been used for decades and has been proven to be safe. Why not at least try it? The worse case scenario is that it does nothing besides killing any parasites that might be living in the patient’s body. 

Agree.  Except I don't find it strange if you consider the knee jerk rabid hate some folks & news channels have for Fox news and/or Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Go try to buy aspirin in a Thai pharmacy  all they have is the 80mg "heart medicine" at stupid prices and hidden away behind the counter like it is a class A narcotic !

aspirin is also made in thailand 325mg and very cheap, made by British Snake Brand (L.P.) Co., Ltd. I think it come in a very large boxes 500-1000, because when I ordered 200 pills it came in blisters

http://ndi.fda.moph.go.th/drug_detail/index/?ndrug=2&rctype=1A&rcno=2802004&lpvncd=&lcntpcd=&lcnno=&licensee_no=

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Ivermectineers are an odd lot. To them any non-believers are "strange". The sure sign of cult-like behavior.

No one is stopping them from dosing themselves. Yet they aren't satisfied with that freedom. No, they need to convince others to join them in some sort Jonestownian Kool-aid fest. And they demand some suitable level of press coverage of this quackery. And at the slightest questioning, they fall back to feeling offended by feeling dismissed, and make themselves victims of perceived aggression.

I fully support your use of any medications you choose to ingest. Just stop trying to influence others.

Pro-vaxxers are an odd lot. To them any non-believers are "strange". The sure sign of cult-like behavior.

No one is stopping them from vaccinating themselves. Yet they aren't satisfied with that freedom. No, they need to convince others to join them in some sort Jonestownian Kool-aid fest. And they demand some suitable level of press coverage of this quackery. And at the slightest questioning, they fall back to feeling offended by feeling dismissed, and make themselves victims of perceived aggression.

I fully support your use of any vaccines you choose. Just stop trying to influence others.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, johng said:

Actually, the studies showing asprin's possible potency against covid was based on heart patients who regularly dose themselves with those 81mg aspirin tablets. As for your comment about it being treated like a class A narcotic, you've really got a hunger for grievance, haven't you? Do they make you jump through all kinds of hoops to actually get it? I just asked and the clerk handed it over. Do they charge you unreasonable prices? I paid 49 baht for a vial containing 50 doses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Om said:

Pro-vaxxers are an odd lot. To them any non-believers are "strange". The sure sign of cult-like behavior.

No one is stopping them from vaccinating themselves. Yet they aren't satisfied with that freedom. No, they need to convince others to join them in some sort Jonestownian Kool-aid fest. And they demand some suitable level of press coverage of this quackery. And at the slightest questioning, they fall back to feeling offended by feeling dismissed, and make themselves victims of perceived aggression.

I fully support your use of any vaccines you choose. Just stop trying to influence others.

People who aren't vaccinated threaten the health of others.

People who won't take Ivermectin, don't.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harry Om said:

To help reduce blood clots, I believe.

Actually not. There's a strong statistical relationship between lessening the odds  becoming symptomatic for covid and  taking a daily 81mg dose of aspirin. 

Also, there is an equally strong relationship between lessening the odds of developing bjth severe symptoms &  dying and taking aspirin.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

large pharmacies, close to provincial hospitals, should have them in maxi size boxes, with long expiry (my is 02.2023), and the cheapest.

I bought my next to siriraj hospital.

They have selection, I took the strongest potency possible. On the blister says 325mg. In the link 200mg.

Smaller pharmacies might only carry one, that which makes them profit - low potency and small box.

You can show them link and within a week they will have it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

you've really got a hunger for grievance, haven't you? Do they make you jump through all kinds of hoops to actually get it? I just asked and the clerk handed it over. Do they charge you unreasonable prices? I paid 49 baht for a vial containing 50 doses.

Up until a few years ago you could walk into any pharmacy  Boots,Watsons,Fasino  even Tesco,Big c or 7/11 and find asprin  on the shelf's 10 500mg pills for about 12-20 baht depending on which store then all of a sudden  it disappeared,   when I asked the staff they all said it was just a temporary shortage  but to this day  there is no asprin on the shelf's..yes they have the 81mg pills hidden away behind the counter at silly prices  about 80 baht for 10  from memory  it's a while since I gave up asking  and yes they did question why I wanted asprin..when I said I wanted it for pain relief/headache they pushed paracetamol.

Obviously my quip about it being a class A drug was an attempt at humour !

Where did you get  50 pills for 49 baht ?

A similar thing happened in the UK  asprin  is not on the shelf  but sold from the counter only 2 packs per customer 325mg per  opposed to 500mg  per pill "in the old days"   though there

are no questions about why you want it..again in the old days  you could walk into Boots and buy a bottle of 100 500mg asprin tablets  without anyone batting an eyelid !

2 hours ago, johng said:

Up until a few years ago you could walk into any pharmacy  Boots,Watsons,Fasino  even Tesco,Big c or 7/11 and find asprin  on the shelf's 10 500mg pills for about 12-20 baht depending on which store then all of a sudden  it disappeared,   when I asked the staff they all said it was just a temporary shortage  but to this day  there is no asprin on the shelf's..yes they have the 81mg pills hidden away behind the counter at silly prices  about 80 baht for 10  from memory  it's a while since I gave up asking  and yes they did question why I wanted asprin..when I said I wanted it for pain relief/headache they pushed paracetamol.

Obviously my quip about it being a class A drug was an attempt at humour !

Where did you get  50 pills for 49 baht ?

A similar thing happened in the UK  asprin  is not on the shelf  but sold from the counter only 2 packs per customer 325mg per  opposed to 500mg  per pill "in the old days"   though there

are no questions about why you want it..again in the old days  you could walk into Boots and buy a bottle of 100 500mg asprin tablets  without anyone batting an eyelid !

Got them at Citrix. 

And what of your contention that virtually all the research shows that Ivermectin is effective against Covid?

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Got them at Citrix. 

Sorry where/what is Citrix ???

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And what of your contention that virtually all the research shows that Ivermectin is effective against Covid?

I have not said anything about Ivermectin being useful or not...just that the media only concentrates on vaccination with little to no coverage of other possible treatments.