Suggest an altcoin, this time seriously

fdsa

I haven't been watching the crypto world for a while and don't know any new technologies worth throwing few hundred bucks at for a high chance of huge profits in few years.

Could you recommend any? Are there any in fact?

If I understand correctly:

1) tokens:

most are obvious scam, others make no sense to invest in if you are not a professional gambler

1.5) "DeFi", "swaps":

pancakeswap, sushiswap, crápswáp, whateverswap - platforms for gamblers to gamble, that give you a % cut. They do bring money but I can't see them in a distant future so don't have any.

DeFi - loan your cryptos for gamblers so they could gamble. Well...

2) blockchains:

every single modern blockchain can handle zillions of TPS, is cheap to send money, and does support smart contracts, so they all are better than the "classic" cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or even "somewhat modern" such as Ethereum and there is not much difference between all those EOS, Tron, BSC, Vechain, et cetera.

I've bought some coins of few selected blockchains (not BSC of course :biggrin: ), because I think there could be a bright future for "not classic" blockchains.

3) "save the planet" PoS:

there are many PoS coins already without much differences, I have some of them but should I really buy each one?

4) "DAO" coins:

their main vulnerability is infinite supply of fiat money so the large institutions could simply buy most of the nodes/shards/whatever-they-call-it and thus control the DAO decision making process and make it centralized. A good example is Binance owning a huge amount of staking nodes created by users' cryptocurrencies.

Nevertheless I hold some just in case.

5) "government-friendly crypto" such as Ripple:

Do we really need those?

6) "new type of blockchain":

Filecoin, Burst, Chia, and other "storage" cryptos - there is simply no use for such kind of distributed data storage. Enterprises use their own geo-clusters, casual users use Google Cloud or Amazon AWS.

HKN, Internet computer - they claim to create a technology so complex that the project would just never get out of a "Beta" stage.

Hedera - looked promising until I read the whitepaper. Aggressive marketing like "largest fortune-500 companies support and host our nodes" ends in realizing that noone of these large companies wants to host these nodes so Hedera pays 45'000 USD to anyone who would purchase and host the equipment ????‍♂️

So, which crypto should I buy and hold for few years to buy a guaranteed Lambo? :biggrin:

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:30 AM, fdsa said:

1) tokens:

2) blockchains:

4) "DAO" coins:

7) privacy coins (Zcash, Monero, Pirate chain, etc):

they will never be legalized for obvious reasons, however they definitely have a use - to pay for "something special".

I do hold some of them but heavily doubt that they will make huge profits, more likely just a few x's.

EIGHT)  (the fkn forum replaces "8"and")" with a smiley)

cross-blockchain coins such as Chainlink, Ren, etc:

useful only for gambling (for example - arbitraging between different exchanges), no real world usage. Yes, this technology does bring money from crypto gamblers but I can't see it in the distant future.

Also (as with every other automatic exchange) there is a risk of getting dirty crypto for your coins - from drug dealers, terrorists, ransomware actors, et cetera. When I exchange one crypto to another I prefer to deal with people and organisations I could complain to, if there would be any problem with the coins received from them, rather than the automatic smart-contract (with unknown errors and backdoors inside btw).

So I don't hold any of such cryptocurrencies.

Edited by fdsa

FDSA

You described Ripple XRP as "Government friendly" personally I see nothing wrong with that scenario

Again I like Ren which in hindsight on the other thread you subsequently gave a nod to. Mcap so low which I always seek out whether crypto or stocks

On 8/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, fdsa said:

[download] Destination: TOP Altcoin Picks 2021 Q3 - SOLID Potential!! ????-UK3PAEAfIfE.mp4

ok thanks, I won't even bother downloading that cráp.

Not sure whether that’s because I posted a crappy download link (I was replying from my phone) or you think the guys content is <deleted>, but he does put a lot of Crypto content out on YT https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCqK_GSMbpiV8spgD3ZGloSw that might offer some food for thought for others

Don't invest. Trade.

Bought stellar lumens a week ago and I'm  up 10% while coin is 5% down. These things are so easy to trade. I'm doing it with very small money now, so I didn't get rich, but better than money sitting in the bank.

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

he does put a lot of Crypto content out on YT

of course he does! every single "crypto blogger" puts a lot of cráp on Youtube to earn referral commissions from lame "review" videos or to get paid by shilling some another ponzi scheme.

I want to see the personal opinions or recommendations from the forum users who actually owns cryptos rather than links to Youtube "just watch this guy and become rich!"

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

Don't invest. Trade.

I've traded crypto for several months, no more trading for me, thanks. My mental health is worth more than the profit I've got.

btw I've got tens of times more by simply holding crypto for several years than I've made by trading.

Edited by fdsa

On 8/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, fdsa said:

1) tokens:

2) blockchains:

4) "DAO" coins:

I forgot to mention in the first post and can't edit it already: I do not hold any of "1)" and "5)";  do hold some of "6)" but won't tell which one (not the Chia scam of course :biggrin: )

• 2 weeks later...

XRP being government friendly might well be a huge advantage for obvious reasons. Also the current legal case with the SEC might well go to a settlement and XRP have some catching up to do, that was caused by that. When settled, the big US brokers like Coinbase Etc. Will add them again for even more (initial) upside. As with all crypto, not much is proven as to future use case for XRP but just those points makes it look like a good medium term TRADE at least.

You mentioned CHIA as a decentralized storage coin. That is not really its sales point or planned usage (it just used Proof Of Storage to be mined - more environmentally friendly they say). Again: I look more at the potential TRADE and its arrival to the market trading happened with the latest BTC crash, went from the starting $1400 range down to now $250 range where it has stabilized no matter what good/bad news happens in the crypto sphere.

I could babble away about the team behind it or future use plans, but like with all crypto, that would just be wishful thinking ????

I hold those 2 amongst others.

19 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I think it was a different thread few weeks ago that several were laughing at my "buy now" signal on $REN at $0.42

Today its $0.90

Also called $ADA at $1.44 its now $3.04 at time of post

Lol, the same is true for pretty much every major crypto asset. The entire crypto market still pretty much moves as a whole (with a few exceptions). So anybody could have picked any random asset from the top 50 a few months back and be up about a 100% right now. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Lol, the same is true for pretty much every major crypto asset. The entire crypto market still pretty much moves as a whole (with a few exceptions). So anybody could have picked any random asset from the top 50 a few months back and be up about a 100% right now. 

Dear oh dear fella the envy is literally oozing off you

The salient point is I called both.....and you didn't

Out...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Dear oh dear fella the envy is literally oozing off you

The salient point is I called both.....and you didn't

Perhaps you should have read through my recent posts before making such silly statements. I am nothing but extremely bullish when it comes to the crypto market. And although I stay away from hyped up, useless assets and focus more on those with actual fundamentals, my crypto holdings have done extremely well the past weeks, months, years... So no, zero envy on my part. The pie is large enough for everyone to make a buck, even those riding on hype and meme coins.

But let's not pretend that picking two assets and predicting their prices to go up while the entire market is in an obvious upswing makes us some sort of financial wizard ???? I'd say that's the salient point here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Eggs and baskets.

it's not an eggs and baskets issue but rather a search for new promising technologies.

However as far as I understand there are no cryptos worth spending money at except the ones that I already have.

2 hours ago, mjnaus said:

although I stay away from hyped up, useless assets and focus more on those with actual fundamentals, my crypto holdings have done extremely well the past weeks, months, years...

this.

It seems that there are no new "fundamentals" appeared in the past few years.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Hbar

a company so desperate for anyone to actually run their nodes that they pay 25k bribe plus 5x hardware cost ????

Until December 31, 2021, Hedera shall pay the Member up to $25,000 a year in US Dollars. 

For those purchasing hardware, Hedera shall additionally reimburse the Member up to $20,000 for hardware acquisition costs for the  node and proxy servers.

From January 01, 2022 until at least December 31, 2022 Hedera shall make a Node Subsidy up to $25,000 to Members based on the actual direct costs incurred by the Member for node operations minus half the amount received in the respective Node Account in Node Rewards and Node Fees.

7 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

XDC

it could be a prejudice but I don't invest in anything made by indians.

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

this.

It seems that there are no new "fundamentals" appeared in the past few years.

Well, I’d argue there are definitely new fundamentals. However, the ones I value all revolve around the Ethereum chain and their ecosystem

of protocols. Since DeFi summer last year, there are quite a few Ethereum based protocols with solid fundamentals (all verifiable, on-chain metrics). Things like protocol revenues were not a thing say 2 years back, but they definitely are today. I guess a lot of it comes down to what one would consider to be valuable fundamentals.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 6:53 AM, Pravda said:

Don't invest. Trade.

Bought stellar lumens a week ago and I'm  up 10% while coin is 5% down. These things are so easy to trade. I'm doing it with very small money now, so I didn't get rich, but better than money sitting in the bank.

Yes, trading is the way to do it, to make money, not HODL. I'm trading xrp.

Edited by Dario

34 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Btw I'm down 30% since that post 

That's because all the coins are down. I like your honesty. Trading is a 24 hour job, mind you.

Edited by Dario

24 minutes ago, Dario said:

That's because all the coins are down. I like your honesty. Trading is a 24 hour job, mind you.

After that post I got lazy and decided to hodl. There were 2 major news that took the coins down. I just can't sit in front of computer screen until my balls pop. I'll just hodl and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

After that post I got lazy and decided to hodl. There were 2 major news that took the coins down. I just can't sit in front of computer screen until my balls pop. I'll just hodl and see what happens.

Well. I'm retied, so I have the time to trade. For me its' exciting, even in a down market. .

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

which are these news?

Would would this be one?:

China's most powerful regulators on Friday intensified a crackdown on cryptocurrencies with a blanket ban on all crypto transactions and mining, hitting bitcoin and other major coins and pressuring crypto and blockchain-related stocks.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/china-central-bank-vows-crackdown-cryptocurrency-trading-2021-09-24/

Edited by Salerno