Swiss tourist killer re-enacts crime

webfact

1628485098_1-org.jpg

Photo: PR Phuket

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Teerawat Thothip, the 27-year-old Phuket resident charged with the killing of Swiss tourist Nicole Sauvain-Weiskopf, yesterday (Aug 8 ) re-enacted his actions in choking the 57-year-old tourist and covering her body with a tarpaulin at Ao Yon Waterfall, on Phuket’s east coast. 

Teerawat was taken to stage the re-enactment after the press conference where he confessed that he choked Ms Sauvain-Weiskopf with a headlock, but denied intention to kill her and denied any attempt to rape her.

Ms Sauvain-Weiskopf’s body was found last Thursday lying face down in a stream near the Ao Yon Waterfall. Her body had been covered with a tarpaulin weighed down with rocks. She was naked from the waist down and her denim shorts were found discarded in long grass nearby.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/swiss-tourist-killer-re-enacts-crime-80983.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-09

3 hours ago, grandpa said:

"Swiss tourist killer re-enacts crime"

Surely that should read "ALLEGED "  as he has yet to be tried, even though he has given some sort of confession!  Oh I forgot, this is Thailand where you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence, unless you have influence or money, but preferably both.

The DNA under her fingernails stuffed him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"...27-year-old Phuket resident..."

Just his luck. Where's a Burmese patsy when you need one.

Specially one with a convenient Black Sheet

That is strange ! what, and where does this thing fit into his horrendous crime.

4 hours ago, grandpa said:

Surely that should read "ALLEGED "  as he has yet to be tried, even though he has given some sort of confession!  Oh I forgot, this is Thailand where you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence, unless you have influence or money, but preferably both.

Yes, and did he have a lawyer present during the hours long interrogation, when the supposed confession was being dragged out of him? Or is that just woke?

• Like 1

Is it only me or do I see a further PR disaster in the making? The accused robbed her, the mistreating of the lady resulting in her death was in that case an issue of a second criminal?

This can clearly get out of hands; next will be the tuktuk and the jet ski scams again - absolutely nothing learnt except that the word "sandbox* got an additional meaning! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, grandpa said:

You are guilty until proven innocent . that's why they put one on Remand in Jail until the court date. 

When you go to court one Has to prove that one is innocent . as for the reenactment  Only the Real killer can do that and that would be pretty stupid as that is an admission to Guilt . Once one does that one is Finished/done/Jail.

The story doesn't explain how she ended up with her lower clothes removed. Did he rape her (before or after killing her) or was there someone else to do that, with him or later? This can't be all there is to the story. Something doesn't sound right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

The story doesn't explain how she ended up with her lower clothes removed. Did he rape her (before or after killing her) or was there someone else to do that, with him or later? This can't be all there is to the story. Something doesn't sound right here.

Maybe she thought there was remote and removed them to go for a swim.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

What could be the motive for her alleged killer? Was it for fun or what?

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

"Oh I forgot, this is Thailand where you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence, unless you have influence or money, but preferably both."

When you think, just think and try not to assume what you do not know.  The man has confessed and has already started making his excuses.  Your conspiracy theories have no relevance in this particular case.

i know a lady, she dont want to get vaccinated because she dont trust the vaccine, but she will take the vaccine just because her familiy will receive 100000 thb from the government if she die. im sure many poor people will also confess to a crime if the family will get some money for this.

• Sad 1

I really do wonder what the incentives/inducements are (for the Accused) for taking part in The Re-enactment.

--  Just *what* is in it for the Accused ?

--- And another Q    ...   at what point during the interview, etc is the Accused given an opportunity to talk to/consult with a Defence-Lawyer (provided by the State) ? 

On 8/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, grandpa said:

HE CONFESSED TO THE KILLING!!!

• Like 1

Why do the cops/authorities/press have to announce things until they have investigated thoroughly?  Why do 15 cops/investigators have to stomp all over the evidence at the site?  Why does the sun shine when it's not raining?  Stay tuned for another episode of the Thailight Zone. 

image.png.b4a805568dd5bd455ca8343c22cd73ed.png