COVID-19 Infection Rate in Bangkok Is Decreasing

snoop1130

So they believe that a 13.7% infection rate is a decreasing in numbers.  These folks are just to thick for their own good.  When you reduce testing as they have here in BKK and you have the percentage of people that are infected as they show then that would mean there are over 300k infected in just Bangkok alone when you use the numbers they found out of those tested as a base.  Try again is all I can say.  Lets see what the next days bring.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The only statistic necessary now is the number of tests. If the number goes up, more infections are reported. If the number goes down, less infections reported, yay, the wave has peaked.

I sort of understand. What's actually needed is the number of tests to go way, way up and then the numbers to go down. Infection rate at a guess around 3%. Testing up, numbers down; good. Testing down; numbers down is a false economy.

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they believe that a 13.7% infection rate is a decreasing in numbers.  These folks are just to thick for their own good.  When you reduce testing as they have here in BKK and you have the percentage of people that are infected as they show then that would mean there are over 300k infected in just Bangkok alone when you use the numbers they found out of those tested as a base.  Try again is all I can say.  Lets see what the next days bring.

Suppose it's like a stupidity test on the government.

Will always be a %, if they look.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KeeTua said:

My wife was just saying that the local village health care workers have a good handle on any returnees to the villages now and they have a well established process on dealing with them.

Processing begins before returnees arrive to the village then depending on the individual situation the returnees are either allowed to return to their home for 14 day quarantine or if they've been directly exposed (husband positive, wife not sure yet for example) they are kept in a designated area for 14 days with testing every few days. If a returnee is positive when they arrive they are kept in another designated area to be looked after by one of the local 'doctors.' These designated holding areas watched around the clock.

Very impressive system. The numbers of those kept in the designated areas are going down now and I haven't heard of any local infections caused by a returnee to our group of villages. It does feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this wave now if we could only get some of the vaccines here.

So do the village health care workers know all persons who come back in to the villages from a deep red zone, if this is the case why doesn't  the  czar do a tv update and reduce the panic which is in many Issan  villages.

15 hours ago, smedly said:

they have been so inept at testing it would not be unusual for many of those now being tested to have already had the virus 

If they had an interest in finding out the true state of infection in Bangkok they would also be testing people to see if they have already had it.

Also many people have left Bangkok and carried the virus across the country 

I don't see anything positive in this statement at all - Thailand is not just Bangkok - some seem to think it is when it comes to covid

Now why would you test to see if people already had it ?? Wouldn't that get the nr's up and be scaremongering ?? Isn't it a good thing that people already had it and got threu it without symptoms or dying ??? Isn't that good to get some positive out of this longlasting negative ?? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Almer said:

So do the village health care workers know all persons who come back in to the villages from a deep red zone, if this is the case why doesn't  the  czar do a tv update and reduce the panic which is in many Issan  villages.

In our village they absolutely know. I imagine the panic would be greater than it is now if there was not a system in place to monitor the returnees, if they were allowed to wander around the village.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, smedly said:

they have been so inept at testing it would not be unusual for many of those now being tested to have already had the virus 

If they had an interest in finding out the true state of infection in Bangkok they would also be testing people to see if they have already had it.

Also many people have left Bangkok and carried the virus across the country 

I don't see anything positive in this statement at all - Thailand is not just Bangkok - some seem to think it is when it comes to covid

Yes,

There is so little testing compared to the population of Bangkok that any reports are inconsequential.

Well it should start decreasing considering  most of the Vaccines are going to Bangkok and the red Provinces

Plus the amount of people asked to leave and go back to their Provinces

For treatment

Wonder why the Numbers are now increasing daily in the outer Provinces ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KeeTua said:

My wife was just saying that the local village health care workers have a good handle on any returnees to the villages now and they have a well established process on dealing with them.

Processing begins before returnees arrive to the village then depending on the individual situation the returnees are either allowed to return to their home for 14 day quarantine or if they've been directly exposed (husband positive, wife not sure yet for example) they are kept in a designated area for 14 days with testing every few days. If a returnee is positive when they arrive they are kept in another designated area to be looked after by one of the local 'doctors.' These designated holding areas watched around the clock.

Very impressive system. The numbers of those kept in the designated areas are going down now and I haven't heard of any local infections caused by a returnee to our group of villages. It does feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this wave now if we could only get some of the vaccines here.

The trouble with them ‘having a good handle’ on things here means two entirely separate things to western society and  that of Thailand. Been here a long time and worked in technical areas with Thai companies and ‘near enough’ is way beyond ‘good enough’ in most situations. I hope in this case this isn’t one.

• Like 1

It was looking bad there for a while with cases pushing above 20,000per day so to fix this we have stopped testing so many people so things have improved, Grandmaster Prayut was glad to hear this news otherwise he would look like an idiot and have to cancel or postpone his 120 day re-opening plan, and that can't happen, same as the Sandbox cannot fail

Covid is definitely spreading beyond Bangkok. I have a Thai friend in prison in Sam Khok, an area between Surit Thani and Ayutthaya which up till now I believe had been largely spared from the virus. Now there are over 30 infected prisoners plus some guards, including the one responsible for sending, receiving and reading prisoner's letters, so I assume there is no point writing or waiting for letters from inside. My friends has suffered 2 severe bouts of TB so can only hope his weakened system, particularly lungs, are able to cope. 

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

In our village they absolutely know. I imagine the panic would be greater than it is now if there was not a system in place to monitor the returnees, if they were allowed to wander around the village.

My comment was more, how, how would they know, is it that everybody knows everything about everybody and that linked to the tom tom drums is what alerts the health care providers, or is it more scientific?

my personal impression is not positive.why?gettinga test in bkk?where?its not easy and u gotta pay.simple as that.most countries and med institutions understand that testing is the way to detect cases so.......most places its easy,not so here or this weird stuff thais have about information.theres some weird cultural norm about telling anyone anything.no wonder things are messy

They are really just throwing numbers around. In the last update it says that 51k test have been done in the last 24 hours and nearly 20k came back positive. This is an EXTREMELY high come back rate. It means not nearly enough test are being conducted. 

• Like 1

I would love to know what  the real infection fatality rate for this virus would be if we did know exactly how many have it or have had it. The numbers we have now are obviously a gross underestimate. Would a person in my ages groups likelyhood of survival go from the now 99.7 % + up to......99% ??? Is it possible? No....sorry folks I am not sticking with the narrative. Covid is dangerous....VERY.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/exclusive-covid-19-far-more-widespread-indonesia-than-official-data-show-studies-2021-06-03/