Alternative To TrueVisions in Phuket?

JetsetBkk

I cancelled the cable TV service months ago. I bought a Roku box from Lazada and I can watch most of what I got on cable.

Also you might consider 3BBs box. Right now they are offering for a year free thereafter I think it's just 109 baht/month. We got one just too see what it does.  Quite good. In future when we get guests back will be installing in each apartment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

3BB is easy and cheap. True vision made cancelling from them as hard as possible.

Not for me. Went to their office a couple of days before my annual prescription ran out and told them I wasn't going to renew. They told me what equipment to bring back, and that was it. Done.

I'm sure individual offices do things differently from each other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not for me. Went to their office a couple of days before my annual prescription ran out and told them I wasn't going to renew. They told me what equipment to bring back, and that was it. Done.

I'm sure individual offices do things differently from each other.

They wanted me to drive 40 km to their office to return box, I told them you come to my house if you want the box and supplies. I figured if my bill was paid collecting their equipment was on them.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Scottie12 said:

Pulse is the way to go, I have it on three Firesticks which is the simplest way to get it on more than one TV and it’s brilliant, no VPN required. 24 hour catch up  on most channels and 48 hours on BBC1 and 2, ITV and channels 4 and 5.

I don't know about you, but I have Pulse v2 installed and the catch up is 7 days. The only problem I have with Pulse is that their French and German channels are often stop and go or mute, but happens sometimes to English channels as well and is a bit annoying when you want to watch F1. The offer on TV series is very limited, on Pulse v1 is was much more and better. I think as a paying customer they should try and deliver 24/7, for which I pay, but they have stopped to answer me when I inform them of a problem, but even that I will survive.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, madmitch said:

A good paid VPN and watch catchup from your home country via an Android box.

That's OK for the 'free to air' channels (BBC/ITV in the UK for example), but falls over for the subscribed services such as Sky.   I get all the Sky Channels, BT Sport, Eurosport etc, plus all of what would be pay for view (major boxing/UFC) live.   I stilll download a lot of US series (Netflix/HBO) etc, plus movies.   I use one box for Pulse, one box for Apple TV (for downloads/music wirelessly from my computer).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

I don't know about you, but I have Pulse v2 installed and the catch up is 7 days. The only problem I have with Pulse is that their French and German channels are often stop and go or mute, but happens sometimes to English channels as well and is a bit annoying when you want to watch F1. The offer on TV series is very limited, on Pulse v1 is was much more and better. I think as a paying customer they should try and deliver 24/7, for which I pay, but they have stopped to answer me when I inform them of a problem, but even that I will survive.

I didn't know there was a version 2, still the same as when I got it 5 or so years ago.   I guess because it's being streamed, some issues will directly attributable to whatever ISP is being used.   In my case, I have AIS Fibre, and the very rare problem is literally only momentary.   Do you use the 'Chat' facility in their Support webpage?

39 minutes ago, pagallim said:

That's OK for the 'free to air' channels (BBC/ITV in the UK for example), but falls over for the subscribed services such as Sky.   I get all the Sky Channels, BT Sport, Eurosport etc, plus all of what would be pay for view (major boxing/UFC) live.   I stilll download a lot of US series (Netflix/HBO) etc, plus movies.   I use one box for Pulse, one box for Apple TV (for downloads/music wirelessly from my computer).

I used it alongside an IPTV setup, which I used for live TV. Cost me £50 per annum. A bit of buffering sometimes but generally it was a good setup with support channel as well.

I say this in the past tense as I am now back in England. A bit wary about using the IPTV setup here!

• Like 1

One friend in particular from the UK spends XMas/New Year with us every year (except this past one for obvious reasons), and is amazed at the better quality picture that I get on the UK channels here with Pulse than the one he gets at home in Scotland.   As I said previously, I've now had it for 5+ years, and wouldn't change it.   Yes, I know that there are free/minimum cost alternatives, but I seriously can't be assed ploughing through different sites searching for content, <deleted> picture, buffering etc.   I have no problem paying for something which gives me what I want, when I want it, and good quality (guess that goes for everything in life......????).   Looking forward to the start of the English Premier League this coming weekend, knowing that I can watch every single match live if I want to.

Just checked to see when my annual subscription is due for renewal (it's later this month).   At my log in page, the latest movies and tv series came up.   You can see that they are basically the very latest ones that you can get from torrent sites.

20210811_163141.thumb.jpg.75b1ae75b14c82db98f06f21b30427f5.jpg

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just last week changed over to Pulse Tv (pulse-tv.net)

You can access all channels of BBC, ITV, SKY, BT sports and many others

After one week's viewing, including great Olympic coverage, I can say I am happy so far

Of the three options available, I have chosen first to trial at B1,000 per month so if you are in doubt about commitment...

There is an option to buy a set top box but I am managing for the moment without, using my PC.

Check it out, see what you think. If you have VPN, set it to Thailand.

If you want to contact them, they are very quick to respond and helpful.

I am waiting myself to see about Premiership football which is shown to be on various channels, as none of them have exclusivity. But all games for this season I think are covered.

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've got an old True satellite dish for sale. And a CTH one too. Could be useful for growing plants in, or I am sure other posters can think of more interesting uses. Adapt into bird baths, perhaps?

I've also got an old CTH dish sitting on top of my car port. Flower pot? Hmm.  ????

(I've already got a bird bath, but a CTH bath would be HUGE! ???? )

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

I guess, with a name like "Chercheur", you need the French channels!  ???? 

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

I didn't know there was a version 2, still the same as when I got it 5 or so years ago.   I guess because it's being streamed, some issues will directly attributable to whatever ISP is being used.   In my case, I have AIS Fibre, and the very rare problem is literally only momentary.   Do you use the 'Chat' facility in their Support webpage?

Yes I used the 'Chat' function and with time, I knew the answers beforehand.

" It's my internet speed, it is my box, it is the rain etc. etc..

I send emails now to the support address and as I am no longer in Phuket and Thailand it is easier for me.

As I experienced with my the box/laptop etc.. that had v1, there were no more French and German channels

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

I've had Pulse for more than 5 years now, get every UK channel live with 24 hours catch up, plus Australian, French and German channels.   A very large movie and TV series library is included, and on-line 'Chat' support during normal working hours if you need it.   Less than half the price of True, and you can have it on 4 devices.   I have it wirelessly to a box then HDMI to my main TV, on my computer, and via an app on my phone, with one spare.   Virtually every channel in HD.   A photo I've just taken of what I'm watching at the moment and one of "Celebrity Masterchef" from last night which I'm watching.

20210811_142417.thumb.jpg.3f5f472c71dda81ae32b2cf701fbc5b0.jpg

20210811_143703.jpg

Forgot to mention the initial setup cost.

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

I guess, with a name like "Chercheur", you need the French channels!  ???? 

A name is a just that, a name. Not that I NEED French or German channels, but I choose Pulse a few years ago because they have them. (Most of the time????)

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

No it's not, now you only have 1 server instead of the previous 3.

Edited by beechbum

2 minutes ago, beechbum said:

No it's not, now you only have 1 server instead of the previous 3.

Are you saying you have problems with it? What are they?   I seriously can't remember the last time I had any problem with Pulse.

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Are you saying you have problems with it? What are they?   I seriously can't remember the last time I had any problem with Pulse.

No I'm not, I'm saying it's not the same as it was previously, now they only have 1 server, they used to have 3 so if any problems were encountered it was easy to switch to a different server.