Full disclosure demanded over distribution of 1.5m doses of donated Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Assuming they even have vaccine for he Expatsvax registration from 1st August logistics is not something they are famous for here.

40,000 plus registrants in different parts of the country would pose a problem in most countries, from the previous failures of online registrations alone here the actual roll out of vax to all registrants looks like a nightmare for the Thai's in charge. 

The vaccines only have limited shelf life so look for excuses why such and such a vax is unavailable, Pfizer was the name that attracted so many registrations, be interesting to see what transpires, if anything.

On the other hand,hope I am wrong and appointments and actual vax will soon take place!

A year and a half into the pandemic most countries have sorted out the logistics and have vaccinated hundreds of thousands in places all over their countries.

It's not at all surprising they have screwed up the whole thing here, but to pretend that most countries would have problems with a mere 40k registrants is disingenuous.

Even the USA which has been greatly hampered by idiot politicians and hypocritical, rabid media who have politicized public health issues, has achieved 60% partial and 51% of the population fully vaccinated. 

Edited by Old Croc

2 minutes ago, Hepbub said:

Not everyone lives in Bangkok, and many can't get there. You obviously do, so shut up and think about others!

Actually I don't but I'm all to willing to drive 3 hours to become 97% immune. I am thinking of others imploring them to do the same, make the effort, not excuses 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If any Pfizer vaccine is leftover, they will hand it out to foreigners and regular Thais and advertise it to the world.  The 50,000 doses out of 1.5 million donated, the scraps.  Most people don’t realize that it came in last week and most of it is already in human arms.  Whose arms though?  Take a wild guess.  

17 minutes ago, Hepbub said:

Not everyone lives in Bangkok, and many can't get there. You obviously do, so shut up and think about others!

Booked until October?   LOL    They only got 1.5 mil doses and about half went to other places. According to the health minister they were going to vaccinate 1 million a day so the Pfizer should be gone already

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Wouldn´t it be better if the US demanded that instead. Thought they´ve done that already.

Both sides of the ocean used this as a purely political maneuver. The actual fact that nal disposition of the vaccine my taxes bought for Thailand is irrelevant to my government.

The US government didn't care and the Thai government already knew that only a miniscule fraction of expats, let alone Americans , would get any. The outcome was baked into the cake.

Anybody that couldn't predict this weeks ago simply wasn't paying attention.

17 hours ago, rabas said:

Odd, an issue on the same timeline as amnesty for "decision makers".  Anutin, is that you again?

Anutin needs to take more showers and his family ain’t frontline workers

Edited by Millcx
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You think that if the US or this doctor demands it the outcome would be different ? 

Nah, I think that if a country demands it. Especially a close ally like US, it will have a greater weight.

16 hours ago, WISteve said:

Well, today is the 11th and Minister Anutin said the approved persons on expatvac should be getting a notice by now.

Have any of you who received an approved notice via e-mail received further instructions?  I've been watching my e-mail and SMS like a hawk but no joy.

Today it is the 12 th, and still no sms or email from expatvac with vax time/ info. I am over 60 and living outside Bangkok area.

The expatvac site is very quiet now, before they where making daily updates on expat numbers etc, but now silence...

Is it just going to be another scammy vax site, like all the others `?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Strange that you not mentioned that weeks ago then, or are you also one that didn´t pay attention?

Never mind Pfizer !!! Sinovac , AstraZenika , Sputnik V , will serve just as well . I have been reading on Thaivisa that Pfizer was being reserved for foreigners , perhaps Americans resident in Thailand . I'm British 84 yrs , when my wife asked a nurse friend if I could be vaccinated along with her and her school teacher colleagues , she was told foreigners have to wait for Pfizer . We live at Huaimek , Kalasin . Two days ago my wife was told tomorrow there will be vaccination for the over 60s at the hospital . Yesterday my wife and I went along to the hospital , we were shocked by so many people and nearly went home again , but we stuck it out .

I am of the opinion that our excellent hospital had brought in a team of expert vaccinators . My wife filled out the forms and the whole process worked so smoothly , though formerly reluctant we were both vaccinated with Sinovac and will have the second shot on 1st September . About 220 people were vaccinated by midday . I would like to think that other small village hospitals could do the same , including all their community irrespective of whether foreigners or Thai .  I congratulate Huaimek hospital !!!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Actually I don't but I'm all to willing to drive 3 hours to become 97% immune. I am thinking of others imploring them to do the same, make the effort, not excuses 

Long distance travel even for the purpose of vaccination is antisocial and very risky!

22 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Both sides of the ocean used this as a purely political maneuver. The actual fact that nal disposition of the vaccine my taxes bought for Thailand is irrelevant to my government.

The US government didn't care and the Thai government already knew that only a miniscule fraction of expats, let alone Americans , would get any. The outcome was baked into the cake.

I knew it wasn't going to happen after reading this from the US Embassy   https://th.usembassy.gov/a-message-to-american-citizens-in-thailand-from-charge-daffaires-michael-heath/?fbclid=IwAR36rvlsjrHfD_5zY0bqkD0Y9L0aRuPMgmp5vZKy4lYOGbckqhpC3Vvvljc    4th paragraph down 

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Strange that you not mentioned that weeks ago then, or are you also one that didn´t pay attention?

If you look at my posts via my profile you will see that I have, multiple times. Did you do that or just run your mouth.?

Also you react as if I was personally attacking you when I was agreeing with you.

I've seen enough of your loose lip to just block you though.

Fini

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, koele2 said:

If any Pfizer vaccine is leftover, they will hand it out to foreigners and regular Thais and advertise it to the world.  The 50,000 doses out of 1.5 million donated, the scraps.  Most people don’t realize that it came in last week and most of it is already in human arms.  Whose arms though?  Take a wild guess.  

They will probably try to make cash out of the donated items.....

• Like 1

It’s all a kabuki dance.

Here are 1.5 million Pfizer vaccines.  Please allocate some to foreigners and to hi risk Thai citizens.

“yes yes yes yes”

We trust your govt will distribute it fairly.  Americans are generous.

”yes yes yes yes”

we cannot and will not make sure who you give the vaccines to though.

”oh ok, no problem.  Yes yes”

we will leave now, enjoy the vaccine.  May your citizens live long!  

“Yes yes, thank you, yes”.     “Ok they’re gone.  Make a list of who we owe, who we want to owe us, and make sure it can’t come back to me!  And get the Sinovac ready, I think a normal bait and switch should work”

it’s all a kabuki dance.

Edited by koele2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

As risky as facing Delta unvaccinated, I think not. Maybe public transit but in my car not even close.

Researchers looked at more than 28,000 health-care workers in California who were fully vaccinated during the surge of cases earlier this year. Only seven of them — 0.02 percent — tested positive for the coronavirus after more than two weeks had passed since they received their second dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. Those who did have a positive test were either asymptomatic or had only mild symptoms.

22 minutes ago, koele2 said:

It’s all a kabuki dance.

Here are 1.5 million Pfizer vaccines.  Please allocate some to foreigners and to hi risk Thai citizens.

“yes yes yes yes”

We trust your govt will distribute it fairly.  Americans are generous.

”yes yes yes yes”

we cannot and will not make sure who you give the vaccines to though.

”oh ok, no problem.  Yes yes”

we will leave now, enjoy the vaccine.  May your citizens live long!  

“Yes yes, thank you, yes”.     “Ok they’re gone.  Make a list of who we owe, who we want to owe us, and make sure it can’t come back to me!”

it’s all a kabuki dance.

They are not stupid. Throw the 1.5M as a bone to insure 20M donated later

47 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

If you look at my posts via my profile you will see that I have, multiple times. Did you do that or just run your mouth.?

Also you react as if I was personally attacking you when I was agreeing with you.

I've seen enough of your loose lip to just block you though.

Fini

You do know that you could just have blocked me, right? 

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

There is not such term as Full disclosure in the Thai language, never need it anyway because no one uses this term for obvious reasons...

การเปิดเผยแบบเต็ม

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Good list, but might as well saved time and just said "everything".

I'll add a few airport-centric deals: Suvarnabhumi (the actual airport itself - look no further that the current health minister,  and his firm Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, which built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport ), the CTX baggage scanners and the King Power concession (which made another family's fortune).

Stuff falls off the truck here at at least a 30% clip.

Lay off KP, they have brought us ( not bought )fa cup, charity shield and prem. league title - to foxes they are gods. ????????????