Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

4 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

What a talented investor, my hat off to him for turning an ok salary into a multi million dollars wealth!

From what I heard, earning roughly 120k per month while supporting a wife and children makes it hard to own several luxury watches, let alone multiple properties... 

My GF's relatives are close to a small local judge who earns about 100K per month, he lives in a small 3MB house he bought a long time ago and owns a car that is at least 20 years old. He has never been abroad and has just put a couple of millions into savings for his kids who are about to graduate university. He must have been doing it all wrong...

Nothing else to see here people, keep moving.

An honest judge in Thailand, I would think so.

2 minutes ago, choff56 said:

An honest judge in Thailand, I would think so.

He claims to have never accepted a bribe or been biased. I tend to somehow believe him considering his lifestyle. But again, he is a small local judge. Maybe he never really gotten the right "opportunities".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

I wonder how much wealth or salary the PM is on or has???? And it would be interesting, to know, what his actual income and total wealth he had, b4 the coup, compared, to his total wealth and salery  now???? 

Pm is on about 235000 per month , his wealth now from memory 180 million but you can ignore declared assets because it’s utter bs, way too easy to hide money in this country.

Some say he did some deal worth 350 million and paid a deposit of 190 million when he only had 180 million in total .so that alone shows all their declared numbers are maybe 1/10 of what they are really worth 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

He must be a friend of yours is

He? People are dying, starving, massive poverty and unemployment, and you think its normal to have for his job? 

I suggest if there are many persons in Thailand with that wealth, they should donate, each, at least 5million baht to help the people, instead of small charities or small expat groups, having to scrape together food n help for the people 

When did I say that I think it´s normal? At least 10 have laughed and understood my sarcasm. I just give a thanks to them and let you go on your merry way. 

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Pm is on about 235000 per month , his wealth now from memory 180 million but you can ignore declared assets because it’s utter bs, way too easy to hide money in this country.

Some say he did some deal worth 350 million and paid a deposit of 190 million when he only had 180 million in total .so that alone shows all their declared numbers are maybe 1/10 of what they are really worth 

180million baht WOW, 

Do you think that he has built this wealth up since becoming PM? 

Like I said before, I would be nice to know how much wealth he had, in total, before he bacame PM????????????

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BestB said:

You so naive, there will be no audit . He is not from some farmers family and his wife neither . Both come from prominent families, have 5-10 times more than they have declared . Money is hidden away under brothers , sisters, cousins , shelve companies and offshore accounts. 

his position cost him 10-20 times his salary , rest assured he had a lot more to be able to pay.

When Phuket or Pattaya police gets a new chief, most bars get raided within 3 months.

and position of station chief in Pattaya or Phuket is a lot cheaper than the chief of police.

108 million is what he made back in the first few months on the job????

Anyone got his number? Because I might give him a ring and ask him if he could borrow me 

Somthing, ????????????

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

When did I say that I think it´s normal? At least 10 have laughed and understood my sarcasm. I just give a thanks to them and let you go on your merry way. 

Did you, sorry, I'm half thinking about the poverty and the people, n half angry about how greedy and fake care top officials have, I ended up replying before thinking, ????, it just boils my <deleted>, when leaders of many countrys are ending up muliti millionaires, in jobs supposed to be helping the people,, Ex PM of UK David Cameron, just been found out pocketing, upto £10 million pound,, from lobbying, jobs for mates, when in government ???????? when I'm in that much debt I wish I was taller lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Audit? You seriously think they will look into this? Prayuth is there to protect them, not investigate them. Prayuth and this administration are the do nothing people. Their sole purpose is to protect the elite, the super rich, corporations, the police, immigration, customs, and those currently in power. Nothing else matters to these dinosaurs. 

And Thailand will pay the price for this failed regime for years to come. Woe are the people of Thailand. They justly deserve all the criticism, humiliation and shame that can be heaped upon them. 

Out with the dinosaurs. In with the youth! 

Good post. And very true.

This is why I quit Thailand at the very beginning of 2020. I just grew to hate the place. 

I moved away after having lived there for over 20 years, and these days miss absolutely nothing about it. 

I pity expats who are still here. Thailand is a lousy option for retirees.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BestB said:

Wish somone could find out how much wealth and assets he had, b4 the coup or b4 he PM

• Like 1