Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

15 hours ago, PAULPACKAGE said:

???????????????? 

Nothing to do with any crime, but I was in court not long after I first came to Thailand, the judge ruled in my favour and then about two weeks after the case, my lawyer phoned me and said the Judge changed her mind and ruled against me saying that she did not believe my testament.

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

When did I say that I think it´s normal? At least 10 have laughed and understood my sarcasm. I just give a thanks to them and let you go on your merry way. 

Like I said, there is a very small minority amongst Asean Now/TV members who really believe the unelected PM is a fair man, and reading your post it did not look like sarcasm.

21 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And a "wealth" of 104 million baht is something for the news because of what? There are many persons in Thailand with that amount. Nothing to lift any eye brows over. Just let the guy be.

Government Henchman at work? or a super wealthy farang? or both?,????     nudge nudge wink wink...say no more ????

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

so what's new ?  .......  politicians worldwide amass huge amounts of money and assets during there tenure. It's no different .... the big guys in Western countries get backhanders for favors, jobs, whatever ... it's just not mentioned that's all.  I'd like to see some bank accounts and assets for some of the top level brass in UK or US,  I know of a politician in Australia a couple of years back where it was confirmed he amassed 32 houses / rental PROPERTIES if I remember correctly.  

Politicians in the likes of the UK and the US have the education and brains to cover their corruption up, but Thai politicians with maybe the odd exception, are the exact opposite, when the unelected Thai PM makes mistakes, which is all the time, it is changed the next day, he just doesn't have the brains to watch what he is saying in the first place.

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

s I know of a politician in Australia a couple of years back where it was confirmed he amassed 32 houses / rental PROPERTIES if I remember correctly.  

Its quite possible to do that legitimately .

Usually done by burrowing money from a bank and paying the money back from rental income  

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The amount of popular posts I get all the time would say different. Have a nice day also.

Always the last word. At least that´s what you think. Just look at your amount of posts, and compare to likes. ????

After that, stop claiming false fame. Even I, have a better percentage than you.

Now this thread is about a police and his family´s wealth of 104 million baht. Try keep it there. What I meant with my comment was the opposite of what I posted. Half seem to understand that. I can´t believe how you and the other half even can think I would take his side. That so far from reality, that it´s almost psychotic.

48 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Like I said, there is a very small minority amongst Asean Now/TV members who really believe the unelected PM is a fair man, and reading your post it did not look like sarcasm.

Haven´t you found enough comments to quote with the same information now? I have already explained to you. I can´t help you with understanding.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Government Henchman at work? or a super wealthy farang? or both?,????     nudge nudge wink wink...say no more ????

At least you got a little bit right. Tired! The rest is already explained if you bother to read the thread before posting.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Always the last word. At least that´s what you think. Just look at your amount of posts, and compare to likes. ????

After that, stop claiming false fame. Even I, have a better percentage than you.

Now this thread is about a police and his family´s wealth of 104 million baht. Try keep it there. What I meant with my comment was the opposite of what I posted. Half seem to understand that. I can´t believe how you and the other half even can think I would take his side. That so far from reality, that it´s almost psychotic.

"After that, stop claiming false fame. Even I, have a better percentage than you."

Maybe now because the posters realise that you were being sarcastic. ????

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"After that, stop claiming false fame. Even I, have a better percentage than you."

Maybe now because the posters realise that you were being sarcastic. ????

Now this thread is about a police and his family´s wealth of 104 million baht. Try keep it there.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Looks like he married well and his wife comes from a very wealthy family

Weeeeeeeeeeeell then, all the big noises in all the uniformed jobs here must have done the same thing, eh.....???? 

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about British MPs who collect their full MPS salary while also holding positions as lawyers, company directors etc, etc?

Okay, but I am more concerned with the Generals and political power.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 2

It must be very hard for him to get up in the morning to face another day working so hard to keep the people of Thailand safe make sure they keep paying the fines and the tourist and expats 

must be very hard at these difficult times 

with no tourist and the people of Thailand starving 

but I’m sure he will find a way to buy another watch car or even more land 

we must all feel so sorry for him 

and let’s not forget all the other high ranking police officers and the government officials all struggling to keep to the lifestyle they are used to 

one say sadly I think not In my lifetime 

thailand will have a government and police force to love and take care of the Thai people ????????????????????

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its quite possible to do that legitimately .

Usually done by burrowing money from a bank and paying the money back from rental income  

not those in a position of power who can sway council decisions etc ......    I can assure you ....

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did he buy Council property or was it private property ?

I'm not sure Mac to be honest, I remember there was a big issue about it and most saying how the heck can someone on his annual salary in the time he has been a politician amass such a large number of properties. 

May have even been a parliamentary inquiry, i'm not sure of the outcome. It was a few years back in Sydney.  

If people think 100+mil is a lot for the chief of police for Thailand, they must not know how the world works.   And I doubt 100+ mil is what the man is actually worth.  You don't get to own a couple mil in watches, cars, bags and jewels and let it be over 1/10 of your net worth.  This is just stuff that he couldn't hide under an offshore company or under some nominee.