Thai Friendly

Sparktrader

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A few years ago I bought Madam a new sewing machine at our local Robinsons.

The sales lady was an obvious ladyboy (truly a bloke in a skirt and blouse). She was a superb sales person, knew everything about the various machines on offer, demonstrated well, she just didn't really present well as female. To be honest, it made not one jot of difference, we bought a machine, Madam was happy.

I've seen some stunners at Watsons, the Nivea reps. Those tight blue and white dresses. The long legs and heels. All but few would have to be blind to say that isn't attractive.

Indeed, The Thai ladies love them. They're an honorable part of the sisterhood. Khun pi, khun pi... At this Chatuchak handbag shop, there was one who was absolutely glowing with her face and smile, who had caught us looking, and drew my wife in. She was however up there in years, no longer "passable", yet still quite lovely.

She then began talking to us in near perfect English, asking us about our life together, me about my background, and how I've been doing in Thailand. Ah, the stories she could tell about her experience in a previous life, having developed such English.

• Like 2

I do believe, most sincerely, that a world with ever-less bias would become a more perfect place to live.

This is what we all should be striving for.

How will we know when our world is approaching perfection?

I would say that one way we will know is when a ladyboy becomes the head of state in a country such as the US, Canada, the UK, or another.

Gender bias and discrimination is unhealthy for all members of a society.

At many universities in Thailand, gender discrimination is, thankfully, almost a thing of the past.

The world, at least here in Thailand, is improving in this respect.

I find this change refreshing, even though I also find it something new.

It is absolutely wrong to discriminate based on gender or gender identity.

We all know this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I do believe, most sincerely, that a world with ever-less bias would become a more perfect place to live.

This is what we all should be striving for.

How will we know when our world is approaching perfection?

I would say that one way we will know is when a ladyboy becomes the head of state in a country such as the US, Canada, the UK, or another.

Gender bias and discrimination is unhealthy for all members of a society.

At many universities in Thailand, gender discrimination is, thankfully, almost a thing of the past.

It is absolutely wrong to discriminate based on gender or gender identity.

We all know this.

on the surface that may be the impresssion. however, i was asked to proof read a report for an international conference on transgender descrimination produced following a wide ranging study into gender discrimination in thailand. the factual and anecdotal evidence of widespread discrimination and persecution of transgender individuals within thai society is shocking.

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It sure looks like the photo posted earlier in the OP and the one I thought was 15, well she is a he and definitively not jail bait.......lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

... but criticizing those that do is being biased or discriminatory.

yes, not sure anyone has? although those that do like LBs often still consider themselves heterosexual, which is odd

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

Back on topic....

Another plus for Thai Friendly - a bar girl will invariably rush you as she is under pressure from her Mama to get back to the bar as soon as possible to continue working, particularly if she is one of the rare hotties. Short time with a TF freelancer will often turn into an overnight.

(Unfortunately, I prefer to sleep alone, particularly in the tropical heat, and so that is not really an advantage for me personally).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

on the surface that may be the impresssion. however, i was asked to proof read a report for an international conference on transgender descrimination produced following a wide ranging study into gender discrimination in thailand. the factual and anecdotal evidence of widespread discrimination and persecution of transgender individuals within thai society is shocking.

Did the study include views, perceptions and attitudes among university-age students after their sophomore year?

I have more knowledge of views in Thailand among this age group, and less knowledge among other sectors of the population here.

I think university students here are very caring and more enlightened concerning this important topic.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

yes, not sure anyone has? although those that do like LBs often still consider themselves heterosexual, which is odd

A bit like the old guys married to young women thinking they aren't paying.

Thailand is a land of fantasy for men ........ why not let them have their fantasy?

I am a heterosexual and my much younger partner really loves me!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I find the Y chromosome off-putting.

I prefer my friends, my associates, and all those near me, to have two X chromosomes.

If I could board a Magic Carpet which might whisk me to a world in which I was the only individual with a Y chromosome, I would not hesitate to fly away.

This is my dream.

It's all in the chromosomes, the goodness, I mean.

Look up "Testicular Feminization". or "Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome".  It's a syndrome in which androgen signaling is impaired.  The result is a 46,XY individual whose body only sees female sex hormones (normal females have a mix of female and male homrones with a higher ratio of female:male hormones compared to males).  Such individuals have a female phenotype that is often extremely voluptuous.

There's also Klinefelter's syndrome - 47,XXY .  They present as more male than female but they don't measure up to 46,XY.  

7 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Look up "Testicular Feminization". or "Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome".  It's a syndrome in which androgen signaling is impaired.  The result is a 46,XY individual whose body only sees female sex hormones (normal females have a mix of female and male homrones with a higher ratio of female:male hormones compared to males).  Such individuals have a female phenotype that is often extremely voluptuous.

There's also Klinefelter's syndrome - 47,XXY .  They present as more male than female but they don't measure up to 46,XY.  

No need for me to look it up on Google or anywhere at this time.

This was common, as well as required, knowledge in my high school, many decades ago.

You will, of course, recall that this issue was discussed so many times during the Olympic games, back in the 1970s, or late 60s.

We should also consider gene expression in this discussion.

Genotype does not determine phenotype and other expressed traits as much as we once mistakenly believed.

Gene expression rules!, which is determined by many factors, both environmental factors as well as genotype.

Expression of genes is also affected by ancestral conditions, reaching back generationally, as you know.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

We should all feel grateful for, and glory in, the fact that the diversity of Human behavior, as well as Human preferences and tastes, is truly a many splendored thing.

How can we say that one Human Being is 70 percent more beautiful than another Human Being?

We cannot even use symmetry in this case.

Some say that we can judge Beauty using fractals. 

Some colors are seemingly more beautiful, I guess.

For example, the color green.

Why?

My guess is that the color green reminds us of the jungle.

I love the sea when it is a deep blue, but I also enjoy the sea near the equator where the sea is even more beautiful, and where the sea becomes a beautiful shade of green.

It is impossible to judge beauty based on gender, I think.

And, assigning a percentage value to beauty is pointless, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1