Thai made AstraZeneca vax good for visits to France and Germany, says govt spokeswoman

webfact

55 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thailand cuts a lot of corners in almost everything they make.

Also this particular Astra Zeneca plant isnt very transparent.  Theres lots of delays and when questions arise there is never a response.

You really think that the parent company doesn't closely monitor what these contractors produce? Keep in mind that Siam Bioscience doesn't provide the vaccine to anyone but Astra Zeneca. It's Astra Zeneca that then distributes the vaccine to 3rd parties. But they're going to jeopardize their good name by accepting these Thai manufactured vaccines on blind trust? How likely is that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

You really think that the parent company doesn't closely monitor what these contractors produce? Keep in mind that Siam Bioscience doesn't provide the vaccine to anyone but Astra Zeneca. It's Astra Zeneca that then distributes the vaccine to 3rd parties. But they're going to jeopardize their good name by accepting these Thai manufactured vaccines on blind trust? How likely is that?

Who knows with Thailand?

I'm willing to let Yai have it though while I wait patiently for Moderna.

I'd like to have everyone in the household vaccinated.  

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What do you mean by who knows with Thailand? You think Astra Zeneca would allow a Thai manufacturer some sort of special exemption from its enforcement of standards? You're reaching.

You know Thailand.

A post containing a headline from a news site in the US without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're missing the point. What does the location of Siam Bioscience have to do with Astra Zeneca enforcing its standards?

I'm sure its fine.

I wish they would ramp up production though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Maybe the world except Eu. 

You get off the hook by saying "maybe"  The AZ vaccine is manufactured in the EU at sites at Seneffe in Belgium and Leiden in the Netherlands. 

Incidentally AZ praised the quality of Thai made AZ vaccines very recently and published here in TVisa. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The UK doesn't accept ANY vaccinations done in Thailand.

I suspect the EU will be the same.

I haven't seen that on the UK government website.

I have seen the UK government website actually encouraging British Nationals to get the vaccine in the country they are living, in my case, AZ vaccine in Thailand.

Are you saying this is not recognized in the UK? I would definitely want to know if this is true, how can they refuse to accept a vaccine produced under license to Astra Zenica specifications?

This would make the difference between zero quarantine or 10 days quarantine for a UK trip with Thailand on the Amber list.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scraman said:

Az vaccine Covishield made in India is not accepted in the EU, only AZ vaccine Vaxzevira.

Nope. Check the EU approved for emergency list and you'll see the AstraZenica from India is also approved - equal footing with Phizer,  Moderna .

Covishield (ChAdOx1_nCoV-19) Serum Institute of India (licensee of AstraZeneca)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

They have already shambolically messed up using Bioscience - a company with zero experience producing vaccines, which was wholly unprepared for the challenges ahead. Why? Because they either got played, or they don't care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

They have already shambolically messed up using Bioscience - a company with zero experience producing vaccines, which was wholly unprepared for the challenges ahead. Why? Because they either got played, or they don't care.

It may have been a bad choice to use Siam Bioscience butjthat doesn't mean that Astra Zeneca is going to let substandard vaccines pass inspection. And it should be pointed out that at the beginning, AstraZeneca didn't exactly do a bang up job of manufacturing vaccines, either. 

Manufacturing disruptions delay Covid-19 vaccine distribution

AstraZeneca (Cambridge, UK) has revealed that unspecified production problems at its CMO Novasep’s (Lyon, France) Belgian site mean it will produce only 40% of the doses it promised to the EU in Q1, according to Reuters. It will now deliver only 31 million doses. An EU official said AstraZeneca plans to begin deliveries to the EU from 15 February.

“Initial volumes will be lower than originally anticipated due to reduced yields at a manufacturing site within our European supply chain,” said an AstraZeneca spokesperson.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/covid-19-vaccine-manufacturing-disruptions/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I haven't seen that on the UK government website.

I have seen the UK government website actually encouraging British Nationals to get the vaccine in the country they are living, in my case, AZ vaccine in Thailand.

Are you saying this is not recognized in the UK? I would definitely want to know if this is true, how can they refuse to accept a vaccine produced under license to Astra Zenica specifications?

This would make the difference between zero quarantine or 10 days quarantine for a UK trip with Thailand on the Amber list.

You have to go through the same quarantine as someone not vaccinated if you go to UK.

Only vaccines carried out in EU and USA are currently recognised, but that’s because they have a trusted system in place to prove the vaccines are genuine.

Vaccines carried out elsewhere will get recognised in future but who knows when, could be years..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

They refuse to accept all vaccinations done outside the US/UK/EU no matter what the vaccine.

I believe the reason given is the other countries have no centralised database that can be checked.

Doesn't matter if the vaccine was made in the UK, it's not accepted if it was injected in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thailand cuts a lot of corners in almost everything they make.

Also this particular Astra Zeneca plant isnt very transparent.  Theres lots of delays and when questions arise there is never a response.

exactly ......   Thailand is not noted for manufacture of quality that's for sure  ......  everything made in Thailand breaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

exactly ......   Thailand is not noted for manufacture of quality that's for sure  ......  everything made in Thailand breaks.

Unfortunately I see that with many of my tools.  Rusting screwdrivers that are stored properly, screen doors that have broken after a few years, generator that wont start.

Wifes still running strong though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It's all rather silly.  A vaccination of a product made to approved standards and accepted by the WHO should be accepted worldwide, Nationalism is being petty.

That of course would mean the Chinese vaccines, and there I might feel reservation.

11 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Thai produced AZ is on the List.

If you had 2 AZ shots you are free to go. If not, you can get out on day 6 from home quarantine with an extra PCR test. 

Where is it on the list?

12 hours ago, Aforek said:

And Yamaha motocycles in Indonesia ... workers are locals but executives are from the country of origin and they apply the original manufacturer's guideline ... of course Zeneca made in Thailand is the same than the others ; strange that there are  people who think that quality is not the same because it's made in Thailand 

In the case of vaccines it is particularly hard to understand when one takes into account the impeccable reliability, veracity, transparency and consistency of all governmental involvement and announcements regarding the production of vaccines in Thailand. 

Quite inexplicable really!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

You forget something very important regarding UE : the "vaccine pass" !

Without it, in France for instance, you can't go to restaurants, museums, large shopping malls, use trains, airplanes, visit someone in an hospital etc.

The "vaccine pass" is based on a personnalized QR code.

So the question is : how foreign tourists who wish to go to France can get their "vaccine pass" with the famous QR code ?

The french government has created a procedure :

Here : https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le-ministere-et-son-reseau/actualites-du-ministere/informations-coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-declarations-et-communiques/article/communique-passe-sanitaire-pour-les-touristes-etrangers-extra-europeens

-you need a vaccine (recognized by UE, list here)

-you send by email a copy of the vaccine certificate issued by your country (with ID, airplane tickets, a special form)

->they will send you back a QR code.

That's the current procedure (it might change later on)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

This is more "eye friendly"

Check out the Plus Symbol for Astra Z.

https://www.pei.de/DE/newsroom/dossier/coronavirus/coronavirus-inhalt.html?cms_pos=3

but for Thailand Siam Bioscience is not mentioned as "Lizenznehmer"

the Phyathai Hospital in Bangkok informed me that the vaccine is still not approved in the EU