Got my third Pfizer jab today

gargamon

9 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Why 3?  There is no research that I have seen that supports that you need 2 and a booster third so close together. There is some speculation around the medicos that a third, booster shot may be needed in western winter, or late next year,  What will you do then OP, have 4? 

My brother( 82 in UK) told me he’s getting his third jab in late September . They had a message from NHS. Neither him or his wife have big health problems. I think in France we will follow, 6 months intervals, after my third I will consider traveling again if possible.  Maybe Phuket if Tahiti and Bali are closed. I wouldn’t go back to Chonburi area. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, thaitom said:

I am going to try and get a third dose Wed. . But it will be a triple sinovac.No one wants the sinovac where I live. I don't believe it is safe to mix them.  oh.... It is the Land of Smirks,  The land of smiles (fake) is long gone.

They have your vaxx record at the MoPH. They may or may not allow it, depending on their current policy.

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

They have your vaxx record at the MoPH. They may or may not allow it, depending on their current policy.

I don't believe that to be honest. The hospital maybe but I don't think the MoPH will get all information back. Also what a crazy big database this will be to handle... you literally have to connect 1000 hospitals to that database and the hospital you go to have to connect to that database again and pull your info?
We in Thailand lol 

If you go to the same hospital yes they will have your records, but as I bought Moderna for October ( I mean I paid already ... ) I will also get my 3rd shot in a different hospital later in Q4 (self paid) .. in European countries they make the 3rd refresher already so we will have data and studies soon about that.

My goodness - great for you. I just applied for a vaccination here. SinoVac as the first shot and AstraZeneca as the second one. Don't think to much - it is for free. But wait a moment - now I am officially vaccinated and not good enough to go to many countries or perhaps for an other vaccination with Moderna or Pfizer?! 

Edited by Mickeymaus

1 hour ago, geisha said:

My brother( 82 in UK) told me he’s getting his third jab in late September . They had a message from NHS. Neither him or his wife have big health problems. I think in France we will follow, 6 months intervals, after my third I will consider traveling again if possible.  Maybe Phuket if Tahiti and Bali are closed. I wouldn’t go back to Chonburi area. 

Chon Buri Province is fine, bit quiet, which is rather nice and so long as you stay clear of the markets, it seems safe enough. 

No, I'm afraid your thinking is wrong. In fact, the Pfizer shot has shown LESS protection against Delta than Moderna in a metadata study from Israel. Indeed, you'll be in a bit of a pickle as increased vaccinations can lead to less immune response and when the new booster shots do come out in the fall that are Delta-specific, you will have to wait because you have just been vaccinated and the concern about antigenicity given it will be your fourth shot. These sort of problems come about when people with no medical training play doctor even when they would fail my Epidemiology 100 class. Even a first-year undergraduate would have been able to tell you that you screwed up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if it is advisable to have three shots, absolutely not sure.

Just do a little Google search and listen what the former vice president of Pfizer, Dr. Mike Yeadon, says about the Corona vaccines.

He has been an absolute supporter of conventional vaccines. But he has some concerns on the completely new mRNA and vector vaccines, which never have been applied to humans before.

Also you might check the thoughts of Prof. Sucharit Bhakti.

I am vaccinated, 2 times. But definitely I will wait and think twice before taking the next jab.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

I  just    pray for the day other countries impose on Thais resident in those countries, the same rules, restrictions and limitations  as  farangs here have to suffer from.       In my   home country   Thais,  and any other  foreign person is  entitled to  free public hospital treatment,  full citizenship  after   some two years, or alternatively,  permanent residency visa after  two years,no  restrictions  at all,,  disability and  sick benefits if  unable to work, with no  time limits as to residency,, and age pension  after qualifying  period,  ei..  after 35 years  residence  a full pension, and  pro rata  for less  time,,, and that does not mean  living in  my country  full time, extended  holidays/ visits to ones  own country does not  count as   time lost.  Of course   employment in any occupation one   chooses and is  suitable for is OK, as is    ownership of land...    I see  Thais swanning around  driving expensive   cars, owning large homes,  getting free education for their kids  , I dont blame  them individually,  but I  curse the stupidity of my government, no matter  what party their  from. As for  inoculations for the  virus, its free, and its not chinese dishwater either.

........and then you woke up.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, shdmn said:

Semi-civilized?  So must not be the US where 100 million people think Covid is fake news and refuse to get vaccinated.

For a human experiment you should have a control group anyway.  I'm guessing your in the experimental group? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:17 AM, wwest5829 said:

Costco was a give away … Meanwhile, half a world away in Chiang Mai, Thailand this American sits at age 74 with heart issues, successfully registered on the Thai website recommended by the US Consulate in Chiang Mai awaiting a first shot from the Pfizer donation of vaccines by the US.

Costco has locations in Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, Au, Iceland, Korea, even China, but might be closed, and a long way to go for a vaccine.

Costco-Pudong.jpg

The US is getting ready to approve a third dose for all people, not just high risk groups.  The planned interval for #3 will be 8-months, at least for Moderna, which is what I got here in the US.

Hey, if anyone wants shots and has the $, take a golf trip to Guam.  As a US territory, covid vaccines are free to anyone "on demand" at no charge.  That's where the Asian elite have been flying to for their jabs.  Tour organizers will even shuttle you to a pharmacy for your jabs as part of the package.