Thailand to consider extending lockdown amid warning over rising cases

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/15/2021 at 10:08 AM, ThailandRyan said:

The public seems a little frantic right now which can be seen with the mass numbers queuing to be tested

I honestly don't see the point in anyone getting tested and running the risk of being put in Covid-Jail if their not sick. I'm vaccinated (AstraZeneca), always wear my mask outside of the room, so if I don't feel sick it's not my problem.

15 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Many, of course 100 or 200,000 people are many, but that's a very small number in a country of 65 + million people. The truth is that 2/3 of the people are in favour of the "pass sanitaire". As of today, 71% of the adult population has been fully vaccinated, and 85% of the 65+ years old. The bottom line is that the freedom of a minority cannot undermine the freedom of the majority.

These demonstrators are basically a bunch of losers.

71% ? not quite but maybe in another month

5 hours ago, berrec said:

No need for extending the lockdown mesures.

Thai PM predicts current Covid crisis will be over in 2 or 3 weeks  (July 28, 2021)

PM has it all under control; no worries! 555555

Another classic quote by the PM. Can be filed in the "PM's Greatest Quotes file" right along with all those projections regarding the planned influx of tourists arriving for the ridiculous BS 'Sandbox' scheme.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Check it up for yourself. Jpeg = official data as of the 12th of August.

Le tableau de bord de la vaccination - Ministère des Solidarités et de la Santé (solidarites-sante.gouv.fr)

Vacc FR 12082021.jpg

Just did a Google search and stats vary but below is what I found 

This  Thursday 12 August 2021 (consolidated data), 45,792,392 people have been given the first dose of the vaccine in France, namely 68.20% of the population38,510,140  people have been given the second dose of vaccine, namely 57.40% of the population.

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/in-paris/articles/239732-vaccination-in-france-how-many-people-are-vaccinated-as-of-datacovid-confirmedfr/lang/en

1 hour ago, superal said:

Just did a Google search and stats vary but below is what I found 

This  Thursday 12 August 2021 (consolidated data), 45,792,392 people have been given the first dose of the vaccine in France, namely 68.20% of the population38,510,140  people have been given the second dose of vaccine, namely 57.40% of the population.

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/in-paris/articles/239732-vaccination-in-france-how-many-people-are-vaccinated-as-of-datacovid-confirmedfr/lang/en

That's for the total population. Gejohesch's figures are respectively for the entire adult population and those 65 and older.

Nearly 5 months and it has only got worse.

Keep some measures in place that do not hurt the workers and general population and go all out to vaccinate. Unless you go full lockdown with enforcement then you are just pissing in the wind!

Edited by Siamwaz

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

You need to wear a mask.

I'm sure you feel thats against your personal rights also.

Are you the 7/11 guy?

I wear a mask, no problem there. I also social distance, wash my hands and apply alcohol quite liberally, I avoid crowds, and I don't have covid, so I'm putting NOBODY at risk. I'm very healthy and I intend to stay that way by avoiding people, especially people like you. Any risk I might pose is less than miniscule. 

As far as the "7-11 guy", I have no idea what you're blabbering about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I hate to pop your idealistic bubble, such a beast as achieving full vaccination will not exist anywhere. 

Any country that succeeds in attaining a ceiling off 65%-70% vaccination rate will be blessed.

You seem to have missed the word nearly full vaccination from my post, also the UK is at 75% full and 90% partial vaccinated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

I wear a mask, no problem there. I also social distance, wash my hands and apply alcohol quite liberally, I avoid crowds, and I don't have covid, so I'm putting NOBODY at risk. I'm very healthy and I intend to stay that way by avoiding people, especially people like you. Any risk I might pose is less than miniscule. 

As far as the "7-11 guy", I have no idea what you're blabbering about.

You don't really know that you don't have Covid-19 unless you're testing yourself every day. Yes, many cases are asymptomatic and of course all cases start that way. Your mitigation measures sound very good but especially with Delta, they aren't nearly 100 percent effective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gejohesch said:

True! Like that American guy who killed his baby while on a  beach in Mexico, thinking he saved the world from a monster after hearing his wife had been vaccinated while being pregnant and believing those fantasies about vaccines being derived from alien reptilian DNA (or sthg along these lines). The <deleted> some people will swallow! How gullible people can be! Too many movies like the reptilian V-aliens have infected the minds of people.

Btw, why is it that 9 out of 10 movies with aliens landing on planet earth have them landing in the USA? Why on earth (!) never in say Kenya or Indonesia or Latvia etc etc??? It's so damn stupid when you think about it. "Final battle Los Angeles", you've got to be kidding me!

You've just taken the extreme example and tried to use it as an example of how many normal people think. Congratulations, for showing such weak logic. I don't know anyone who has killed their baby and blamed it on aliens or their wife being vaccinated, so get a grip. Why don't you step into the real world while you're at it, I think you've been watching too much sci-fi and playing too many video games, like that Warcraft game (or whatever you goth types call it).

As far as your point about the US, it is truly going to SHlT. Interestingly, now that Trump is gone none of you liberal types are chiming in and saying what a great job the current massively failing administration is doing. IMO, the country has gone to hell due to liberals and continues to do so. Yet, y'all have gone quiet all of a sudden, except for the ones like you who are continuing your bashing campaigns. For me it's hard to see how a country could ever recover form becoming the next Venezuela. But that's okay, because I have no intention of going back there, though I wonder what the impact will be on the rest of the world when the US goes down the tubes - just sayin'...

Edited by DBath

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You don't really know that you don't have Covid-19 unless you're testing yourself every day. Yes, many cases are asymptomatic and of course all cases start that way. Your mitigation measures sound very good but especially with Delta, they aren't nearly 100 percent effective.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I am going to take my chances and stay the course - for now anyway. I've never claimed to be an "anti-vaxxer" per se, I'm just not trusting of the science or anything some government or person here on TVF wants to try and force on me.

No offense, nothing personal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBath said:

Another classic quote by the PM. Can be filed in the "PM's Greatest Quotes file" right along with all those projections regarding the planned influx of tourists arriving for the ridiculous BS 'Sandbox' scheme.

Past news articles have lots of them, from the head medicine man too. One where he says "we don't want to be sitting on piles of useless vaccines when the virus possibly mutates."  Which as we all know they apologised about when they forgot how a virus will almost always behave..

• Like 1

Just now, DBath said:

I'm not going to argue with you, but I am going to take my chances and stay the course - for now anyway. I've never claimed to be an "anti-vaxxer" per se, I'm just not trusting of the science or anything some government or person here on TVF wants to try and force on me.

No offense, nothing personal.

Sorry, but the chances are you are eventually going to be infected with Covid and you will be much better off when that happens if you are vaccinated. Up to you of course. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry, but the chances are you are eventually going to be infected with Covid and you will be much better off when that happens if you are vaccinated. Up to you of course. 

You may be right and I certainly hope you're wrong. The funny thing is, nobody can tell me what are the odds, I mean what is the percent chance I will get covid if I'm super careful - which I am and I will continue to be. Does that make me inconsiderate of others, not in my opinion.

What irks me - and steels my resolve - is when people try to imply I'm not an intelligent person, because I'm "not willing to follow the science" - I say <deleted> the science, but I don't say that without taking all the proper precautions and weighing the risks. And if not taking some half-proven inoculation is not part of my plan, then I don't know what you want me to say.

Can you tell I'm fed up with people telling me what I should and shouldn't do with regard to getting 'the jab'? 

• Like 1

Just now, DBath said:

You may be right and I certainly hope you're wrong. The funny thing is, nobody can tell me what are the odds, I mean what is the percent chance I will get covid if I'm super careful - which I am and I will continue to be. Does that make me inconsiderate of others, not in my opinion.

What irks me - and steels my resolve - is when people try to imply I'm not an intelligent person, because I'm "not willing to follow the science" - I say <deleted> the science, but I don't say that without taking all the proper precautions and weighing the risks. And if not taking some half-proven inoculation is not part of my plan, then I don't know what you want me to say.

Can you tell I'm fed up with people telling me what I should and shouldn't do with regard to getting 'the jab'? 

Yes, I can tell but I still think your decision is wrong unless there is a medical reason why you can't get jabbed. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, I can tell but I still think your decision is wrong unless there is a medical reason why you can't get jabbed. 

No medical reason, other than I'm in perfect health.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, wasabi said:

The failed administration should just permanently lock it down since they have no clue how to mount a logical response to the pandemic.

They could try running Songkran 2022 celebrations again on top of their success this year NOT!  Keep the present performance up and they will have even less people  to care for. They need to go.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Everything you said here applies to a vaccinated person as well.

3 hours ago, DBath said:

I think you're smart. The science keeps changing every day. Pfizer initially reported at 95% efficacy, now down to 42% with the Delta (still COVID-19) variant. I've read the FDA would not have approved any vaccine under 50%.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, frantick said:

I think you're smart. The science keeps changing every day. Pfizer initially reported at 95% efficacy, now down to 42% with the Delta (still COVID-19) variant. I've read the FDA would not have approved any vaccine under 50%.

Fortunately we now have data that shows the while Pfizers efficacy against infection is down, it still provides slightly better protection against death than does not being vaccinate. Something on the order of 99 deaths of the unvaccinated to 1 death of those who are vaccinated.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Who needs peer reviews when there are over a billion highly trained youtube epidemiology experts around the world

Really, i did not know that, also i don't claim to be one. But going back to the subject peer reviews are meaningless and the worlds greatest scientists of the past did very well with them.

5 hours ago, chrissables said:

Really, i did not know that, also i don't claim to be one. But going back to the subject peer reviews are meaningless and the worlds greatest scientists of the past did very well with them.

You have anything to back up that statement? Seems like a convenient way to legitimize junk research intended only to support alt-right narrative.

4 hours ago, brucec64 said:

You have anything to back up that statement? Seems like a convenient way to legitimize junk research intended only to support alt-right narrative.

Really, i did not know that, also i don't claim to be one. But going back to the subject peer reviews are meaningless and the worlds greatest scientists of the past did very well with OUT them.

I missed a word out, i hope my meaning is more clear now.