Sex and Drugs and Lock and Lol - another crazy week in Thailand lockdown

rooster59

15 minutes ago, rumak said:

I actually like parts of the column....... except when he complains about people that don't see things

his way .    Good headline today.    He does have a way with words.    Wayward , some times as well.

Wayward Lad would be a good alternative name for Rooster if he is ever rumbled....Wayward Lad was one of the finest steeplechasers of the 1980's before he was put out to grass abroad ????

23 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Here in Sisaket there appears to be no vaccines. I am sure some were distributed once. For sure Sinovac.

Sorry to hear that. In Hua Hin the queue moved for the first time in weeks. Just 2000 more numbers called yesterday. No idea if that's all for a few more weeks.

I won't accept Sinovac, which has the reputation of being quite ineffective against the Delta variant. Of course, the Chinese refuse to tell us anything despite by now having much clinical evidence. That says something about the vaccine I think, eh? That country is a menace. 

Edited by Speedhump
Speeling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking prisons, and prisoner releases, I am reminded of my brother-in-law. He and 2 others were caught smuggling yaba. They each received 20 years, but the 2 others had pleaded guilty and copped 10 years. Because they where eligible for amnesties they were released after 5 years.

My brother-in-law has now been in jail for nearly 10 years with no sentence reductions so far. The family had convinced him to please guilty on the basis they could pay for a lawyer and get him off. No such luck.

• Like 1

Rooster, I agree that 'Mary Jane' should be licensed and taxed.  My introduction to MJ was in Vietnam in 1971.  The heroin abuse had been in full swing for at least two years.  In 1974, stopped using as my security clearance was Above Most Secret, U.S. Above Top Secret, and NATO use of COSMIC Top Secret.  Alcohol and the harder drugs like speed and heroin are a catastrophe.

• Like 1

I thought the headline was excellent. However I never had five hours to read the rest of it because I would have to stop for naps all along the way. It’s pretty mundane I must admit or is it just me?

• Confused 1

I really liked your writing. Thanks so much!

Actually psilocybin could be a great money maker for Thailand at some point, if people were running residential programs that utilized the mushrooms along with meditation and mindfulness exercises..

But your comment about two or three exposures being "enough" is strongly lacking in nuance. 

But thanks again. I hope to see your writing again in the near future.

Very good and interesting post. First time i read article here, but i will look for it.

Yes it may looks long. But one in a week is worth it, and such intelligent post is rare imo (everywhere).

I happen to just have read (for the 4th time) "Le comte de Monte Cristo" from Dumas, a perl, very long, very excellent. There is mention of cannabis actually, but not with much accuracy.

To fully legalize it is very obvious (i mean, even medecine says it's good, that's something... ????).

(parano-complotist mode on) except it would be a LOT of money to miss for... let's say many corrupt people in charge... And for big pharma.

Business as usual...

Psylocibe is indeed a very interesting medecine, on rare and controlled experiences. 

There are a few must see documentary about it.

Salute from Colombia guys, i have been lucky (or wise) to pick-up still-free countries since the begining of the panic (Thailand, Mexico, Colombia, in that order) and just (by chance here) in timing with the numbers of covid cases.

But i miss Thailand !!!!!!!!!! ????

Sadly it does really not look like they actually want tourism to resume anytime soon.

I am a high net-worth traveller, let me come back, pleaaaase ????(i mean like normal tourism/traveller/expat business, without all those infamous lockdown, assurance, quarantine, pre-autorisation, immigration randomness, and the so many no-go hurdles...).

That said, as a French, not been back since 10 years, i am ashamed of my country pretending to be a democraty and the country of "les droits de l'homme"... Would be hilarious if not so sad and so bad...

On 8/15/2021 at 7:02 AM, Andycoops said:

As soon as I see a headline with the initials TAT in it I automatically pass on to the next subject because of the utter tosh they spout about tourist numbers and money.

You must have had a bad dream. The title (headline) of this topic does not have TAT in it.