Three million more doses of Sinovac vaccine arrive in Thailand from China

webfact

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

There should be some anti-racism propaganda leverage here internationally if the US embassy would do it.  Of course, I'm sure that the US embassy in Bangkok is almost as good as the US embassy in Kabul in understanding its cultural setting and the ability to use it to win victory on the ground.

I am sure by now they understand that both countries like leaders that keep the majority population in dark ages.

I am sure by now they understand that both countries are prepared to fake things to gain financial aid, readily putting their hate/xenophobia aside when deemed needed, temporarily.

I am not sure how this connect directly to Sinovac donation, and the mysterious 10 million dose difference, if not delivered on paper only.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

American citizens can return to the U.S. unvaccinated. And they can return to Thailand unvaccinated.

If you plan to travel to a country other than your home country, then do your research. Worst case? You'll have to quarantine on arrival.

why would Thailand require a U.S. citizen to be quarantined if who is returning fully vaccinated.  maybe because he is still a dirty farrang vaccinated or not.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

By the same logic, Pfizer must ALSO be ineffective because Israel is calling for a booster shot when most of its population have been vaccinated.

Even the Israeli president is getting a booster shot when it is 'highly effective' as you claim.

Moderna is the best vaccine especially against the Delta strain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nowhereman said:

You are wrong. It is accepted by some countries. Here are the details: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

The problem is to get the hands on the certificate in Thailand. In my case, I was vaccinated with Sinovac and month later with AZ (working in education sector) and now after a month since my last vaccination I still didn't receive the certificate.

Thanks for the correction. Here's a link to a website that will show you what vaccines are acceptable for each country.

https://visaguide.world/news/vaccine-checker-proof-of-immunity-for-travel/

Edited by placeholder
  • Thanks 2

The 3 million doses of Sinovac is a big relief for vaccines starved Thailand. All vaccines have different effectiveness rate as they were designed for the pre Delta variants. However all vaccines will still prevent serious illness and deaths even for Delta. Trying to treat Sinovac like a geo-political football to score points in times of severe vaccine shortages are just prattle and pure malarkey. You can select not to get Sinovac but not thrash talk. 

Edited by Eric Loh
grammar correction
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nowhereman said:

You are wrong. It is accepted by some countries. Here are the details: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

The problem is to get the hands on the certificate in Thailand. In my case, I was vaccinated with Sinovac and month later with AZ (working in education sector) and now after a month since my last vaccination I still didn't receive the certificate.

You should receive your proof of vaccination printed by the vaccination centre at the same time as your second dose.

6 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

Sinovac was tried extensively in Brazil and it failed. Europe and the USA do not need this trash. They have reliable vaccines. The villages in north Thailand are being offered Sinovac only for the first dose. God only knows what they will offer us for the second dose. The government has failed to protect the people. Too many brown envelopes. They have just placed another big order for Sinovac.

This is utterly false. In fact, it has been proven to be highly successful in Brazil.

Sinovac vaccine restores a Brazilian city to near normal

Serrana saw vast improvements: Deaths fell by 95%, hospitalizations by 86% and symptomatic cases by 80%.

https://apnews.com/article/caribbean-brazil-coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-20bd94d28ac7b373d7a8f3f9c557e5b6

Like lots of people you seem to have a misunderstanding of what efficacy and effectiveness mean in regards to the Covid vaccine. They are mostly used to describe how well a vaccine works at suppressing any symptoms of Covid-19 no matter how trivial. But not about serious symptoms and mortality. As the study in Serrana showed, it provides very powerful protection against serious symptoms and death.

Granted, that this study was done before the advent of the Delta variant in Brazil. No one knows yet the level of protection provided by the Sinovac vaccine. Not epidemiologists, not virologists, and certainly not you. Studies are currently being done to determine its level of effectiveness including how well it reduces the severity of symptoms and the number of deaths.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I choose not to receive a SinoVac shot.

Can we count on you and others to take a double-shot of SinoVac?  It would certainly help reduce the supply.

Predictable mate after all your China thrash talk. Anyway, move aside so others can get their Sinovac shot in a heartbeat.  

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong word
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's because Pfizer is not as effective as initially reported  95% against infection (and not death).

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

I guess Thai people are starting to wonder why USA with its high vaccinated population are getting 100,000 - 150,000 daily new cases recently.

The most important fact is how effective is the pfizer vaccine at reducing mortality. The second most important fact is how well does it perform in lessening the severity of symptoms that require hospitalization. You know full well what the facts are.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I could be wrong but I believe there was a recent thread that Moderna is not expected until 2022.

You are correct. I read that too but also was told at a private hospital by the staff that they did not expect to see it until best case , the end of the year or first part of 2022. It sounds like the order was put in to late because hospitals had to collect the money before ordering. I walked away and went home and booked a ticket to the USA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

You should receive your proof of vaccination printed by the vaccination centre at the same time as your second dose.

Yes, I know but I was asked for my phone number and email and told that I will be contacted in the next week. Well. It's a month now since then.

Been offered Sinovac followed by AZ three times now by our local clinic, TW and family have participated but I ask how long should I wait with the 41000 other expats before capitulating? Given up on Moderna.

7 hours ago, Milrem said:

Hey you brainwashed Americans,

1) Sinovac vaccine works very good and is a registered vaccine at WHO!

2) China gave them to Thaïland as well as in tens of other countries. They didn't sell them ! And they have not yet finished to vaccine all their people!

3) In the meantime, Pfizer has increased the price of its vaccines. Whether the buying country is rich or poor, they do not give a damn!

Thank God, the USA are going to fall down soon and will stop bullying the world?

China gives you something free it is not worth much. More Sinovac ordered from China. Is there a love affair or brown envelopes?

the fact: if a foreigner expat from the typical most EU/UK/US/Canada/Japan, and plan or need to travel...SinoVac denies that to you!

Thailand i am sure aware of this, yet still trying to push for their expat SinoVac as well.

why?

most expat would even pay for the Pfeizer vaccine, if Thailand cant use up even as little as 7% of the 1.5 million donated for foreigners ( less than 50k total registered x2 shots).

with the speed they going ahead, and the speed they handled Moderna, as well, it is slim chance this year to get vaccinated, even Q1 2022 is questionable right now.

for those who feel SinoVac is their answer: go ahead!

if anything, the ongoing booster shots the government rushing now to the meds should be the scraming warning to you, but whatever. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

Brown envelopes are a major reason for buying Sinovac.  I doubt that AZ is being manufactured for no profit. Why would they want to produce a quality vaccine in demand for no profit? For sure the AZ plant in Bangkok is not operating for cost only. They are selling to neighbor countries and not meeting the needs of Thailand. The PM has asked them to stop shipping overseas.

They produce it at no profit because Oxford University invented the vaccine and did not want to profit from the worlds misery therfore made it a condition for who ever wanted to manufacture it, AZ agreed. Which is why the AZ vaccine only costs a few dollars compared to the 10's of dollars the other money grabbing pharma companies. So all the uniformed opinions spouted on these forums about money being made from this vaccine, including the ones manufactured in Thailand are nonsence.

10 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

Why does the government keep buying Sinovac from China when they can get the good vaccine from the USA? 

why, what question is that 555 .... because  “Chinese and Thais are brothers and sisters, fight on Thailand.”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DonaldBattles said:

China gives you something free it is not worth much. More Sinovac ordered from China. Is there a love affair or brown envelopes?

me thinks both but .... “Chinese and Thais are brothers and sisters, fight on Thailand.”

6 hours ago, david555 said:

So if i fly to Shiphol (The Netherlands) by Klm it is accepted ....and i can travell on to my country Belgium .....and they have to let me in on nationality status .....looks like a nice Sinovac-bypass ????

Coronavirus: those inoculated with Chinese, Russian vaccines could face travel inequality

• The US and Western Europe do not recognise Chinese-made vaccines, and Iceland also doesn’t permit entry to those with Russian jabs

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/3131169/coronavirus-those-inoculated-chinese-russian-vaccines-could-face-travel

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Coronavirus: those inoculated with Chinese, Russian vaccines could face travel inequality

• The US and Western Europe do not recognise Chinese-made vaccines, and Iceland also doesn’t permit entry to those with Russian jabs

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/3131169/coronavirus-those-inoculated-chinese-russian-vaccines-could-face-travel

And this one say's different again (or to understand in double way ????)..... oh boy i only wish by half 2022 they made up their mind about it as i fly out ????

COVID-19 & EU Travel RestrictionsEU/Schengen

EU Travel: Covishield, Sinopharm & Sinovac Vaccines Are Most Widely Accepted by EU Countries After Those Authorised by EMA

August 11, 2021

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

Ouote from article :

" This means that all travellers who have completed their vaccination with Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson jabs are considered as fully vaccinated when entering these countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland."

Edited by david555

Plenty of reports of vaccination locations running out of vaccines.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-759109

Reported vaccinations falling off the cliff...

683,832     14 Aug

284,378     15 Aug

162,511      16 Aug

AZ and Pf pretty much used up/committed.

Without SV the quiver is empty.

Shameful performance by the regime.

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Plenty of reports of vaccination locations running out of vaccines.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-759109

Reported vaccinations falling off the cliff...

683,832     14 Aug

284,378     15 Aug

162,511      16 Aug

AZ and Pf pretty much used up/committed.

Without SV the quiver is empty.

Shameful performance by the regime.

Better next time USA send them Pfizer  to their embassy straight , and inoculate on a place by themselves or else this Pfizer go disappear to unknown destination(s) once more ...