Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

17 hours ago, MrJ2U said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why won't you have Sinovac, some protection is better than no protection, isn't it?

I'm booked for Pfeizer next month and also Moderna.

Your a foreigner. Did you try to book for Pfeizer.  Also Astra Zeneca is available.

I don't want Sinovac when theres better and more effective vaccines available.

So you have appointments for both Pfizer and Moderna yet you tell people "I can't seem to find any vaccines available here in Issan and we won't take Sinovac.   Why not tell them "I'm booked for Pfizer and Moderna"?

"Your a foreigner. Did you try to book for Pfeizer.  Also Astra Zeneca is available".

Yes, I'm a foreigner, I've had one AZ jab so no need to try for Pfizer.  Why do you ask?

4 hours ago, DBath said:

Your native lingo, huh? I’m sorry, which planet did you say you’re from, again?????

I actually mis-spoke - I had forgotten that twice I had to go through a round of 14 shots, so my mother and I could go to live in Vietnam (it’s in another post on this thread - if you look hard enough, I’m sure you will find it).

Ironically, we never ended up moving to Vietnam - either time! 

Like I said earlier, but you probably missed that post, too (it’s okay, because you’re old): I was a breastfed baby, so I’m pretty sure that had more to do with me being healthy my entire life than any injection I’ve taken. 

erm..... Or it had more to do with the fact that you were vaccinated and grew up in a community where the vast majority of everyone was also vaccinated. 

As a general rule Doctors do not advise mothers that breast feeding offers their children protection against Hepatitis, Measles, Mumps, Diptheria, Typoid, Meningitis, Polio and more... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you have appointments for both Pfizer and Moderna yet you tell people "I can't seem to find any vaccines available here in Issan and we won't take Sinovac.   Why not tell them "I'm booked for Pfizer and Moderna"?

"Your a foreigner. Did you try to book for Pfeizer.  Also Astra Zeneca is available".

Yes, I'm a foreigner, I've had one AZ jab so no need to try for Pfizer.  Why do you ask?

Actually, studies are showing that if you have had AZ a follow up with Pfizer is more effective than a second AZ shot. 

IF I was ‘in that boat’ I’d be searching for an opportunity to follow up with Pfizer, but if not available, I’d be happy with AZ as a second shot. I’d definitely be looking for an mRNA booster shot. 

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm booked but my wife and other people in the village don't have that option.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:11 AM, BritManToo said:

Someone forced to use an unapproved vaccine by their company could claim a lot of compensation it they suffered damaging side effects.

It would be illegal for any company to require any employee to be inoculated with an unapproved vaccine. Fortunately none are doing that because several have been approved. Do you have any evidence to support your contention?

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 1:04 AM, Yellowtail said:

I assume it's not worthy of a response because you have no response. 

You want to say it's okay to terminate people that don't want to get vaccinated, but it's not okay to terminate people that don't want to eat pork. 

How about not hiring or only hiring people with tattoos?  

Is eating pork a contagious disease? Are tattoos contagious? Your point is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 7:36 PM, Yellowtail said:

Do you consider being compelled to be vaccinated to return to work being forced or not?

No, it is a matter of choice and consequences.

You have freedom of choice and you have to accept the consequences.

Adult life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:59 PM, BritManToo said:

I claim to have had Mumps, Measles, Chickenpox ...... but was never tested either.

Had the flu, colds, clap, had BPH all diagnosed by doctors that never tested me.

Damn those doctors for not testing me, seems I've never been ill at all.

Edited by cdemundo
never mind
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Actually, studies are showing that if you have had AZ a follow up with Pfizer is more effective than a second AZ shot. 

IF I was ‘in that boat’ I’d be searching for an opportunity to follow up with Pfizer, but if not available, I’d be happy with AZ as a second shot. I’d definitely be looking for an mRNA booster shot. 

Were the studies sponsored by Pfizer? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Were the studies sponsored by Pfizer? 

You know, it's actually possible to look this stuff up. It took me less than a minute to come up with this:

Mixed AstraZeneca-Pfizer Vaccine Boosts Covid Antibody Levels, Korea Study Finds

A new study out of South Korea found that taking an AstraZeneca vaccine shot followed by a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine shot boosted Covid-19 antibody levels six times more than receiving two Astra-Zeneca doses, as some governments around the world are giving the green light to mix Covid-19 vaccine shots for extra protection against the virus.

The study was conducted by the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and it took a look at the effects of mixing certain vaccine doses and vaccine efficacy against coronavirus variants Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta, as first reported by Reuters.

About 499 medical workers took part in the study, with about 200 workers receiving two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, 200 workers receiving two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 100 workers receiving mixed doses of both the vaccines.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleespeakman/2021/07/26/mixed-astra-zeneca-pfizer-vaccine-boosts-covid-antibody-levels-korea-study-finds/?sh=264479bd12a8

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You know, it's actually possible to look this stuff up. It took me less than a minute to come up with this:

Mixed AstraZeneca-Pfizer Vaccine Boosts Covid Antibody Levels, Korea Study Finds

A new study out of South Korea found that taking an AstraZeneca vaccine shot followed by a Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine shot boosted Covid-19 antibody levels six times more than receiving two Astra-Zeneca doses, as some governments around the world are giving the green light to mix Covid-19 vaccine shots for extra protection against the virus.

The study was conducted by the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency, and it took a look at the effects of mixing certain vaccine doses and vaccine efficacy against coronavirus variants Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta, as first reported by Reuters.

About 499 medical workers took part in the study, with about 200 workers receiving two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, 200 workers receiving two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 100 workers receiving mixed doses of both the vaccines.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberleespeakman/2021/07/26/mixed-astra-zeneca-pfizer-vaccine-boosts-covid-antibody-levels-korea-study-finds/?sh=264479bd12a8

That's not a study and says nothing about who funded it, unless you assume it's the South Korean government. 

In any event, it just looks like if the second shot is Pfizer. it just brings the efficacy up to where it would be if you had to Pfizer shots.

Pfizer.PNG.e5ba226ec136ef239518a4651218ecc1.PNG

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's not a study and says nothing about who funded it, unless you assume it's the South Korean government. 

In any event, it just looks like if the second shot is Pfizer. it just brings the efficacy up to where it would be if you had to Pfizer shots.

Pfizer.PNG.e5ba226ec136ef239518a4651218ecc1.PNG

Just a case of double deflection.

It's not a study? What was it then? Why would anyone think it was even a remote possibility that an agency of the Korean govt would be acting under the influence of Pfizer? Do you have any evidence to support such a  contention? Unless Big Phara Bad is your idea of evidence.  You tried to cast doubt on the study and failed.

The claim you originally questioned said quite clearly that a dose of AZ followed by Pfizer would be the equivalent of 2 doses of Pfizer. So what's your point in affirming that?  You're the one who doubted it in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just a case of double deflection.

It's not a study? What was it then? Why would anyone think it was even a remote possibility that an agency of the Korean govt would be acting under the influence of Pfizer? Do you have any evidence to support such a  contention? Unless Big Phara Bad is your idea of evidence.  You tried to cast doubt on the study and failed.

The claim you originally questioned said quite clearly that a dose of AZ followed by Pfizer would be the equivalent of 2 doses of Pfizer. So what's your point in affirming that?  You're the one who doubted it in the first place.

I wasn't questioning the claim, I have no reason to believe it's not true, but the claim I was responding to was not that having one dose of AZ followed by one dose of Pfizer was the equivalent of of two doses of Pfizer, but rather that after having a first dose of AV, having the second dose be Pfizer rather than AV was more effective.

I can't speak to  Korea, but do you have any idea how much funding big pharma provides the USFDA to perform their studies? 

Do you think the government just decides what drugs to study on their own without some company promoting and funding it? 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I wasn't questioning the claim, I have no reason to believe it's not true, but the claim I was responding to was not that having one dose of AZ followed by one dose of Pfizer was the equivalent of of two doses of Pfizer, but rather that after having a first dose of AV, having the second dose be Pfizer rather than AV was more effective.

I can't speak to  Korea, but do you have any idea how much funding big pharma provides the USFDA to perform their studies? 

Do you think the government just decides what drugs to study on their own without some company promoting and funding it? 

I suspect the FDA examines candidate vaccines based on need and availability.

But then I also note that up until a few days ago the complaint was the FDA has not approved any of the vaccines, this has now flipped (post FDA Pfizer approval) to ‘don’t trust the FDA/Government/Big Pharma’.

On the upside perhaps this might lead to some more folk supporting the calls by some politicians to repeal ‘Citizens United’ and get Corporate money out of politics - apart that is for the fact that the politicians fighting corporate buying of politicians are the same ones telling you to wear a mask and get the vaccine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect the FDA examines candidate vaccines based on need and availability.

But then I also note that up until a few days ago the complaint was the FDA has not approved any of the vaccines, this has now flipped (post FDA Pfizer approval) to ‘don’t trust the FDA/Government/Big Pharma’.

On the upside perhaps this might lead to some more folk supporting the calls by some politicians to repeal ‘Citizens United’ and get Corporate money out of politics - apart that is for the fact that the politicians fighting corporate buying of politicians are the same ones telling you to wear a mask and get the vaccine.

You guys crack me up. Absolutely, let's get all corporate money out of politics. I'm all for defunding the left. 

I trust and in fact love big pharma. They've saved my life twice, my wife's life once and my son's life once.

I also trust the vaccinations. I had the first Pfizer shot in Bangkok and will get the second in two weeks.

You? 

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You guys crack me up. Absolutely, let's get all corporate money out of politics. I'm all for defunding the left. 

I trust and in fact love big pharma. They've saved my life twice, my wife's life once and my son's life once.

I also trust the vaccinations. I had the first Pfizer shot in Bangkok and will get the second in two weeks.

You? 

Second shot next week, I posted my experience of my first.

I’ve worked for two Pharmaceutical companies, I broadly trust the regulation of Big Pharma, the individual businesses themselves? No, I would not trust them but for the existence of rigorous regulation of their products.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You? 

What kind of Vaccination documents were you given? 

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Second shot next week, I posted my experience of my first.

I’ve worked for two Pharmaceutical companies, I broadly trust the regulation of Big Pharma, the individual businesses themselves? No, I would not trust them but for the existence of rigorous regulation of their products.

I won't speak to the rest of the world, but I have much more faith in the effectiveness of liability laws in the US than I do in government regulations. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I much prefer an ounce of prevention over a pound of cure.

Isn't the threat of litigation prevention

I retired from a Fortune 200 company with operations all over the world and our HSE regulations exceeded government regulations everywhere, far exceeded in most cases. 

I get it, you think the government knows best and you want more of it.

I don't. I trust Pfizer (and the private sector in general) more than I trust the government because I know people in the private sector are occasionally held accountable. People in the government? Not so much. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

What do you mean? I have a paper with an appointment to go back for the second shot.

I mean what kind of official document is given after first shot or is it after second shot you get your official paperwork that you could use if you leave Thailand and reenter under the sandbox entry. Some sort of official vaccination card.

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Isn't the threat of litigation prevention

I retired from a Fortune 200 company with operations all over the world and our HSE regulations exceeded government regulations everywhere, far exceeded in most cases. 

I get it, you think the government knows best and you want more of it.

I don't. I trust Pfizer (and the private sector in general) more than I trust the government because I know people in the private sector are occasionally held accountable. People in the government? Not so much. 

The threat of litigation is not prevention.

It’s a threat that very often doesn’t materialize into any meaningful consequence.

54 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I mean what kind of official document is given after first shot or is it after second shot you get your official paperwork that you could use if you leave Thailand and reenter under the sandbox entry. Some sort of official vaccination card.

I would not  know about that. The paperwork I have so far shows that I've had the vaccination adn includes the lot number, the serial number, the expiration date and my appointment.

I also took a picture of the label on the vile. 

I usually visit the US in June, I missed that and I'm not planning on leaving now until everything is opened up. 

• Like 1