Corruption watchdog asked to investigate Pfizer vaccinations at Bhumibol Hospital

snoop1130

16 hours ago, UTH001 said:

Curious to hear whether anyone actually got an appointment to get Pfizer via the expatvac site (and the shot!)? Initially, there was a discussion that appointments would be rolled out after August 10? Surely, 150,000 'reserved' doses cannot just disappear, even in Thailand?

I did, today in Sri Racha, go back 7th September for second Pfizer jab. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UTH001 said:

Curious to hear whether anyone actually got an appointment to get Pfizer via the expatvac site (and the shot!)? Initially, there was a discussion that appointments would be rolled out after August 10? Surely, 150,000 'reserved' doses cannot just disappear, even in Thailand?

Samithivej Hospital Siracha rang yesterday and said come in for a Pfizer jab at 11.00 today. I said I was already booked for AZ at BPH tommorow so declined. I think the Pfizer must be expiring. As back up tried BPH new web site for Sept jabs where AZ and Sinovac offered but they were oversubscribed and wouldn't accept my submission as I already had an appointment. Sincerely hope they don't run out tommorow as so far I have turned down 5 other Bangkok appointments in favour of BPH. If they come good I will take my custom from PM Hospital to BPH as PM have failed to get any Vaccines for me and don't seem inclined to try (staff uncooperative when queried on why they hadn't organised a jab for me despite many reminders) I have been with PM for 8 yrs but they have let me down on Vaccines and previously on sepsis. Don't like BPH as they are a money making machine but if they come up trump's on Vaccines I have no choice!

Keep believing, it's happening. I live in Bangkok and got first jab of Pfizer yesterday. Arm still hurts!

This appt came from a call from the hospital last week to say they can now offer me vaccine. I am a patient of theirs and had my name on their list for two months. A bit strange, a couple hours after my jab yesterday I got two different emails from MFA/expatvac@consular, both coming to my gmail acct (maybe from registering on expatvac site two weeks ago as [email protected] and [email protected]) giving details of appt for this coming Thursday, at the same hospital that I got my jab yesterday. So maybe the hospital knew my name was coming and since my name was already on their list and I am a patient of theirs they offered early. 

More good news is they give a 13 digit ID which can be used to create a More Prom account which contains jab details, next appt. And most importantly this looks to be where we will have our vaccine certificate which will be crucial for future travel. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

be vigilant, apply on all available websites.

i have so far for myself and friends been accepted for  Medpark 1 x Az,   Phyathai2 2 x pfizer, 2 x AZ,( jabs all received) BHP 1x AZ, all via thailandintervac, waiting for appointments at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital Pfizer(again via thailandintervac),  BCCT ( british chamber of commerce) AZ at unknown hospital in  Pattaya

not being flash but just to show it is possible to gets jabs, esp if you don't mind travelling to Bangkok

Any side effects after receiving 27 jabs? 

If that's true, then that's the highest level of disgusting.

According to the authorities in China (2016), light penalties were imposed in 200,000 corruption cases and 82,000 corruption offenses resulted in severe penalties. Corruption in China can be punished with the death penalty and life imprisonment.

Nothing happens to corrupt officials here.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Got my appointment for 17th August.

But the confirmation from expatvac stays clearly, that you can not choose.

may be you got another confirmation.

Appointment for your FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccination.

Venue: Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital Bangkok
Date: August 19, 2021.
Time: 08.00-11.00 hrs and 13.00-15.00 hrs

Required documents:
1. Passport
2. Appointment confirmation sms/email
3. Official proof of diagnosis of specified underlying medical conditions in case (if applicable)

NOTE: Please DO NOT reply to this auto-generated email. Please read the following information carefully.

This email is in response to your Vaccination registration at the online platform

This is to inform you that the Department of Disease Control has allocated the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine for your inoculation on 19 August 2021 between 08.00-11.00 hts. and 13.00 -15.00 hrs at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital Bangkok, Building 1, 2nd floor

We strongly recommend that you try to come on the appointment date as doses of vaccines are limited.

Please note that the type of vaccine you receive will be determined by the vaccination site based on vaccine allocation and availability at the time.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
This is an automated message, please do not reply.

another friend received his jab there last friday the 13th, Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi has a link for AZ, but once on the page pfizer is also shown as an option

I also got my 1st jab on the same day as your friend Friday the 13th August at this Hospital above at 3 pm. was not offered Pfizer only AZ given I was told after not b4 I had been given the jab that if I had not gone in that day but came the next Monday the 16th Pfizer would then have been given to me. Unlucky me but AK is better than the other stuff from China. Maybe in 12 weeks when I go for my 2nd jab they my offer me Pfizer, I am not sure if they safely mix and match those 2???

Edited by whiteman

On 8/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, Gottfrid said:

Ok, that´s good news. I assume that is under the Expatvac-program or have they registered elsewhere? I just question because I know a lot of foreigners over 60 with many underlying problems that have registered but without answer.

After that, I apologize deeply for not being as informed as you are. No Sir, no more questions.

They are all over 60.  I know at least one of them has diabetes but not sure about the others. I don't know how they got registered but I will ask.  I believe they had to go to Bangkok Hospital to get it.  I also know of some guys getting AstraZeneca shots at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Edited by shdmn

22 hours ago, steve187 said:

be vigilant, apply on all available websites.

i have so far for myself and friends been accepted for  Medpark 1 x Az,   Phyathai2 2 x pfizer, 2 x AZ,( jabs all received) BHP 1x AZ, all via thailandintervac, waiting for appointments at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital Pfizer(again via thailandintervac),  BCCT ( british chamber of commerce) AZ at unknown hospital in  Pattaya

not being flash but just to show it is possible to gets jabs, esp if you don't mind travelling to Bangkok

I too have enrolled on 'intervac' 3 or 4 weeks back + BCCT.  It appears that early registration sends you to the bottom of the list.  I do mind travelling to the epicentre of the pandemic and joining the milling crowds (many who paid illicitly thro a corrupt internet hack).

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I too have enrolled on 'intervac' 3 or 4 weeks back + BCCT.  It appears that early registration sends you to the bottom of the list.  I do mind travelling to the epicentre of the pandemic and joining the milling crowds (many who paid illicitly thro a corrupt internet hack).

i have been to phyathai 2 had a jab of AZ, and medpark friend had a jab of pfizer, both are well organised, and not overly crowded, have you completed the form for samitivej sri-racha, seems to be still available showing sino, AZ and pfizer

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steve187 said:

i have been to phyathai 2 had a jab of AZ, and medpark friend had a jab of pfizer, both are well organised, and not overly crowded, have you completed the form for samitivej sri-racha, seems to be still available showing sino, AZ and pfizer

I'm in at Bangkok/Pattaya since my moan yesterday; thanks for your help.

• Like 1