Short on vaccines, Thailand seeks to borrow from Bhutan

snoop1130

thai have already 100s million dose vaccine when i read all the enws

but thats special vaccine

it comes from the most holy  budhist country in the world

maybe it was for  praying in the temples there and monks make the vaccine holy

and will be reserved for  the monks in thailand

15 hours ago, drenddy said:

Let me get this straight...Thailand, second largest economy in SEA, proud country, never conquered by dirty farangs, local manufacturer of AZ, begs one of the poorest country in the world for some AZ vaccines....

Not even BoJo begging Ursula to get him back in the EU is more shameful...

"never conquered by dirty farangs" : which by the way is a myth. Siam had to "pay" Britain to "protect" it against France and lost huge parts of its territories in the process, both to France and to Britain.

9 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I hope they have the second vaccine shot for me on the 27th of this month TiT

This for me is the key Risk for critical failure. The 2nd doses will need to ramp up to match the 1st Dose numbers in 4/5 weeks time (Is 2nd Dose 16 weeks?). They either have the supplies in storage or expect supplies to be in place to match the 1st Dose weekly figures. Big big Risk.

Having to beg from Peter (Bhutan) to pay Paul at this early stage is a huge Red flag for me. Time will tell of course.

Lets say they do have supply in storage / expected supplies to match requirements (big IF), there will be a significantly reduced 1st Dose weekly figures delivered during this next 16 week cycle. So crunching the numbers, the fortunate 20+% of people who have received their 1st Dose / awaiting 2nd Dose & the 12% or so (in a few weeks) who have been fully vaccinated will be happy but nervous about supplies.

The other c. 70% of the population will soon realise that they are several months away from even getting a 1st Dose (unless extremely fortunate) as whatever supply which is available switches to cover the 2nd Doses. This reality will hit in 6 weeks or so when the 1st Dose numbers drop like a stone. What then? Interesting times.....

Slightly off topic, but was waiting for a return flight from Isaan to DMK...think it was Thai airways,  but low and behold in rolls a Royal  Bhutan A320. We made it ok.

Guess it was borrowed or wet leased. 

Made me wonder why in earth they had to do that ???

9 hours ago, inThailand said:

So the countless times they said they purchased more vaccines were just big porkies?  What a surprise. 

Well they purchased future supplies, after the supplying companies fulfilled the pre-existing contracts with other countries.

Your order has been noted,   

Your order will be dispatched when supplies become available.

Take your ticket , payment in advance thank-you ( we are sus about your credit rating) join the queue, wait for the delivery.

We will notify you three days in advance of dispatch.

So no not porkies really.

Edited by RJRS1301

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

And still you people do not understand that decisions made in the past on supply of AZ to 

which country & when had nothing to do with the present Government.

The final decisions had their origins way above them when it looked like Thailand had dodged the bullet

Since discussing that would involve forbidden subjects "we people" wisely stay away from it so get off your high horse, "genius".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Since when is Bhutan one of the poorest countries in the world?

with $2500 gdp per heat is 120 out of all countries.

Thailand use to pretend to G20, I think she never made it that high, by was close. Probably it was some times ago, before junta

Edited by internationalism

6 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Since when is Bhutan one of the poorest countries in the world?

True, at $3122 it's doing better than India ($1900) and Bangladesh ($1968). Thailand is $7189 as of 2020 (GDP per capita - World Bank).

5 hours ago, Midwit said:

The biggest problem is that the goal of 100% vaccines is not vital. There is very little benefit to jabbing an 18 year old. 100% of people over 70 should have the shot. After that 100% of anyone over 60 or with sever health issues. After that open it up to anyone that wants it and let’s get back to life. 

CE6000C9-2302-477E-9F27-DBE76327D4BF.png

This is no longer true. Delta has completely changed the picture. We now know that young people can suffer, even die, or get Long Covid. The other problem is that the young can infect some elders whose immunity is not strong in spite of having been vaccinated.

I visited Bhutan 3 times and do not remember seeing a hospital. That's a big difference with Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Posts that contained content that was copied from some sites have been removed. If the members are not able or unwilling to provide a link to the source of information, please do not post:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, Tarteso said:

... And the rest of civilized countries looking for the third dose, while these useless ones are unable to even manage the control of the first dose with 7% of the population vaccinated.  Incapable of handling international relations with that arrogance and airs of superiority that define them ... These puppets must be very desperate. ; What a shame of men!!

As someone wrote above; without Plan, Programs and No leaderships.

While this old dirty falang who is writing this words, has not received vaccination yet.

Yeah I'm still waiting for my appointment 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gejohesch said:

"never conquered by dirty farangs" : which by the way is a myth. Siam had to "pay" Britain to "protect" it against France and lost huge parts of its territories in the process, both to France and to Britain.

That explains driving on the wrong side of the road ????

• Haha 1