THG is taking Moderna reservations again.

rwill

This is to show interest in Moderna for the 1st quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2565 (2022); it's not for their recent Oct-Dec 2021 first offering.  

Although I got my 1st jab of AstraZeneca in late June and my 2nd jab of AstraZeneca is scheduled for late September (both jabs provided free by Thai govt) I still submitted to THG I was interested in their 1st quarter 2022 Moderna offering (if it materializes).   

Since I had submitted my interest in May 2021 during their 1st Moderna offering but never paid because I got AstraZeneca instead in late June, when you start the form for the 2nd Moderna offering you earlier info is already completed (i.e., name, passport number, date of birth, etc)....you just complete a few more basic things like if you have one of key medical conditions/obese, and then hit submit.   

And then just like the first time you get confirmation of submission and a queue number.  My queue number was 2,26X,XXX....yeap, way over 2 million.  Ditto for the wife's submission.  No payment required at this time...this is just to show interest.   I'm assuming that queue number also includes all the people who expressed interest in THG 1st offering also and not just 2nd offering folks.   

As mentioned earlier, I've already got jab 1 of AstraZeneca and jab 2 scheduled for late September.  However, I may be interested in getting some Moderna jab(s) in early 2022 as that would be 3-6 months after completing all the jabs of another vaccine (i.e, AstraZeneca).   Get Moderna as a "booster" shot/3rd jab--only get one of the two jabs......or maybe just get both Moderna jabs.  Get two complete COVID vaccines into my body....see if I grow tail or third eye from one or both vaccines.

P.S.  The wife and I happened to be at a THG hospital today...the wife had an appt for an annual check.  We asked a "doctor" if THG plans to offer Moderna next year......and the doctor's answer was it's still undecided.   Now I would "not" expect this doctor to know more than what THG tells its employees.  I expect THG is just testing the waters regarding a 2nd offering of Moderna....heck, unless the govt orders it for them like the govt reluctantly did for the first offering, a 2nd offering may never actually materialize.  But I do expect alternate vaccines like Moderna, Pfizer, and others to more easily available in 2022 once vaccine manufacturers clear-out BIG 2021 backorders and still want to continue selling their vaccine to anyone and everyone....start advertising "booster" jabs....and government surely become more supportive in obtaining vaccines any way possible.

Edited by Pib

I think quite a few other hospitals have begun assembling buyers for a second tranche of Moderna.

Seen reports here, and on FB. I've been marketed to by at least two hospitals (not THG) on LINE in the past few days.

One assumes this is being led by the TPHA.

The first tranche was a rip-roaring success; most hospitals plan to start communicating appoint dates in October as of this week.

Having a private-paid vaccine solution is win-win-win. More people vaccinated sooner, more free vaccines for those who need them, government saves money.

Why the regime blocked this effort for 6+ months is beyond crazy; but they didn't want to be made to look bad, as if that requires any effort.

• Like 1

Below is a Google translated news piece talking the THG 2nd offering of Moderna for 1st quarter 2022.  Registration runs 17-20 Aug 2021....price per jab Bt1,650.   I expect all/many Thailand "private" hospitals composing the The Private Hospital Association (TPHA) are doing the same.  

https://thestandard.co/thg-reserve-moderna-vaccine-for-the-q1-2565/

Thonburi Healthcare Group has opened reservations for the Moderna vaccine for the 1st quarter of 2022. The price of the vaccine is 1,650 baht / needle. Registration is 17-20 Aug. This is it.

Thonburi Healthcare Group Public Company Limited has opened registration for those who are interested in the Moderna vaccine in the first quarter of 2022, which is expected to receive the vaccine from January to March 2022. The price of the vaccine is 1,650 baht / injection, including nursing fees. hospital service fee and the cost of vaccination insurance (Does not include doctor's fee in case of having to be assessed and approved by a doctor before receiving the service The doctor's fee depends on the rate of each hospital)

by Thonburi Group Healthcare has operated services with 18 network hospitals across the country.

For those who are interested, you can register via Line: @thginfo or add friends via Link: https://lin.ee/sIF8kHP From Tuesday, August 17 at 9:00 a.m. to Friday, August 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.

Edited by Pib

The Sukumvit Hospital began inviting applications on Tuesday (17th Aug) for registration for doses from the delivery due in the first quarter of next year.

However, it is with the proviso that the applicants be patients of their's and they also state that supplies were limited.

Just received this email:-

MedPark Hospital has opened its 2nd round of MODERNA vaccine reservation: 2 doses at 3,300 THB

This round of MODERNA vaccine is expected to arrive within Q1-Q2 of 2022. 

Registration process:

1. Register at https://medpark.hospital/ModernaVaccineEN
2. Within 24 hours after registration, a payment link will be sent to your specified email.
3. Please complete payment within August 20, 2021. Only credit or debit cards are accepted.
4. If payment is not made through the link by August 20, 2021, your reservation will be automatically cancelled.
5. Once reservation and payment is completed, a confirmation email with reservation code will be sent to your email by August 31, 2021.

For any inquiries regarding the MODERNA vaccine, please contact our Vaccine Call Center:
02-0903170, 02-0903172, 02-0903172
Everyday 8 AM - 8 PM

Thank you and stay safe,
MedPark Team

I expect over the coming week or two we'll start seeing news articles the private hospitals want the govt GPO to order another X-million doses of Moderna on the hospitals' behalf due to high customer desire (interest)....and since the first order of 5 million Moderna doses was not enough.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The first tranche was a rip-roaring success; most hospitals plan to start communicating appoint dates in October as of this week.

Are you assuming or have you seen something semi-official?  I'm signed up for the first Moderna tranche but all I'm told it is it is on order and will be here as originally scheduled.

If it is near October, I might skip my second AZ shot in September.