Class action suit filed by massage parlours, spas seeking compensation for lockdown losses

webfact

" have been closed since last year"

there was a closure at the very end of the last year, just around xmass, with the 2nd wave. Lasted only a few weeks. Still, in some places outside bangkok, like hua hin and the other touristy places, they were carrying on.

For the most of the last year they were able to function.

This year they closed just before sonkran, till June. Than only foot massage. Than total ban in July, with the 4rth wave. That one probably will be the longest, to the end of this year.

Still, they can operate as call outs. If they haven't operated that way earlier on, before the covid, they had time to develop it since.

The second issue is price - very few dropped prices substantially, very few do special offers, loyalty cards, payment in advance for golden packages and many other marketing techniques, as if they didn't bother.

I have put adverts on fb massage groups, stating my price for a full day work. Nobody ever replied.

Even when it was known before songkran, that they will be shut, I have offered a deal, blankly refused.

Most of them don't have any marketing drive and common sense  Probably same goes for many other businesses

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, internationalism said:

" have been closed since last year"

there was a closure at the very end of the last year, just around xmass, with the 2nd wave. Lasted only a few weeks. Still, in some places outside bangkok, like hua hin and the other touristy places, they were carrying on.

For the most of the last year they were able to function.

This year they closed just before sonkran, till June. Than only foot massage. Than total ban in July, with the 4rth wave. That one probably will be the longest, to the end of this year.

Still, they can operate as call outs. If they haven't operated that way earlier on, before the covid, they had time to develop it since.

The second issue is price - very few dropped prices substantially, very few do special offers, loyalty cards, payment in advance for golden packages and many other marketing techniques, as if they didn't bother.

I have put adverts on fb massage groups, stating my price for a full day work. Nobody ever replied.

Even when it was known before songkran, that they will be shut, I have offered a deal, blankly refused.

Most of them don't have any marketing drive and common sense  Probably same goes for many other businesses

You just want it cheaper.. not sure why cheapskates like you want them to work even cheaper. Masssages are cheap already. As for loyalty cards, seen them in BKK for massages even in my out of the way place where i lived before they had them.

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

You just want it cheaper.. not sure why cheapskates like you want them to work even cheaper. Masssages are cheap already. As for loyalty cards, seen them in BKK for massages even in my out of the way place where i lived before they had them.

I don't remember now why I have put you on ignore list a very long time ago.

Probably for some other nonsense personal replies.

Yes, at times of crises, I do expect prices of services to fall and I always shop around for special deals before covid.

Because I do have many h massage every day and because I am also paying for that many h of treatments for my wife, so money do matter. 

Still, I am spending up to 900b per day plus generous tips as much as that, if service is worth.

Please don't bother to reply, as I don't have pleasure dealing with your character 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Dont see why they should be singled out. Many many businesses have suffered, their only source of income removed and there is no "welfare" here. People need to feed families and pay their bills.

Its a concern the overall effect this is going to have, no income, job losses, nothing getting or being paid ? Its going to all CRASH ! If something isnt done.

The government can't afford paying the people unless it slashes its army budget or increases loans. Its not going to happen unfortunately. Where i come from the government did help its people with money but then again we pay a lot of tax over there.

• Like 1

Am I missing something or is even going to "legit" massage at this time just a refined form of Russian roulette? The woman who was living with me for a full year till I decamped to CA in July is a long time shop friend, and even in the lulls between waves she did not want to go into her old shop even when the manager begged her (she's been the back-up manager), because there was always at least one stupid woman there who was careless who she was around and would not wear a mask. And bringing it home would be a problem for her mild ATM (me).

I've now had one AZ and two Pfizer, and though massage in LOS has always been a main attraction, I think even if the numbers were to drop, I don't think I will be able to bring myself to start that again for a very long time--if I can or want to come back.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Rents halved, many professional services offering cheaper rates, why should not massage be cheaper?

Have you tried contacting one of them on internet? Let me tell you how i it goes.

Massage in shop, using their towels, their oils and everything else is 100-200 baht. staff gets 40% ie 40 baht

On line, she wants 500 baht, why? because she has no money? So you think charging 5 times more than a shop will get a customer?

Does not stop there, you want happy ending, she wants 2000, why? because she does not have any money or customers, so she thinks charging DOUBLE pre covid price will get her some?

In my building have a couple of young hookers, 20-21 year olds, they charge 800-1000, they are out every single day and night seeing customers, they have no problem with money at all.

Also have a couple of old ones, early 40's, these ones think their vagina is made out of gold and would not move their <deleted> for less than 1500, they in the room 24/7 crying about not having money or customers.

Young ones on internet chatting up guys posting pics showing their backsides. old ones have a philosophy  , who wants me they can contact me, cannot be bothered

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, BestB said:

Rents halved, many professional services offering cheaper rates, why should not massage be cheaper?

Have you tried contacting one of them on internet? Let me tell you how i it goes.

Massage in shop, using their towels, their oils and everything else is 100-200 baht. staff gets 40% ie 40 baht

On line, she wants 500 baht, why? because she has no money? So you think charging 5 times more than a shop will get a customer?

Does not stop there, you want happy ending, she wants 2000, why? because she does not have any money or customers, so she thinks charging DOUBLE pre covid price will get her some?

In my building have a couple of young hookers, 20-21 year olds, they charge 800-1000, they are out every single day and night seeing customers, they have no problem with money at all.

Also have a couple of old ones, early 40's, these ones think their vagina is made out of gold and would not move their <deleted> for less than 1500, they in the room 24/7 crying about not having money or customers.

Young ones on internet chatting up guys posting pics showing their backsides. old ones have a philosophy  , who wants me they can contact me, cannot be bothered

Rents have not halved for all shops and many have been closed while paying rent. I am not talking about the ones you can order online or prostitution. I have no clue about that as i don't need those services. You seem to know everything about that even the prices of the ladies in your building.

I was talking about prices in open massage shops, why should these be lower all of a sudden ?

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Rents have not halved for all shops and many have been closed while paying rent. I am not talking about the ones you can order online or prostitution. I have no clue about that as i don't need those services. You seem to know everything about that even the prices of the ladies in your building.

I was talking about prices in open massage shops, why should these be lower all of a sudden ?

Are you that naïve or totally clueless not to know what happens in open massage shops?

How old are you ? 5?

Just love the sanctimonious types on thaivisa????????????

And yes, rents have halved, just because your landlord did not half yours, it does not mean rents have not and shops closed, not because their rents were not halved but because even with half a rent, still need customers to pay that half

Edited by BestB

We are all in the same boat. My wife has a bar in Bangers that has taken nothing since January 2

not to mention the previous closure.

Rent still has to be paid. I think if cannot open by 01 Feb 2022 will get her just to walk away from the lease.

Government aid for her & staff, not unless Government is my new name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

I've now had one AZ and two Pfizer, and though massage in LOS has always been a main attraction, I think even if the numbers were to drop, I don't think I will be able to bring myself to start that again for a very long time-

If you're fully vaccinated why would you not go. What are you waiting for a 4th vaccination. 

Genuinely curious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Speaking on behalf of the operators, Ms. Aksika said that many massage parlours and spas have been closed since last year and have not been compensated or assisted financially by the government, despite repeated promises of financial help, such as soft loans

The worms are turning.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Are you that naïve or totally clueless not to know what happens in open massage shops?

How old are you ? 5?

Just love the sanctimonious types on thaivisa????????????

And yes, rents have halved, just because your landlord did not half yours, it does not mean rents have not and shops closed, not because their rents were not halved but because even with half a rent, still need customers to pay that half

Of course i know what you CAN do in a massage shop, but not everyone goes there for a happy ending. 

So you know for certain all rents have halved.. sure.

Anyway why would they give discounts when they can barely survive. Seems illogical to me to start a bidding war for customers and not gaining any money.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Of course i know what you CAN do in a massage shop, but not everyone goes there for a happy ending. 

So you know for certain all rents have halved.. sure.

Anyway why would they give discounts when they can barely survive. Seems illogical to me to start a bidding war for customers and not gaining any money.

Yes most have reduced rent including residential, these days can get a condo for 4000 baht a month that normally rents for 9000-10000.

They give discount to have customers, just like they lost income, so did others, very simple logic, so if others also make less, then they can pay less. and if you hardly surviving then you do promotions, not increase the price. 

Notice how businesses that go out of business, do closing down prices? ie cheap prices? not double the price because they are going out of business.

10 hours ago, elcaro said:

If you're fully vaccinated why would you not go. What are you waiting for a 4th vaccination. 

Genuinely curious.

Because if there is still a 5% or 10% chance of catching even a very mild case of COVID, at 81 it still sounds like Russian roulette. There is a lot in the news about people catching the virus after vaccination. But I admit another part of me believes we all have to catch it eventually and except for the possibility of giving it to someone I care about I might just follow that thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think all the "Uncles", "Brothers", "Cousins" and "Friends" up in Issan should also file a case because of all the money they are losing from their Go Go and Bar GFs, who are not bringing home the easy "Coin" they use to get from the lonely souls in Pattaya, BKK, Europe, Asia and America.   5555555