Foreigners in Thailand vaxxed so far: Brits, French and Americans make top ten - just!

webfact

9. French 5,936 1.7%

Is that percentage vaccinated by Thai government? I have French friends vaccinated by French government, as I assume most French would prefer that. Although one might guess Thai gov would claim credit for that anyway.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm 78 & registered through Intervac; Chamber of Commerce weeks ago BUT live in Pattaya.  It is newsworthy when any vaccine escapes the ringfence surrounding Bangkok and trickles into the ghost town formerly known as Pattaya.

Please try intervac now and click Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, please stay alive and spend as much as you can! 

This is not for the Dutch expats , I got this email even I uploaded my passport and say non-O sponce visa simply a bunch of brainless  monkeys working over there ????

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

If you are a migrant worker or work under MoU with the Ministry of Labour, please wait for further information from the Ministry of Labour.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

7 hours ago, lightsidecat said:

Struggling a bit believing these numbers.  It implies roughly only 16% of Brit's and 11% of Americans have received even a first dose vaccine.  Would have thought  by now it would have been much higher.  The French and Japanese numbers look in line though.

Im struggling with the numbers as well. 11% is more in line there are only about 40,000 Americans in Thailand. The 1.03% denoted in the articke would indicate about 469,000 Americans. French residents less than ecpected.

7 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

10. Americans 4,649 1.3%    have recieved a shot.  Wow about 10% of the Americans in Thailand after USA donated Thailand 1.5 million Pfizer shots with another 1 million on the way

Depends on how many Americans are in Thailand.  As of 2010 reported figures it was about 40,000.  But the acting US Ambassador reportedly estimates the figures now may be closer to 100,000.  If his figures are accurate, then it could be less than 5% of Americans have received a shot.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that 356,337 foreigners or 7.27% of the total number of foreigners in Thailand had been vaccinated so far.

More than one and a half times more men than women have been jabbed.

Average age is 38.

So a higher percent of foreigners have been vaccinated than Thais ? 

Just seems like yesterday people were complaining here that foreigners weren't cared about. The truth is foreigners are now ahead of Thais in the rollout, especially in the provinces. 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just seems like yesterday people were complaining here that foreigners weren't cared about. The truth is foreigners are now ahead of Thais in the rollout, especially in the provinces. 

No, across the entire country 7.5% have received two jabs, versus 2.42% (1/3 of 7.27%) of foreigners. 

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&areas=can&areas=chn&areas=ind&cumulative=1&doses=total&populationAdjusted=1

• Like 2

Just now, Misty said:

No, across the entire country 7.5% have received two jabs, versus 2.42% (1/3 of 7.27%) of foreigners. 

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&areas=can&areas=chn&areas=ind&cumulative=1&doses=total&populationAdjusted=1

Thanks. It's still a high per cent, considering many foreigners still don't have national ID, ie tax/social security number. 

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Reread again.  "They said that 356,337 foreigners or 7.27% of the total number of foreigners in Thailand had been vaccinated so far."  That's 7.27% of all foreigners in Thailand for a grand total of 356,337 foreigners which include the 4 Asean countries foreign workers from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia.  That is not a higher percentage in total numbers being vaccinated vs. total numbers of Thai's who have been vaccinated, or were you just playing the spin game.

the top ten nationalities who have been vaccinated in Thailand in the period February 28th to August 14th:

1. Myanmar people 178,531 50.1% of the total

2. Chinese 38,447 10.8%

3. Cambodians 36,580 10.3%

4. Laotians 22,023 6.2%

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks. It's still a high per cent, considering many foreigners still don't have national ID, ie tax/social security number. 

What does that have to do with the fact that all should be vaccinated.  Are you trying to say that unless they are like you they should not be vaccinated.  You are definitely barking up the wrong tree.  A high percent considering France sent vaccines for their folks, as well as a few other countries.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

What does that have to do with the fact that all should be vaccinated.  Are you trying to say that unless they are like you they should not be vaccinated.  You are definitely barking up the wrong tree.  A high percent considering France sent vaccines for their folks, as well as a few other countries.

I am not talking about me. I mean that the systems can't handle passport numbers alone and the govt. have made special systems/websites now. 

Even in Khon Kaen now, expats are getting jabbed, ahead of Thais. I think it should be equal, not foreigners jumping the queue and getting special treatment. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Misty said:

0% of the Americans in my household have received a first vaccine, although all have pre-registered in multiple places including Expatvac . Average age is close to, but not yet, 60.  I'm in Bangkok.

67 here,and three of the "conditions".  Have registered multiple times and places, mostly what turned out to be failed government sites.

Step niece nurse was told "no farangs" at her hospital.

My wife registered me and paid  Bt2,400 in advance at Chularat9.

She got a message they are sure they can schedule me the first part of November.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am not talking about me. I mean that the systems can't handle passport numbers alone and the govt. have made special systems/websites now. 

Even in Khon Kaen now, expats are getting jabbed, ahead of Thais. I think it should be equal, not foreigners jumping the queue and getting special treatment. 

I agree that all should be treated equally.  But the numbers seem to say that foreigners are way behind.  Can't say what is happening in Khon Kaen, but perhaps they are trying to catchup the foreigners?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How are foreigners jumping the Que

Just now, Neeranam said:

I've told you before and you never accepted it then, so I can't be bothered explaining it again. 

So unless you have a Thai ID, pay taxes, and have a Tax ID number as well as SS you should not be vaxxed ahead of a Thai.  Here is a serious question for you, How many Thais pay taxes, have a Tax ID number and pay SS as well.  The 4 main groups vaxxed so far are the foreign national workers who work in Factories, Construction sites, and work in home for those influential people like my GF's best friend, a housekeeper for a Hi-So Family, who was given a spot to get vaccinated.  My GF has a Foreign ID card, a work permit, pays taxes and SS, yet she can not get vaccinated yet as she does not work a job that is considered necessary as she was just a Salon owner, but the Thais that worked for her had no problems being vaccinated.  Try Again.....

2 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Immigrant workers from surrounding and other Asian nations make up the vast majority yes.

Why seem surprised?

Living in a village 40 minutes from the Myanmar border I am well aware of that. I just feel it is a higher number than I would have guessed.

4 hours ago, MosMing said:

It seems to me that if you're an expat living in Bangkok, getting vaccinated isn't a problem but if, like me, you live in Isaan, you've got no chance.

I've registered with the British Chamber of Commerce; I've registered via ExpatVac and all i've had so far is an email telling me I don't qualify for vaccination because I don't have the correct visa (I have a non-imm O).

Adding to this post, you are correct about those living in Bangkok. Now add in the Myanmar workers, fair comment, then expats living in Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai etc who can easily get jabs. Now what about those of us who live nowhere near the big cities? We are all well down the list because of where we live! I am was with BCC but they expected me to drive all the way to Bangkok which entails a 6 hour drive one way. Expatvac, still waiting to hear having registered and qualified on Aug 1st and wondering where the jab will take place, if ever.

The wife and I are registered to have Moderna, which is supposed to be 100% happening according to the Line messages from Thonburi Hospitals. I am over 60 and no, Sinovac is not acceptable to me because of possibly flying to UK and the fact it is not proven especially if followed up by AZ despite the Thai doctor saying otherwise with no evidence!!  

I was also registered with my local hospital and never heard a word from them. I understand that Thais come first but when you are repeatedly informed by this government that foreigners are going to be vaccinated and this is how you can do it then diddly squat happens for those of us who live in the sticks, then rightfully we do get a tad <deleted> off!  

Edited by worrab
reword
  • Like 1

So far I have received my first AZ jab today at BPH and cancelled 5 others including BCC and including 2 offers of Pfizer so expats are getting vaccinated. I've registered with everything going including expatvac and inter vac and direct with hospitals. 12 weeks before next AZ vac so government is stretching what's available. However all the waiting wives at BPH today reported nothing available for Thais in Pattaya so elderly expats are getting priority. Morprom hasn't worked for Thais so it's not surprising they turn up in droves at vac sites and have to be turned away. By the way there were quite a few fighting fit and sprightly expats amongst those being vaccinated today!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, worrab said:

Adding to this post, you are correct about those living in Bangkok. Now add in the Myanmar workers, fair comment, then expats living in Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai etc who can easily get jabs. Now what about those of us who live nowhere near the big cities? We are all well down the list because of where we live! I am was with BCC but they expected me to drive all the way to Bangkok which entails a 6 hour drive one way. Expatvac, still waiting to hear having registered and qualified on Aug 1st and wondering where the jab will take place, if ever.

The wife and I are registered to have Moderna, which is supposed to be 100% happening according to the Line messages from Thonburi Hospitals. I am over 60 and no, Sinovac is not acceptable to me because of possibly flying to UK and the fact it is not proven especially if followed up by AZ despite the Thai doctor saying otherwise with no evidence!!  

I was also registered with my local hospital and never heard a word from them. I understand that Thais come first but when you are repeatedly informed by this government that foreigners are going to be vaccinated and this is how you can do it then diddly squat happens for those of us who live in the sticks, then rightfully we do get a tad <deleted> off!  

I am also registered for Moderna and paid for it. However they pushed it back from 4th quarter to 2nd quarter 2022. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I am also registered for Moderna and paid for it. However they pushed it back from 4th quarter to 2nd quarter 2022. 

We are the same but as I said, they have reassured us that it is happening 100% in Oct. Maybe we registered quick enough to be in the first batch. I hope so otherwise I am not too sure what we will do. My wife is Thai and definitely does not want Sinovac and nor do I. Just wait and see what expatvac comes up with in the meantime.

4 minutes ago, worrab said:

We are the same but as I said, they have reassured us that it is happening 100% in Oct. Maybe we registered quick enough to be in the first batch. I hope so otherwise I am not too sure what we will do. My wife is Thai and definitely does not want Sinovac and nor do I. Just wait and see what expatvac comes up with in the meantime.

Registered 3 jun paid 1 jul am number 847391. Maybe your faster no clue. But was not yesterday got a message that i could book the appointment but was in 2nd q 2022.

Edited by robblok

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm 78 & registered through Intervac; Chamber of Commerce weeks ago BUT live in Pattaya.  It is newsworthy when any vaccine escapes the ringfence surrounding Bangkok and trickles into the ghost town formerly known as Pattaya.

not true, it was ez to get appointment at MedPark, excellent service

a friend of mine got jabbed yesterday in BKK...these are his thoughts after waking up today..

ymmv...

I got to tell you I might not get the second shot, I woke up this morning on my ass throwing up, every muscle in my body was sore, chronic headache and had a very very high temperature, I still feel rough as <deleted> that if I got this to look forward to I'm serious about possibly not getting the second shot I'm really <deleted> up I can't remember when I've been this sick can't eat, everything gets thrown up I'm hot as hell, headache every muscle hurts, I am <deleted>

• Sad 1