Twenty-one people arrested in Soi Buakhao area for allegedly gathering, drinking alcohol, and breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Plus drinking at home you're much less likely to find yourself reported to the Police (as was the case here) or plastered all over stranger's Facebook

This is true. 

but if a neighbor complains, the police may knock on your door. Even having one other person in your home drinking is a violation of Covid regulations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, BestB said:

Omg you see every night .

I guess you time them as well?

Maybe you missed your count , they were arrested at 9 pm while it was in full swing 

It's when he pops out to get his somtum and sticky rice that he sees them..

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is true. 

but if a neighbor complains, the police may knock on your door. Even having one other person in your home drinking is a violation of Covid regulations.

What about hemp coffee and kratom?

Gathering on the 2nd floor for press conference with all those farangs will not do good also, anyway they should put in jail for at least 1 month to understand the law. Cause of those loosers we restauranteurs pay the price☹

10 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

What about hemp coffee and kratom?

Off topic.

I am asking about the morality of having a visitor to my place to drink, since there are so many people complaining about those people arrested last night.

at what point is it okay to drink with another person?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is true. 

Have to say I thought that it was having 5 people visiting (or maybe it's a total of 5 people gathering), is that a Chnburi specific ruling (I live in Bangkok but won't be from next week) 

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Have to say I thought that it was having 5 people visiting (or maybe it's a total of 5 people gathering), is that a Chnburi specific ruling (I live in Bangkok but won't be from next week) 

Can have up to 5 people together, if no one is drinking.

Can only drink alone.

Those are the rules in Chonburi.

So, if the police catch me drinking in Chonburi with another person in my place, should I be deported?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, nkg said:

"Put them all in one prison cell, PC Somchai. Can't have people gathering together willy-nilly."

3 hours ago, IraqRon said:

reward their behaviour with the Pfizer vac which should go to more responsible people.  That will teach them!!!!

Another bunch who couldn't help imbibing in company. For crying out loud, if you want to indulge do it at home and drink to your health before endangering that of others. A hefty fine would be in order.

I was one of those losers about two weeks ago. I went there 3-4 times and would poured a small bottle of sangsom in a large 7-11 cup with ice and cola and sipped it out of a straw with the cap on.

I had some good conversations and there were some cuties that buzzed around like flies. I always started leaving around 8:30 out of paranoia. 

the happening place to loiter is at the top of pratumnak soi 5. Talk about some WILD nights 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wmlc said:

I’m sorry but you are dead wrong. Every night in Tree Town tons of people gather there and the restaurants serving take out also serve beer illegally. The people stand out from in droves drinking and the working girls find customers. It has become the hangout place for all. Have you ever been there? If not, you don’t know. The crowds were very high last night. About 100 people. If you don’t know don’t talk. . 

If you don't know don't talk 555 sound like thai lady...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I agree prison is too harsh but I don't think it will take too many of these kind of raids before people start being deported / black listed which is probably the only thing that some guys will take seriously. 

I mentioned Singapore in a post above, here's another example   https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-robertson-quay-work-pass-holders-permanent-banned-660476

... As well as being fined approx 20-22,000 THB, these guys lost their livelihoods & were banned from ever working in Singapore again, all for the sake of a few beers outside. 

An illicit beer is not worth the risk of being one of the guys they choose to make an example of. 

Maybe it should be the unjust laws changed instead of the normal actions changed, no?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1