Thailand reports 20,571 new COVID-19 cases and 23,159 recoveries

webfact

1 minute ago, sungod said:

I had a back operation a few years ago, it's certainly better than it was, though I will never be the same again.

Am I recovered, or do you think I should head back to the hospital?

Go back. The recovery numbers need to be lower ????

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm still struggling how to get my 31-year-old (non-Thai) wife vaccinated.  Bumrungrad (where I was vaccinated) will only register the over-60s or those with medical conditions, and Sukhumvit Hospital could only offer the Moderna vaccine in January 2022, with no guarantee but payment required up-front.  Any suggestions?

Sorry, I dont have any suggestions. It's very difficult to get a Thai national that age a jab from what I read in some areas. My wife only managed it a week ago through my employer.

The only successes I know of are through schools, various chambers of commerce and employers.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No very different actually, timeframe wise and category of people needing boosters first. Robust studies are lacking for Sinovac with delta

But the latest death rates of vaccinated vs unvaccinated up to August 19th suggest it is effective against Delta?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

I would like to second what Dinsdale posted.  "Release" is not the same thing as "recovered".   

Once again, in my opinion, another sleight-of-hand with the statistics.  Call those who have been released "recovered", and don't count those with positive antigen tests.  Separate those in the prison system.  What else am I missing?

Facts! 

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This stiil doesn't account for the numbers of released doubling in less than a week. Something changed. For me, before they stayed in care until fully recovered. Hospitals were full so they had to release earlier than before to free up beds. Nowhere did I mention they were being released while still infectious I just said not fully recovered.

Keep digging! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikesalaugh said:

Rapid test are not included in the offcial number - but - these people need to take another PCR test the next day (or 2 or 3 days) and if positive then will be included in the following days figures as confirmed cases. Are people missing this part of the equation they harp on about rapid tests being invalid and not taken into account in official numbers.

So why are numbers not going up. Being that they say the radid antigen tests are around 80% correct (might be lower) this would be around 5.5k positive from today. Do you think we will see this reflected in the daily numbers. 

• Like 1

If they don't count the 7000 R A T today but when they are retested with a PCR test when do we see the numbers than in the official cases??? or they just disappear??.. It would be fairer  if they counted today 20.571 and 7000 RAT is a total of 27.571 and if there are negative tests in in RAT they can say according to the PCR tests of the 7000 RAT on 20 August 50 were found. negative .. Than there would be fair numbers, but now.. Nobody knows how many cases there really are..... more smoke because they wer never fair in the real numbers    

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The new facility, known as Busarakham Hospital, is located at the Challenger Hall in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi province. It is manned with 780 medical personnel, who will take turns operating there. In the initial stage, the hospital has 1,092 beds, and the capacity can be expanded to 5,000 beds.

The setting up of the new facility is intended to provide quick treatment to COVID-19 cases in order to reduce the number of deaths and serious illness.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/mobile_detail.php?cid=4&nid=11234

So, it’s a field hospital, in the traditional sense, ie a temporary hospital set up for emergency situations, as opposed to the Thai definition of a facility for asymptomatics.

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This stiil doesn't account for the numbers of released doubling in less than a week. Something changed. For me, before they stayed in care until fully recovered. Hospitals were full so they had to release earlier than before to free up beds. Nowhere did I mention they were being released while still infectious I just said not fully recovered.

Normally for hospitalization, you are required to stay for 14 days for therapeutic and testing. That 14 days period is deemed medically adequate to monitor the condition and recovery of the patient. Should  patient health deteriorate,  they will be moved to intensive care. Some patient with mild infection can be released earlier than 14 days if testing revealed positive results. Released patient should have sufficient antibodies to prevent re-infection. Recovery is not mandatory and most released patients go back to their normal routine. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mikesalaugh said:

Rapid test are not included in the offcial number - but - these people need to take another PCR test the next day (or 2 or 3 days) and if positive then will be included in the following days figures as confirmed cases. Are people missing this part of the equation they harp on about rapid tests being invalid and not taken into account in official numbers.

The question is whether positive Antigen tests are actually followed up by OCR tests.

3 minutes ago, fredscats said:

The vast majority of released covic patients are far from" recovered",still have far more real effects of the illness. More than probably they are past the point of actual death through oxygen stimulation,but still struggling

The vast majority released are asymptomatics housed in field hospitals.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The 35.6 % who are vaccinated with only one shot!

35.6% of all Covid deaths are those vaccinated with a single shot?!! 

Wow. Talk about a vital piece of information lost in the debates here. Maybe I am missing something, but those who are singly vaccinated are less than 35.6% of the population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Deaths linked to Covid-19 among unvaccinated patients were over 100 times higher compared to those who have been inoculated, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said

DDC deputy director-general Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn said on Friday that from July 25 to August 19, 63.8 per cent of total Covid-19 deaths -- 2,969 people -- were those who had not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

“Only 26 deaths, or 0.6 per cent of total fatalities, were patients who had got two vaccine doses, which are significantly lower,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005043

the two articles on this subject, one is linked above and the other is the one we can't link to or name, are a bit confusing.  the above article talks about the 26 deaths and 0.6% of fatalities.  but the other article specificially mentioned AZ in connection with those numbers.  they gave figures for AZ with one dose and death after two weeks and one dose and death after 4 weeks and then two doses and two weeks after.  they did not mention the specifics of the other 1,200 or so 'vaccinated' deaths.  one assumes they had sinovac.  but no idea on one or two doses.  that seems to imply that 25% of the deaths were people who had at least one dose of sinovac.  the nation article seems like a total lie compared to the other one.  and the other one leaves out all the data on sinovac.  i guess we wait for the next article and hope for more clarity.

Edited by buick

COVID-19: A Catalyst for Rising Inequality in Thailand

The current COVID-19 outbreak has exacerbated the country’s already wide gap between rich and poor

The widening gap is most clearly manifested in vaccine inequality. So far, less than 30 percent of the population has received at least one dose of COVID-19. This falls significantly short of the government’s “70 percent by October” target.

Given that the mortality rate is highest among the elderly and adults with preexisting health issues, poor children are at serious risk of becoming orphans. The absence of parental care can, in the long run, accelerate social issues such as drug use, teen pregnancy, and child trafficking.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/covid-19-a-catalyst-for-rising-inequality-in-thailand/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

63.8% of deaths are unvaccinated 

00.6% of deaths are vaccinated.

something seems missing here. 

the article that you reference is a joke.  in another publication the .6% is referenced to AZ double jabbed folks.  no mention of sinovac.  they include other figures on AZ that get you to about 75%.  then no word on the other 25% (i'm going to guess sinovac, one or two jab deaths).