Have you had a vaccine yet?

cyril sneer

Have you had a vaccine yet?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, burner2014 said:

as expected they move now to the younger people. If they really kept 150k for expats they should be enough for all registrants (if only under 50k registered)

It would be nice if they vaccinated all the over 60s first though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThiAmo said:

If you have registered with Expatvac you may soon get your Pfizer jab too, as me and a good deal of other expats got their shot today at Sapphasit Hospital in UBON. 

Good luck!

Thanks,

Thats getting closer.

Any side effects besides feeling relieved after receiving a quality vaccine?

I'm happy for you!

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

First jab SV yesterday, AZ in 3 weeks.

Got fed up registering everywhere and getting nowhere fast.

Not ideal, but age and underlying conditions mean this is better then nothing.

Am also considering a booster but not sure when or what.

Can you really choose a date for your booked Moderna? Won't they just have a day to invite you?

No set date yet.

You'll need to register and pay first.

They'll contact you after they finally get it.

Udon Bangkok Hospital told me between Oct-December for people who booked and paid in the first round.

Same hospital is taking more reservations I was told today.

Each hospital is supposed to get 10,000 doses.

Some hospitals have more bookings than that and will use a lottery system.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

We registered at a Private Hospital in Petchabun but did not have to pay. They contacted us twice to confirm we still wanted the vaccine. We even drove there in person to confirm we are in the system and on the list.

But I have very little confidence that sufficient vaccines will indeed turn up in October as promised. More likely some time next year

Under 60 and drove 4.5 hours for the fist jab today  at Central Festival Pattaya  by BPH. Worth every km driven.   The process was easy to navigate, well organized and can’t say enough about the super staff. Next appointment booked on the spot.   Only down side was overhearing endless complaining and the guy in line in front of me who kept pulling off his mask to pick his nose every 3 minutes, almost like he couldn’t help it. Compulsive nose picker who wiped his finger on his shorts. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Difficult to get up here in Issan.  Not even the Sinovac which not many Thais want is available.

I've booked at 3 different private hospital's but they say there waiting for the government to allocate Pfeizer4and Astra Zeneca.

For people in Bangkok, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, etc there getting Pfeizer and Astra Zeneca already.

ISSAN Is left to hang dry.

Hard to travel domestically without vaccines with the supposed opening up nextdoor month.

I am in Isaarn, I've had 1 AZ and 1 Pfizer and go for my second AZ September 9th!

My other half, aged 43 has had Sinovac already 1st jab. I am trying to pay for her AZ second jab.

• Like 1

Got an email tonight from Med Park Hospital, I had to read it twice as I surprised to say the least. I'm 41 years old, so I guess they are staring to vaccine us expats under 60.

Due to the recent change of the vaccination criteria from the government, we would like to inform you that you are now eligible for Pfizer vaccination at MedPark Hospital.

Vaccination period:
August 28 - 29th, 2021
Between 08:00 - 16:30 hrs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I am in Isaarn, I've had 1 AZ and 1 Pfizer and go for my second AZ September 9th!

My other half, aged 43 has had Sinovac already 1st jab. I am trying to pay for her AZ second jab.

Interesting they let you mix Astra and Pheizer.  

Where in Issan?

The village head seems more interested in opening an open air dump $$  than organizing  vaccines for the people.

8 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Under 60 and drove 4.5 hours for the fist jab today  at Central Festival Pattaya  by BPH. Worth every km driven.   The process was easy to navigate, well organized and can’t say enough about the super staff. Next appointment booked on the spot.   Only down side was overhearing endless complaining and the guy in line in front of me who kept pulling off his mask to pick his nose every 3 minutes, almost like he couldn’t help it. Compulsive nose picker who wiped his finger on his shorts. 

Id do the same thing.

Good for you!

But I'd drive the 10 or so hours from Sakon Nakhon to get the ball rolling on a quality vaccine like Pfeizer.

Edited by MrJ2U

Preliminary studies apparently show that mRNA vaccines wane to about 50% efficacy after 3-6 months with the Delta variant (depending on the many factors involved). So if the pandemic is still going in say, 6 months time, we may all need a 3rd jab. Don't know about the vector vaccines but would think the same applies. If Delta is here to stay then maybe we'll see 'walk in' clinics set up, which I suppose we'll have to pay for. But chin up, at least the drug companies will benefit, Ha! 

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

I'm not an anti vaxer but I am anti running around like a headless chicken in a panic trying to get one.

Four hour drive to Bangkok then back again to self isolation for 2 weeks ? No thanks. I'll get what I want when it eventually arrives. Meanwhile , since our home is pretty isolated anyway , no big deal to keep on waiting.

I too live in an isolated area and have been staying at home since March of this year.  It was refreshing to get away from the farm and spend a night in a nice hotel looking over the beach in Pattaya plus get a jab also.  Felt good to drive further than the local grocery store.  Had food delivered to motel via Grab which was nice change up from food at home. Wife and I both feel refreshed.  No worries about staying isolated for 2 weeks upon return home we are isolated everyday anyway!  

• Like 1

no thank you ! and no intention ! too many smart people did it for me, so why should I inject anything when I actually have no risk ?

and people no bla bla bla about people around etc... i don't care...

I wear a mask 15h / day and have no intention to change. My only fear are those vaccinated people who feel safe and will contaminate innocent people like me. I wish you jailed.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Interesting they let you mix Astra and Pheizer.  

Where in Issan?

The village head seems more interested in opening an open air dump $$  than organizing  vaccines for the people.

I didn't tell them about receiving AZ first, I have read up on it myself in detail and it is safe to do.

Regards Thailand, they will mix and match anything to achieve quotas. The main point being Sinovac is the least effective on variants.

I certainly put no trust in the village head by the way, ours is useless too and more interested on using his position to obtain tractors and the like for his rice fields, due to the position that he holds.

I got AZ at the local hospital and Pfizer in the city under the expatvac scheme.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'm here now.

Reservations will be for the second generation Moderna.

Arriving in March or April.

I got 3. 

I don't want to be in the back of the line.

There available on there website shopping portal.

Three weeks ago I refused the Sinovac + the AZ vaccine. My wife took the Sinovac and returned last Monday to get the AZ shot. I went with her and asked for the AZ shot, after a a bit of arguing they kept a copy of my passport wife wife’s mobile number and said they would call later that day if they had vaccine left over. Sure enough got a call, arrived at he hospital at 4.45 ( the place was empty ). A nurse was waiting for me with all the paperwork. Went straight in got my AZ shot had to sit for 30 minutes, given a date for my second shot. Job done all in less than an hour. I did feel pretty bad Tuesday, but next day felt great.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nightfox said:

Got an email tonight from Med Park Hospital, I had to read it twice as I surprised to say the least. I'm 41 years old, so I guess they are staring to vaccine us expats under 60.

Due to the recent change of the vaccination criteria from the government, we would like to inform you that you are now eligible for Pfizer vaccination at MedPark Hospital.

Vaccination period:
August 28 - 29th, 2021
Between 08:00 - 16:30 hrs.

Medpark now even walk-ins for people 40+ without underlying diseases

19 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

No set date yet.

They'll contact you after they finally get it.

Udon Bangkok Hospital told me between Oct-December for people who booked and paid in the first round.

Each hospital is supposed to get 10,000 doses.

Some hospitals have more bookings than that and will use a lottery system.

A friend of mine was told by Bangkok Hospital staff in Udon Thani that Moderna will be available from May 2022...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTH001 said:

A friend of mine was told by Bangkok Hospital staff in Udon Thani that Moderna will be available from May 2022...

Medpark announced that they received the first Moderna and sending out appointments soon.

Wondering if Moderna comes really that early to Thailand. It was supposed to come in Oktober