Good mobile phone car holder to buy online in Thailand?

OneMoreFarang

I am looking for a decent mobile phone car holder which I can use to hold my phone into a position so that I can use it as navigation system.

I looked at Lazada and they have many holders starting from 29B.

Obviously I don't mind if anything is not expensive, but I wouldn't trust such a 29B holder. I guess something for maybe 200 to 500B should be a lot better.

Do you have such a holder? Which one can you recommend? What are problems with the cheap holders?

I don't need automatic charging or any extra function.

Here is what I am searching:

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=mobile+phone+car+holder

And this is a picture of what I think it should about look like. But I never used one of those so I might be wrong.

71rxNFcKfuL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I've already been through one such holder. The suction cup would come lose at the least opportune time and fall. I now use Velcro tape, I put a strip near me in the truck and a piece on cel cover. It works great for me. 

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

This is what I use, not cheap though....

iu-2.jpeg.35f335e41c7c1b6d00d5fbed6bacefbf.jpeg

The first time I made a road trip from Isaan to Pattaya my old lady held the phone entire trip giving me directions ahahaa

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've already been through one such holder. The suction cup would come lose at the least opportune time and fall. I now use Velcro tape, I put a strip near me in the truck and a piece on cel cover. It works great for me. 

I found the suction on the windsreen to be better than the dash.

The problem I have is that my dash is made of leather, and unless I stick the damned thing to the windscreen it will not stick.  When I lived in the Philippines I had a phone holder that plugged into the cigarette lighter port and had an anchor for the area directly below it for stability. It also charged the phone when the phone was attached.  However, I can not find such a critter here either.  I guess the plus side is my vehicle has an infotainment screen that includes navigation.  The only reason I use the phone during drives is for the music played via USB because I can never find a decent station here.

I got one from Lazada which sticks in one of the air vents and is a magnet. AUKEY is the name.

You stick a metallic strip on the back of your phone and it is in the perfect position for sat nav, or anything.

Couple that with a magnetic charging cable, and life is easy!   

Edited by KannikaP

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The problem I have is that my dash is made of leather, and unless I stick the damned thing to the windscreen it will not stick.  When I lived in the Philippines I had a phone holder that plugged into the cigarette lighter port and had an anchor for the area directly below it for stability. It also charged the phone when the phone was attached.  However, I can not find such a critter here either.  I guess the plus side is my vehicle has an infotainment screen that includes navigation.  The only reason I use the phone during drives is for the music played via USB because I can never find a decent station here.

Got a ram mount not cheap but sticks good to windows. If you dont use it for navigation and use usb you can put your phone anywhere not a problem. Cant you use blue tooth ? I mean that is what i do use blue tooth to connect to the cars system put on spotify and have the navigation on too. I do have it charge from a powerbank on trips that take long.

• Thanks 1