COVID-19: Thailand reports 18,702 new coronavirus cases, 273 more deaths

webfact

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) will sign a contract with Ostland Capital Ltd to purchase 8.5 million antigen test kits (ATKs) on August 30, said GPO director-general Dr Witoon Danwiboon on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005359

47 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was looking for a reason to oppose your view, but I cannot. Israel new infections approach their second wave numbers....and deaths in this 3rd wave also are looking as high.....BUT Israel has had deaths under 100 for all but 1 day of the pandemic. I look to Israel and UK to tell us where we are going in this pandemic, as they both have well advanced vaccination efforts. Both places exhibit similar concerning behaviors.

My point was, when open up country infections increase sky high even in country where has high vaccination rate. So what going to happen in Thailand if they end they "lock down"!?

Wife and relatives think her aunt get covid when she was line to get vaccine! There was no social distance, after her first jab she get covid and now in critical situation . She was really careful before going to get vaccine, first time close contact to other people in long time.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So to dine out we will have to show proof of being vaccinated or a negative ATK test within the 7 previous days. Why bother to open at all, as few are fully vaccinated as of now,, and what proof of an ATK test is needed if you do the test at home.  Ludicrous but a setup for tourists who are vaccinated.

Furthermore, travelling between Provinces will be allowed.

Long weekend coming up next month.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Furthermore, travelling between Provinces will be allowed.

Long weekend coming up next month.

More super spreading to be done. Not enough full beds apparently and money needs to be made by hotels.  Question is will pools and parks be opened.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So to dine out we will have to show proof of being vaccinated or a negative ATK test within the 7 previous days. Why bother to open at all, as few are fully vaccinated as of now,, and what proof of an ATK test is needed if you do the test at home.  Ludicrous but a setup for tourists who are vaccinated.

As you stated TR:

Starting on 1st September, some high risk businesses in the dark red zones, such as restaurants, can open, however only for people with a Green Card (fully vaccinated) or a Yellow Card (recovered from covid or have a negative ATK test within the last 7 days) #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431156450500382726

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As you stated TR:

Starting on 1st September, some high risk businesses in the dark red zones, such as restaurants, can open, however only for people with a Green Card (fully vaccinated) or a Yellow Card (recovered from covid or have a negative ATK test within the last 7 days) #Thailand

Will vaccine passports be required for barfining when i return?

Negative PCR Test before doing the dirty deed?

Yet some of the Pattaya halfwit vloggers and bar owners think it's going to be tills ringing till dawn.

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As you stated TR:

So they think nobody cant get covid in 7 days time! Show the atk stick and wellcome , its only 6 days old stick! 

Malls, beauty parlors, massage parlors (only foot massage) and beauty clinics will reopen, but only for fully vaccinated customers or tested negative. All tutoring schools, movie theaters, spas, water parks, fitness centers and swimming pools will remain closed.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1431158277144911875

School buildings may reopen, and on-site schooling will be permitted as long as permission from related agencies is obtained. Parks and sports stadiums may reopen without spectators. A maximum of 25 people will be allowed at public gatherings.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As you stated TR:

Just more insanity, as if a vaccinated person can not have been infected possibly with Covid.  How many cases have there been where folks who have been vaccinated have been infected or even passed on.  Then there was the supposed immunity one could have from having been infected before, but now we are seeing that they can become re-infected, case in point is the protest leader Penguin.  Life is tenuous enough but if they want to keep such ridiculous restrictions on the books they really shouldn't even bother with doing it.  It will be more of a feel good measure for the industry, but when folks realize what the restrictions are then they will just be unable to go, of course if your a Hi-So family and all vaccinated then of course you can go dine in at that 5 star restaurant.  My issue is on the 16th of September I will be vaccinated in full, but the GF will still not have been vaccinated.  Guess I go out and dine alone, and oh btw was it opened so I could have a glass of wine with my dinner?  

2 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

More easing than i expected.

Fair play to Thailand, anti vax nonsense isn't going to be tolerated.

Get jabbed or your staying at home.

Of course, but the way they are moving on vaccinations the number that can go out for dinner are severely reduced.  How does one do a home ATK test kit and prove they are negative.  Do they take a photo of the test kit and register the kit and photo with MOPH.  More things that need answers and plans they made without knowing or explaining more in depth, instead just generic info.  Of course I am sure more will be coming as this was just decided at the meeting which just ended a few hours ago.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

How can you open malls but only to fully vaccinated folk.

Entry to shopping complex is already open for supermarket and banks.

My gf already goes to her hair dresser (with appointment)  with roller door 3/4 down.

Stupid requirement which will be ignored.

Just another of those 'Thai' rules.... like the laughable 'foot massages only' last time. Impossible to police, but they made the relaxation (under duress), so don't blame us if it all goes tits up!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Oh it is horrible.

I didn't fear death, I feared long covid.  People's lives are being destroyed.  And it's far more than the 1 percent death rate.  

Who wants to live when you can hardly get out of bed and eating is the only thing that you can do all day.  IT's horrible.  

Then there’s the people who want to live but are on the breadline and can’t afford to eat. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Sad 1

The private sector, in Thailand’s border district of Sadao in Songkhla province, is to propose the “Dan Nok Sandbox” scheme to the governor, to reopen the commercial town to arrivals from Malaysia, tentatively in November.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/businesses-in-thai-border-town-mulls-sandbox-scheme-to-lure-malaysian-tourists-back/

• Haha 1

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 16,677 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 2,016 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 9 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1431172364872474626

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course, but the way they are moving on vaccinations the number that can go out for dinner are severely reduced.  How does one do a home ATK test kit and prove they are negative.  Do they take a photo of the test kit and register the kit and photo with MOPH.  More things that need answers and plans they made without knowing or explaining more in depth, instead just generic info.  Of course I am sure more will be coming as this was just decided at the meeting which just ended a few hours ago.

Was thinking of UK vaccination rates. Your quite right but at least it's a start.

Maybe an incentive in a way to get jabbed.

Just now, GStewart70 said:

Was thinking of UK vaccination rates. Your quite right but at least it's a start.

Maybe an incentive in a way to get jabbed.

I would agree, but they have to have the vaccines in order for folks to get jabbed here.  In the UK and the west they can not seem to get folks to get vaccinated.  Here folks like my GF can not get a vaccination no matter how many times we try, She is under 40, not pregnant, does not have one of the 7 medical conditions and does not work for a factory, a major business or have connections.  She is just a Stylist/colorist and even with the Salons now being allowed to open will have to be tested weekly via an ATK test to work, shop, or even dine out.  Looks like a quick earner for the test kit sellers, but then how does one registered a home kit test as negative.  The devils in the details it would seem.  Not frustrated in the least just trying to wrap my head around the semi, semi reduced restrictions.

• Like 1

Today there were 273 deaths in #Thailand

148 males & 125 females

5 Burmese died

3 pregnant women died

Median age 66 (19-101 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (85)

66% of deaths aged 60+ (in BKK 70%)

1 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1431173583510781952

Bangkok Hospital Phuket are inviting foreigners who have never received a COVID-19 vaccine before to register here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsPp_fx0NIn2B3x8bPo_cchJRVkxPKzBi1GFiBQksqbXW8TA/viewform

from now until 3 September. Vaccination date will be sent by SMS. Good luck! #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1431174396371030019

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

3 pregnant women died

Median age 66 (19-101 years)

Median age 66. Means half the deaths 66+.

What would be guess of the pregnant aged women. Perhaps 20-40.

However 3 die. Seems more than one would expect.

Also not a one off. 

Note quote above was a cut. The median age was for all those that died.

Edited by DrJack54

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just more insanity, as if a vaccinated person can not have been infected possibly with Covid.  How many cases have there been where folks who have been vaccinated have been infected or even passed on. 

Of course vaccinated people can still become infected - we've always known that. The fact is though, that the chances of a vaccinated person being infected are much, much lower.

For instance, in Massachusetts where the media were freaking out about an outbreak among vaccinated people, figures released by the state health authorities showed that despite that, only:

0.18% of fully vaccinated people had a breakthrough infection

No, Most COVID Infections Are Not Occurring in Vaccinated People

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as Thailand is in talks with European countries to purchase millions of doses of COVID-19 vaccines, a health official said on Thursday, as the Southeast Asian nation tries to speed up its inoculation rollout to contain a wave of infections.

In talks.... that's the only thing Thailand is good at.