Expats' vaccinations: 54K have registered on consular website as jabs continue apace

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The spokesman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thanee Saengrat told Daily News yesterday that between August 1st and 25th 54,745 foreign residents of Thailand had applied for vaccinations against Covid-19 on expatvac.consular.go.th.

Of these 11,760 were aged 60 and over and 42,985 were under 60.

257 were pregnant women and 3,947 had one or more of seven underlying health conditions.

So far the Ministry of Public Health has forwarded 22,330 names to hospitals nationwide.

Of these 5,664 are in Bangkok and 18,666 are outside the Thai capital.

Vaccinations in Bangkok are being undertaken at BNH, Bumrungrad, Bangkok, MedPark and Samitivej hospitals. 

Yesterday jabs were being done at the 5th floor of Siam Paragon (Royal Paragon Hall) under the auspices of Bangkok Hospital.

More vaccinations would be undertaken in both Bangkok and the provinces in the coming days, reported the media. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1

Just now, Scrotobike said:

The statistic is quite useless compared to how many appointments this wonderful IT system has created. Here amongst my associates the massive total of zero, nil, nada, zip  (maybe because we are in deepest darkest Issan). This I would like to know rather than the usual spin.

Perhaps being in a deepest darkest red zone helps too.....I expect it will get to you soon.

11 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

The statistic is quite useless compared to how many appointments this wonderful IT system has created. Here amongst my associates the massive total of zero, nil, nada, zip  (maybe because we are in deepest darkest Issan). This I would like to know rather than the usual spin.

Same here.

But I'm here at the hospital (Bangkok Udon Thani Hospital) and they say soon.

They mentioned it'll be here before our Moderna.

She mentioned that almost 20,000 people registered and paid for Moderna at there hospital.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Same here.

But I'm here at the hospital (Bangkok Udon Thani Hospital) and they say soon.

They mentioned it'll be here before our Moderna.

She mentioned that almost 20,000 people registered and paid for Moderna at there hospital.  

I think some expats are getting vaccinated in large cities especially BKK and other potential litterbox areas, but not as a result of this useless system.

Just like all the other scams - put in your name - it is activity - keep the dirty expats quiet as they happily confuse activity with results.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Expatvac...after registration now over 3 weeks gone, never a message or word...

Got this, to register in Pattaya...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaN6-qHrki6-EeOEfaHtyh5l1o20VzGiTYsCRIWlTFqQ6NWw/viewform?usp=send_form

Within 24 hours were confirmed in SMS and given the next day for 1st shot.

Had low hope, based on previous registrations sites, and bcos picked the Pfeizer+Pfeizer option...

But, there I was, within 2 days of registering got my first shot.

All thanks to a Thai friend for the link.

( Inside English, just this " next" button not).

Could wait for expatvac?

Or could be proactive.

• Like 1

Registered with expatvac Aug 1, registered with Thailandintervac as soon as the Khon Kaen option was available

Received this SMS from them after confirming my passport number on Wed evening to receive a AZ vaccination on Sunday Aug 29 at Central in Khon Kaen.

A309.png

• Like 1

Initially the news storied talked about 150,000 doses of Pfizer were set aside for foreigners - i.e. 75,000 people with two jabs each - and at the same time the forum seemed to be loaded with post from foreign people complaining about that they could not get vaccination. Then appeared news stories with that some 20,000 people had been registered and a call to foreigners to register, little later the news stories mentioned that around 40,000 had registered, and now 54,000.

I'm surprised that not more have registered, or is it so that this is the number of resident foreigners interested in vaccination...????

48 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Initially the news storied talked about 150,000 doses of Pfizer were set aside for foreigners - i.e. 75,000 people with two jabs each - and at the same time the forum seemed to be loaded with post from foreign people complaining about that they could not get vaccination. Then appeared news stories with that some 20,000 people had been registered and a call to foreigners to register, little later the news stories mentioned that around 40,000 had registered, and now 54,000.

I'm surprised that not more have registered, or is it so that this is the number of resident foreigners interested in vaccination...????

Maybe that is all the foreigners there are in Thailand - not the hordes that some think live here ?

• Like 2

Well all i can say is Thankyou to the Thai Medical Staff who were giving the Pfizer Vaccine to the Foreigners Of Amphor Surin Muang Surin and the Staff that were very Efficient in there speed and Care of All, Vaccination's for the Pfizer Started at 11.30 am and i walked out by 12.20 pm with the 30 min observation after the Injection.   I to Registered with expatvac and received confirmation of my booking but i am sure that i did read that Vaccinations would start after the 19/08/2021 for Amphor's Out side of Bangkok.      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomnearCentral said:

Myself (german) and my english friend were one of the "lucky" ones that got the first Pfizer shot yesterday morning at Siam Paragon. Both of us under 60 without any pre-existing condition living in Bangkok. We registered during the first days after they announced the Expatvac Site and we received our appointments on Tuesday evening this week. Everything was very well organised on site and both of us were rather surprised how few foreigners were there. All in all the whole process took 90 minutes. Second vaccine appointment given was for the 16th September. 

2nd shot in 4 weeks?

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

I live in Khon Kaen and this week have received 1st appointment for Pfizer on Sept 5th with 2nd appt on 26th Sept.  Vaccinations to be administered by Bangkok Hospital at Central Plaza Khon Kaen.  A friend of mine in Leoi has received the same for Sept 12th, so appointments are beginning to trickle through ????

2nd shot within 3 weeks? Amazing!

4 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Well I am deep in rural Ubon and I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, as did many other foreigners.  They were sitting us down 12 at a time, jabbing us all then sitting us down to rest for 20 minutes while the passport data was logged down and the next batch of foreigners vaccinated. Plenty more white faces still in the queue when I left so there would have been at least 60 foreigners while I was there who had received appointments ! Perhaps none of your associates managed to fill in the simple form properly, with photos of your passport and visa data ?

Edited by MikeN
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, grandpa said:

I live in Khon Kaen and this week have received 1st appointment for Pfizer on Sept 5th with 2nd appt on 26th Sept.  Vaccinations to be administered by Bangkok Hospital at Central Plaza Khon Kaen.  A friend of mine in Leoi has received the same for Sept 12th, so appointments are beginning to trickle through ????

While at the same time, around 300 falang got vaccinated with Pfizer in Udon Thani last Wednesday, complete separate from the expatvac or any other system, amazingly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

In Chiang Mai one should register with the "Wall of Chiang Mai" after registering on ExpatVac site ... 

https://wallofcm.chiangmaihealth.go.th/

Why?  I have no idea, but most people with appt's here registered on both sites.  Makes getting vaccinated confusing as h*ll.

Yep, done that as well and still nothing.