What a farce? Expatvac registration a joke.

giddyup

58 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

As I read it the robot said you had successfully filled in all the boxes and sent two photographs. So the robot sent an automated reply. When a human reviewed what you had sent it was deemed incorrect, so they sent you a failed notice. 

I think it is wrong of you to complain if you didn't follow the instructions. 

Just my take. I didn't even receive an email, just a phone call.

Interpret as you will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

I registered on the Mor Prom app in May, got my 1st AZ shot Jun 7, and will get my 2nd shot tomorrow, 30 Aug. I had no problems whatsoever. ????

I also registered on the Mor Prom App and my wife received a call on the 4th of June to show up at the hospital as per the appointment for the 7th June, however she advised them that I was not going as I had changed my mind, we then paid for Moderna for October so that my wife could at least get a decent vaccine along side me.

I also left my name down with the local hospital, a couple of weeks later, wife gets a call, tell your husband to come for Sinovac, no thanks was the reply, now was in June, today wife got a call from the same hospital, tell your husband to come for Pfizer, oh thanks but no thanks, he got it in Udon Thani earlier this week by registering at the Provincial Health Clinic and then the University for the jab, oh ok thanks.

I have also registered at Bangkok Hospital KK and apparently I have an appointment for the 12th of September subject to email confirmation and I also registered with Expatvac on the 1st of August, nothing has come back apart from your application was successful and that an email will be sent to you for you to confirm your appointment within 24 hours.

The above said, the Mor Prom App was more a success than others, it was my choice to forgo the AZ jab and the Sinovac jab at the local, that said, the local at least called twice, 1st offering the Sinovac in late June and now for Pzifer. If I waited for the Bangkok Hospital KK and Expatvac, they might come good, but when nothing is cooking, you got to go out to eat, hence the reason I took up an offer through a mate who texted me that it was game on at Udon Thani.

For those near Sawang Daen Din, between Udon Thani and Sakon Nakon, they were the ones who offered me Pfizer today, so might be worth a call, although they did the wife they had limited supplies of Pfizer. 

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Has anyone asked them why they need visa info? What possible relevance it has to receiving the vaccine? Why they are refusing to vaccinate because they haven't submitted the right piece of paper? Why paperwork is more important to them than safeguarding someone's health and that of others? Why they need proof of a visa when my local hospital didn't require it when I was vaccinated last Sunday? Anyone?

It's just typical Thai bureaucracy to make things as difficult and obtuse as they can.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Because the deal was that the 150,000 Pfizer shots out of the 1.5m donated by the U.S. would go to foreigners who live here. To ascertain if someone is living here, visa required.

So, what does the 1 year extension stamp signify?

Edited by giddyup

Just now, Seeall said:

All a massive F up as usual....  I didnt even bother reg .....  think a bullet better than stress with these clowns...

imagine them trying drive a chinese sub?   would be like the movie dumb and dumber...   oi somchai did u load the torpedo?   ohhh UI thought u wanted a dimsum so I microwaved it....   ohhh they locked on to us now we all die....

• Haha 2

Registered originally with thai expatvac,think that was what it was called ,never heard back,registered on morprom and got AZ just under 12 wks ago 2nd after 16 wks,in the meantim Samitivit and bangkok Pattaya hospital sent sms offering me a jab ,this week wife phoned Samitivit re 12 wks instead of 16 ,yes come in next wed for 2nd jab.  

Ps the phone call from Samitivit was nothing to do with morprom,just that i was registered there,when i explained i had my first weeks before ,they just said to wait for morprom appointment

Edited by bert bloggs

I believe that everyone want all to be vaccinated as quick as possible. To achieve that the first step is to make registration easy. Thailand with its neurotic control behavior can of course not see what the important thing is and make a mess of it just like always.

5 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I believe that everyone want all to be vaccinated as quick as possible. To achieve that the first step is to make registration easy. Thailand with its neurotic control behavior can of course not see what the important thing is and make a mess of it just like always.

You do understand that there is a sizeable percentage of the population who don't want to be vaccinated?

• Confused 2

I too registered in expatvac. Got the auto email. Nothing else since.

Wife and poo Yai Bahn chit chat, poo Yai and local doctor and wife chit chat. It appears my name is on a list of people for vaccination. Would be nice if someone in authority let me know, instead of wife and poo yai....We're going into Si Saket city on 1st September. Me to see if this is just BS, the wife because she believes...

Just now, hotandsticky said:

You do understand that there is a sizeable percentage of the population who don't want to be vaccinated?

I understand that pretty well, and I also understand that many of those don not want to be vaccinated because what they are offered is Chinese vaccin that have been proofed to not protect from the delta-variation that now is most common in Thailand. Also the Chinese vaccin give higher risk for partial facial paralysis (you can read about that in Lancet). Finally, no other country believe in the mix of vaccines that Thailand prefer to give. So yes, I understand, and I also understand why. Do you?   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Has anyone asked them why they need visa info? What possible relevance it has to receiving the vaccine? Why they are refusing to vaccinate because they haven't submitted the right piece of paper? Why paperwork is more important to them than safeguarding someone's health and that of others? Why they need proof of a visa when my local hospital didn't require it when I was vaccinated last Sunday? Anyone?

The Thai government has said all foreigners residing in Thailand will be vaccinated at no charge. Tourists, on tourist visas, are not entitled to the free vaccinations. This is why you need to show your visa or extension.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2