Your Covid 19 papers, please

kiteman9

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Study from USA, from 120,200,000 estimated infections there were 767,000 estimated deaths 0.64%

Do you really lock a country down for that number?

Is it ethical to demand everyone is vaccinated  for that number, and deny entrance to shops, restaurants, places of work if they don't wish to take part in a vaccine experiment?

In the same time period how many people have died from heart disease, a stroke, cancer? Due to hospitals refusing to or being unable to treat them, due to the covid regulations? 

Heart disease, stroke, and cancer are not infectious not to mention not airborne infectious.

Next

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrissables said:

In the same time period how many people have died from heart disease, a stroke, cancer? Due to hospitals refusing to or being unable to treat them, due to the covid regulations? 

So that's the reason they're being refused treatment? Regulations? Really?  And not the fact that hospital beds are overflowing with Covid patients?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here in Thailand the problem underpinning the vaccination ID issue is the need to get businesses back up and running while failing to meet vaccine demand.

Free-loading ‘anti-vaxxers’ are, at least in Thailand, an insignificant number within the population. 

When/if the Government gets its act together and meets vaccines demand uptake will be sufficient to suppress the spread of the virus.

The people of Thailand are desperate to get their vaccine, the government aren’t meeting that demand and are therefore making a pretense of doing stuff.

Really? The Thai folks around my way are definitely not 'desperate to get a vaccine'. There has been only one death in the vicinity and that was someone who died within 48 hours of getting their first shot. No Covid. That was after free shots were being offered around here and some took them. Nobody wants them now.

My wife is on Thai social media and is linked to many government workers as well as people working in the private sector. It is true that government workers are almost 100% in favour of getting Covid vaxxed, but the opposite applies to the rest. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Study from USA, from 120,200,000 estimated infections there were 767,000 estimated deaths 0.64%

Do you really lock a country down for that number?

Is it ethical to demand everyone is vaccinated  for that number, and deny entrance to shops, restaurants, places of work if they don't wish to take part in a vaccine experiment?

You are failing to mention the 6.2 million hospitalisations and the fact that States within which the State Government has actively opposed policies to protect their population infections, hospitalisations and deaths are continuing at ever increasing rates.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

As for your gaslighting 'vaccine experiment',  take a look at the data coming out of the States with the lowest vaccine uptake. 

• Like 1

Being vaccinated only protects you from serious Covid symptoms leading to hospitalization and death. It does not stop the spread of the virus. Therefore sandboxes quarantine and Vaccine passports are useless and a distraction. What is needed is more Vaccines and Vaccine boosters! Darwin will deal with antivaxers and those with immunosuppressant conditions will have to continue to isolate as they were before Covid

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why not just put a chip in us that says we are vaccinated.

That was sarcasm people, whatever it takes to make it safer for all to be able to get back to some kind of normality.

Personally, I am all for it, the strangest thing is people just don't understand, this is the new world, it is what it is, Covid is real and we have to take steps to mitigate it's effect on us.

I for one wouldn't want to be sitting in a plane with unvaccinated people or in a restaurant, while shopping etc etc, vaccinations and QR Codes/Certificates of people proving they have been vaccinated is the way to go and if that is what it takes to move forward, then I am all for it.

For the unvaccinated, you have your choice, I respect that, but do keep away from me.

You can still pass the aunt iris on to somebody even if your vaccinated,, the vaccine just stops the person from severe symptoms, or dying..

• Thanks 1

hello, since the start it is clear that only medicine will stop covid, but people keep chasing and rushing for a vaccine that will not stop them from spreading the virus, can you explain me why ?

I have refused all proposed vaccines and will only use medicine when I get covid, not in the expectation to get it.

Is it mainstream media that created this world where people are rushing for something that will not stop the virus ?!

The first available treatment will be from Astrazeneca, Pfizer prefers to keep selling billions of vaccines until the idiots of this world finally understand, after having spent hundreds billions, that vaccine doesn't work to stop covid.

Luckily AZ has nothing to lose by selling the medicine quickly, this is our only chance to stop being cheated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Oh yes you can still get covid even if you are double jabbed.  The hospitals in the Uk have an enormous amount of in-patients suffering from covid.  The ratio is about 66% double vaxxed and 33% unvaccinated.

Also it has been shown that the viral load of the jabbed with covid is far higher than the un-jabbed.  so hence they can spread the virus even better than the un-jabbed.

unvaccinated do not care to protect themselves anymore, and they are a threat for unvaccinated.

unvaccinated people together are very safe usually !

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So that's the reason they're being refused treatment? Regulations? Really?  And not the fact that hospital beds are overflowing with Covid patients?

Could the reason be there are not enough hospital places for all illnesses is because govt have not anticipated and provided and invested in enough health facilities for the populations.

Edited by userabcd
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

If what you say is true then why are they calling vaccinated in the U.S.A "Super Spreaders"??? Why is it that Israel the most vaccinated country in the world is currently having a massive outbreak and the majority of people hospitalized/dying are those vaccinated?? So many things we don't know about covid still, lot more research and statistics need to be done/gathered still!

Why is it you can have had 20 other vaccine shots but if you refuse covid vaccine you are now an anti-vaxxer?

It's obvious that the data on how long immunity would last with vaccines, that said, Israel is a good example, 6 months and with boosters they can reduce the spread of the virus if everyone gets on board, if they don't then they are up S--t Creek.

From the link you provided further down the post on the other page.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

Israeli national HMO Maccabi Healthcare Services, which conducted the preliminary study of 149,144 Israelis who received three Pfizer shots, said for Israelis above age 60, a Pfizer booster shot reduced the chances of infection by 86% and reduced the chances of severe infection by 92%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Could the reason be there are not enough hospital places for all illnesses is because govt have not anticipated and provided and invested in enough health facilities for the populations.

I think you're making a good point...for a different post. But I was replying to someone who claimed regulations were keeping seriously ill people form being treated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Heart disease, stroke, and cancer are not infectious not to mention not airborne infectious.

Next

You missed the point. Due to lockdown people with these deceases have not been treated, (UK) so it is relevant. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Oh yes you can still get covid even if you are double jabbed.  The hospitals in the Uk have an enormous amount of in-patients suffering from covid.  The ratio is about 66% double vaxxed and 33% unvaccinated.

Also it has been shown that the viral load of the jabbed with covid is far higher than the un-jabbed.  so hence they can spread the virus even better than the un-jabbed.

This same claim was made yesterday and I have crunched the numbers to debunk it in the linked topic:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1229156-chilling/

The data you refer to clearly demonstrates that people who are fully vaccinated are considerably less likely to get seriously ill, be hospitalised or die. It also demonstrated clearly that per capita unvaccinated people are placing a higher demand on hospital beds than vaccinated people. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, placeholder said:

UK, the hospitals stopped, cancelled or delayed treatment. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

You missed the point. Due to lockdown people with these deceases have not been treated, (UK) so it is relevant. 

The relevant point is hospital beds and ICU units in particular are full with COVID patients amongst which the unvaccinated account for a disproportionately high number. 

The point you miss is the high demand the health services are seeing now is a lot lower than it would be without the lockdowns and other precautions. 

• Like 1

Just now, chrissables said:

Well, the problem is that lots of these patients are immunocompromised. So they weighed the risk of these people getting infected vs. getting treated. And of course, medical personnel were working overtime and around the clock to treat people who had filled up the ICU's. You know, people in immediate danger of dying.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are failing to mention the 6.2 million hospitalisations and the fact that States within which the State Government has actively opposed policies to protect their population infections, hospitalisations and deaths are continuing at ever increasing rates.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/burden.html

As for your gaslighting 'vaccine experiment',  take a look at the data coming out of the States with the lowest vaccine uptake. 

I did not fail to mention anything, i gave figures that i thought relevant.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

You can still pass the aunt iris on to somebody even if your vaccinated,, the vaccine just stops the person from severe symptoms, or dying..

Yes completely understood this before I received my 1st dose, hence the reason most are taking it, particularly those of us over 60 with underlying conditions.

After the 2nd dose I have already planned to get a booster come March/April next year because from what I am reading is that Pfizer is only good for 6 months against the Delta variant, the USA, UK, Turkey and others are going down that path, albeit it 6-8 month boosters.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jingthing said:

Not great.

Also it seems way too early for Thailand to try this. 

There are still very serious vaccine supply and access issues here. In other words remarkably unfair. 

It doesn't matter.  It's already here.  Now - watch for the public reaction. 

However, restaurants located in ‘dark red zones’ will be required to ensure that all staff must have two doses of vaccine and be tested with antigen test kits every 5-7 days. Customers are also required to show proof of vaccination and have negative tests before entering restaurants.

5 minutes ago, chrissables said:

And kept Hospital Emergency Services operating.

Now picture what would happen if a hospital becomes overloaded and people start turning up on mass with sick parents, spouses, children looking for help that is no longer available.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The relevant point is hospital beds and ICU units in particular are full with COVID patients amongst which the unvaccinated account for a disproportionately high number. 

The point you miss is the high demand the health services are seeing now is a lot lower than it would be without the lockdowns and other precautions. 

Well in the UK, doctors and nurses and general staff spent more time making tiktok videos as the only patients allowed in were covid positive. Hospital were not full at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, the problem is that lots of these patients are immunocompromised. So they weighed the risk of these people getting infected vs. getting treated. And of course, medical personnel were working overtime and around the clock to treat people who had filled up the ICU's. You know, people in immediate danger of dying.

Some maybe, but in the UK  the hospitals shut departments.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And omitted the ones that are less than convenient to your point of view.

Glad to help you fund those. 

Your help is not needed. All i have stated is fact, i f people wish to look in greater detail they are welcome.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Care to provide a link to back up what you are stating ?

I suggest you look at Daily sceptic which is a UK site but open to all.  On the right hand side you will find all the relevant information/stats you would need.

ALL of it researched with references.

• Haha 2