SURVEY: Jo Ferrari -- An opportunity for change or business as usual?

Scott

SURVEY: Jo Ferrari -- An opportunity for change or business as usual?  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Impossible to diagnose the motivations here. Things operate at too many levels, and most of us have barely got a grasp of one of them.

from a fully informed source, it was as stated.

A clandestine video recording that implicated many others -- collateral damage but of no consequence to the perpetrator .   

Edited by Artisi

6 minutes ago, peterpop said:

Big mouth as usual.  Some are honest and hard working and that includes my brother in law of 15 years.

correct, many posters just don't have a clue - only think the twisted media and this site in particular have the answers as to what is what - they keep regurgitating the same nonsense over and over adding a bit more  each time  ..... 

• Like 1

No. No opportunities for change. None. Change only comes from within, and it comes when it is wanted by the leadership. The opposite of change, is what they desperately want. Hey Prayuth, I doubt if you remember back this far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, and at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do.

You substituted 10 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire rotten 7 years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Problem is as far as we know BJ did not do anything wrong.  What he was accused of was blowing the whistle on corruption in Immigration.  Everything he did seemed to be for the good of the people.

Honestly I expect that he will eventually become police chief.

This is like the roaring 20's in the U.S. when cops were owned by the crooks.

The problem here is that the education levels are so low and the pay is so <deleted> that no one that has a real education wants to join.

If they are serious they will not only charge him with murder but also take a look at his finances and determine how he acquired his wealth.

Send him to prison without his pension and confiscate everything he and his family has.

That would send a message.

This case (the drugs) has them worried because it exposed the wealth particularly the cars, track that thru to the 600 disappeared illegally imported cars, auctions, removed CPU's, follow the money.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. No opportunities for change. None. Change only comes from within, and it comes when it is wanted by the leadership. The opposite of change, is what they desperately want. Hey Prayuth, I doubt if you remember back this far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, and at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do.

You substituted 10 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire rotten 7 years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

You should say what you really think instead of pussy footing around ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, djayz said:

A fish rots from the head.... 

It'll be back to business as usual soon, if not already. 

already. This is the fish that got caught. How many thousands more have been extorted or killed? Remember the 3,000 extrajudicial killings during Thaksin's war on drugs?

He may have been better than this mob for human rights but cops used his drug war to settle old scores & old debts.

Edited by unblocktheplanet
addition
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, djayz said:

Pay them better, yes, this would eliminate the need to accept bribes. Crackdown on corruption e.g. as they did in Hong Kong in the 60s and 70s, would deter and/catch many of the greedy ones from continuing the practice. 

Where there is a will, there is a way. 

Since there is no will to reform, there is no way the RTP will be reformed, or only cosmetically.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

correct, many posters just don't have a clue - only think the twisted media and this site in particular have the answers as to what is what - they keep regurgitating the same nonsense over and over adding a bit more  each time  ..... 

On behalf of the many, clueless posters on here I humbly apologise for us being many and clueless and posters. 

Frightfully sorry and all that. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, rott said:

On behalf of the many, clueless posters on here I humbly apologise for us being many and clueless and posters. 

I prefer you do not presume to speak for me.... just speak for yourself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peterpop said:

Big mouth as usual.  Some are honest and hard working and that includes my brother in law of 15 years.

Great.

Did you ask your brother in law already if all the cops in his station are honest? And if not, does he accept that the others take bribes? Or does he fight corruption on every level?

I imagine it is VERY difficult to be an honest cop in Thailand. 

• Like 2

More answer are possible. 

For me it's both the first and the last. This particular case will be "fixed" by the police, however the impact that this case has had, with the combination of everything on social media, will force a positive change in the long run. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, rott said:

Accepted if you wish to be included. 

7 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This is like the roaring 20's in the U.S. when cops were owned by the crooks.

Its no different now, its just that the crooks are big business along with the Govt.    Look at the Oxycontin pandemic as an easy example.  The main culprit, Purdu I think it was, was found guilty and fined 1 million bucks out of an annual income in the billions......does that sound like a penalty or just a 'drink'?

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its no different now, its just that the crooks are big business along with the Govt.    Look at the Oxycontin pandemic as an easy example.  The main culprit, Purdu I think it was, was found guilty and fined 1 million bucks out of an annual income in the billions......does that sound like a penalty or just a 'drink'?

There seems little doubt that 'victimless' white collar crime is treated much less seriously than 'normal' crimes.

No idea why.

They are not victimless and sentences are typically not a deterrent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I prefer you do not presume to speak for me.... just speak for yourself.

Excuse me but I will speak for whomever I wish to speak for. Especially after several Leo. 

Whether I make sense is neither here nor there. 

Everybody in that video knew their role, it was like a well oiled machine.  This guy gets stuff, that guys holds the suspect, big boss does his thing.  Everyone knows their cut of the spoils.  Another day at the office.  I’m sure a lot of criminal suspects die in custody here.  The only thing new is the video released to the public.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Thailand is a failed state and those who could lift Thailand out of its governmental misery is the electorate being scared to death, threatened with all sorts of mighty overpowering actions and hence ignorance and absolute disinteresting lack of change is the result. 

This country is haunted by all those crooks, thieves and murderers in literally all levels of the official Thailand ....... 

That is a very true but sad summation. Let us hope as the better educated younger people start replacing the dinosaurs they apply forward thinking  in place of the primate approach currently holding back Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That is a very true but sad summation. Let us hope as the better educated younger people start replacing the dinosaurs they apply forward thinking  in place of the primate approach currently holding back Thailand. 

Sadly, I think there are plenty of 'sons of' ready to step into the dinosaurs shoes in order to maintain the current status quo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, koele2 said:

Everybody in that video knew their role, it was like a well oiled machine.  This guy gets stuff, that guys holds the suspect, big boss does his thing.  Everyone knows their cut of the spoils.  Another day at the office.  I’m sure a lot of criminal suspects die in custody here.  The only thing new is the video released to the public.

About 90% correct, not understanding enough Thai, I'm told there was no mention of money etc, it was about who, why where is the king pin in the supply chain. 

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Sadly, I think there are plenty of 'sons of' ready to step into the dinosaurs shoes in order to maintain the current status quo.

Sure, it will be long term change unless a strong man gets into power and really starts kicking a rse. That will hopefully speed things up - but probably wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

I've seen too many years of major scandals just ending up nowhere.  Anybody remember the Blue Diamond case?   Then there was the shooting in a night club that nobody seemed to see.   The list is a long one, so there will be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth and then it will start going around in a circle until people just stop paying attention.  I really hope I am wrong, but corruption seems to be able to outsmart even social media.   

• Like 2

The police are a reflection of the community at large. its normal in this country to funnel and concentrate earnings within groups within the government.Its an undeniable flaw.Obviously for one person to have impounded so many cars tells you it was orchestrated this way deliberately.If anyone else had impounded the cars ,they might have had to share the money with other groups.In fact it will be very hard to prove with whom he will share the money with.That kind of information probably wont make it into the news,as it would start with defamation.But it's obvious to me that he was a small part of the jigsaw . The bosses connected to this saga will be under the microscope . They believe they are too high to be implicated.This is just an administrative error  .This is their weakness..Ever wondered why the tax on cars is so high?  It's designed to work this way and create grey areas that they earn from ! For him to say he was doing it for the country is laughable...Because we know he would not share the extortion money. He considered that his.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Artisi said:

I could not agree more to your hope; after all, many of us call this country home! But it took meteors and astroids to rid the planet of dinosaurs; just waiting for political astroids now to redo the action ....... 

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

I could not agree more to your hope; after all, many of us call this country home! But it took meteors and astroids to rid the planet of dinosaurs; just waiting for political astroids now to redo the action ....... 

It will happen, when and who is the question - sooner the better. 

• Like 1