South Korea Could Provide COVID-19 Vaccines to Thailand Next Month

webfact

4639e66729e4a87276f9bd1df40cafa3_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has revealed that South Korea is likely to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Thailand at the end of September.

Ministry spokesperson Tanee Sangrat said Foreign Affairs Minister Don Pramudwinai discussed collaboration on COVID-19 vaccines with South Korean Foreign Minister Chung Eui-yong during his visit to Thailand between August 26th and 28th, adding that this was the first visit by Mr. Chung after being appointed Foreign Minister.

The South Korean Minister said his country could provide vaccines to Thailand at the end of September, after fully vaccinating 70% of its population.

nnt.jpg

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The begging bowl is extended to all countries.

They don't say they are giving them to us or what vaccine they will supply. I'm thinking it's AZ but who knows it could be left over Sinovac vaccines. With all these vaccines coming, people are lining up for more and more. I heard one guy had 6jabs and still want's more. This <deleted> must go to the brain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

They don't say they are giving them to us or what vaccine they will supply. I'm thinking it's AZ but who knows it could be left over Sinovac vaccines. With all these vaccines coming, people are lining up for more and more. I heard one guy had 6jabs and still want's more. This <deleted> must go to the brain.

As of Aug 13, 2021, tThis is the cumulative number of various vaccination organized by manufacturer given by the South Korean government to its people. It was easily findable.

image.png.6eb9af40f12404cfe01dcd4056eb1099.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1219398/south-korea-covid-19-vaccinations-by-manufacturer/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Yes I am - it should not be viewed as a success - begging - this country is rich enough to buy vaccinations. There are countries without the resources of Thailand whose begging bowls should be filled first

The responder is correct as the focus should be on the vaccine shambles and the headlines should say "shameful Thailand....."

Remember the Thai deaths.....

Tell  the people who will be vaccinated if this happens that it's a failure.  And by the way, I didn't see the word "donate" anywhere in the article. The verb used is "provide".

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Tell  the people who will be vaccinated if this happens that it's a failure.  And by the way, I didn't see the word "donate" anywhere in the article. The verb used is "provide".

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It is good someone is supporting the general.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

It is good someone is supporting the general.

In other words, you don't know for a fact that South Korea is donating the vaccines or selling them. So you try to deflect by claiming that anyone who points out the flaws in your arguments is a supporter of the general? There a lot of room between reflexive cheerleading and reflexive scorn. At least for some of us.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In other words, you don't know for a fact that South Korea is donating the vaccines or selling them. So you try to deflect by claiming that anyone who points out the flaws in your arguments is a supporter of the general? There a lot of room between reflexive cheerleading and reflexive scorn. At least for some of us.

Zzzzzz

5 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Today we received a hint as foreign aid was offer by both China and South Korea who announced donations of vaccines and medical supplies to help Thailand fight its pressing Covid-19 pandemic.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-get-covid-19-foreign-aid-from-china-and-korea

Why do you continue to give this gov any kind of support when they have made such a shambles of this vaccination process here?  The gov brought this on themselves and likely have made a LOT of money from the procurement of Sinovac for Thailand.

Compassion for the Thai people is different.

I haven't hesitated to criticize the government for the many errors and worse that it has done. But why criticize them for getting something right? If behaving non-reflexively towards what the government does qualifies as support, then I'm guilty of it.