Joe Ferrari case: Death of suspect was by asphyxiation, not drug overdose

webfact

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

That's a shocker for the Aseannow detectives on here who were adamant that it was manslaughter !

Undeniable murder.

It could be either and depends on the quality of evidence presented to the court.

Murder is dependent on proof of malice AND an intent to murder whereas Manslaughter simply requires proof of the unlawful killing.  Some jurisdictions only allow Manslaughter as an alternative verdict to Murder for the court if the prosecution does not prove the elements of Murder beyond reasonable doubt.

Relevant law sections - 

Murder Death (Sections 288-294) | Thailand Law Library (siam-legal.com)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Besides the murder charge is anyone ever going to mention how he could afford the house and cars on a police salary? I believe the total value more than 15 million dollars. It seems that this is quite acceptable in the police dept.

I have formed the impression after reading about this is that the police get a slice of the proceeds of the drug dealers' assets that they catch to give an incentive. He was obviously quite open about his wealth, despite his poor salary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Besides the murder charge is anyone ever going to mention how he could afford the house and cars on a police salary? I believe the total value more than 15 million dollars. It seems that this is quite acceptable in the police dept.

Because he got his share (25%) of the value of the luxury items he seized from criminals. Apparently those are the rules in Thailand

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Just where is the victim’s girlfriend who is a key witness to the murder. I see no attempt by the police to find and protect her. I really fear for her life. 

The evidence is as clear as daylight, the CCTV is the witness and it doesn't lie, no need for his wife/girlfriend to come forward as she wasn't in the room.

They might want her to say, as reported, they let me go if I kept quiet, which we know won't be the case because she would fear for her life.

I can't see these bozos being released, if they are, there will be a massing uproar, suffice to say, the CCTV has got them good, so they will be made an example of to protect the rest of the corrupt force, all the way to the top, extending to all the other government departments that we know of.

I wouldn't want them to get the death penalty unless they go out the same way as the deceased, alternatively they can rot in a cell with 60 other inmates, if they can survive that.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

There are number of people posting confusing info on this thread.

"Jo Ferrari" has a gf who is a minor Tv presenter and appears on Channel 31 - her name is Baetoey Sirisit.

Her father is Pol Maj Gen Apichart Sirisit who is the head of Provincial Police Region 6 (which Nakhon Sawan is in) - therefore his "boss" is his gf's Dad.

Jo far right with gf. Centre red tie Pol Maj Gen Sirisit.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/go-back-and-read-bai-toei-the-daughter-of-the-police-commissioner-6-mention-sweetheart-director-jo-is-a-very-naive-person/

132086209_200114715089263_5948553086552086526_n.jpg

Must feel nice, having a killer in your family.

Have you seen his arms? Little Rambo. If he would face a real criminal, he would run like Usain Bold.

In all the other news on this sublect it says he was cremated the day after so how can a second autopsy come about. Also I could believe that no 1st autopsy had been done just the urine test to confirm drugs in his system and then send a bill for a full autopsy. It seems the hospital are still covering up and why isn't the doctor who supposedly did the autopsy being detained unless they can see from the video that it was suffocation and not drugs and that's the basis of a second autopsy with no body 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The evidence is as clear as daylight, the CCTV is the witness and it doesn't lie, no need for his wife/girlfriend to come forward as she wasn't in the room.

They might want her to say, as reported, they let me go if I kept quiet, which we know won't be the case because she would fear for her life.

I can't see these bozos being released, if they are, there will be a massing uproar, suffice to say, the CCTV has got them good, so they will be made an example of to protect the rest of the corrupt force, all the way to the top, extending to all the other government departments that we know of.

I wouldn't want them to get the death penalty unless they go out the same way as the deceased, alternatively they can rot in a cell with 60 other inmates, if they can survive that.

No mentioning of the poor low ranked chap. Is he still alive?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Joe maybe too much of a hot potato now and could just be the sacrificial lamb the force needs to uphold "Police integrity" in the public eye .......... if he has been deserted. Lets see the creative spin unfold. I am mildly surprised that no further historical "skeletons" have fallen out of the proverbial cupboard at this stage though. I doubt that this was his first rodeo.

He could well become the sacrificial lamb when the "number crunchers" working up above work out how much they have had out of his dealings to how much he has acquired.

I bet even the Generals are shocked at how much personal wealth has been amassed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Who's to say that the (probably low-quality) drugs he had taken didn't cause his throat to swell when under stress and that was what stopped his oxygen supply!? ????????????

If you think my twisted idea is daft, wait to see what Joe's defence team come up with, and they will do it with a straight face!

He will wriggle out, or go to a suitable place that nobody has ever heard of that doesn't  receive visitors, 

• Like 1