No special favors for Porsche driving doctor who killed two people in Bangkok crash

webfact

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Doctors at the Police Hospital, regardless of titles, are not paid by the RTP.    We are not talking about medical personnel who are employed directly by the police force in this case and that seems to be what you are referring to.

You understand the difference between a title and a rank?

2 hours ago, Airalee said:

Why would you compare one of the most expensive 911s to the least expensive Cayenne?  Using your logic, I could call the 911 the poor mans Porsche.

A96A54E2-916F-4C7A-91B3-652D9C6C94FD.jpeg

BA318408-81C6-4D04-9291-C7916FF427E5.jpeg

Another Troll, Why make nonsense comments

You are quoting the top model Porche Cayenne and the base model Porche 911

Look at the website posted earlier, sort by "lowest to highest price" cheapest Porches are Cayenne's, there's several under  1M baht

If you are a Porche guy, you know the Boxster's and Cayenne's are the cheaper Porche models.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/porsche?sort=price.asc

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Doctors at the Police Hospital, regardless of titles, are not paid by the RTP.    We are not talking about medical personnel who are employed directly by the police force in this case and that seems to be what you are referring to.

You understand the difference between a title and a rank?

Do you understand the difference between a Police General Hospital doctor and a RTP employee?

5 hours ago, samtam said:

I think "A Police Hospital doctor" means he's a doctor who works at the Police Hospital, not that's he works for the police. As with all hospitals, doctors work at several, so I don't think I would read too much into the misleading opening of the article.

Like the good doctor who helped Jo Ferrari?

A real doctor who helps police cases.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you understand the difference between a Police General Hospital doctor and a RTP employee?

What are you on about? When did this honorary title of Lieutenant start getting bestowed on anyone outside of the RTP?

You are simply making things up at this point.

The FACT is he has a RANK of Lieutenant ergo he is a member of the RTP and is employed by the RTP.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'll have to do better than "blah blah".   Specify what figures you want and I'll try to help you.    A doctors specific medical qualifications and responsibilities and how many hospitals/clinics he serves and the finance terms, you know, price, deposit, term, interest rate, would be good places to start.

Maybe he is independently comfortable and purchased it without regard to his income.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'll have to do better than "blah blah".   Specify what figures you want and I'll try to help you.    A doctors specific medical qualifications and responsibilities and how many hospitals/clinics he serves and the finance terms, you know, price, deposit, term, interest rate, would be good places to start.

More blah blah - defend your self with some facts please. 

Zzzzzzz

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, samtam said:

I think "A Police Hospital doctor" means he's a doctor who works at the Police Hospital, not that's he works for the police. As with all hospitals, doctors work at several, so I don't think I would read too much into the misleading opening of the article.

The article says he's a police Lieutenant. That makes him a copper. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Lord help us all from these kind of posts

Any idea how much a Thai doctor earns?

Any idea what the finance payments are on a porche with 200% import tax?

Blah Blah

No idea what a Thai doctor earns but I do know the price of the car is between 9 and 11,000,000. As for financing it your guess is as good as mine. 

What ever way you look at it, it's an expensive vehicle.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Finance perhaps, as most people do?   

He's a doctor, not a "police doctor" a phrase you seem to be using to suggest that he's not paid that much.

Described in the OP as " Lieutenant" which rather indicates that is he is a uniformed member...

• Like 1

In that case maybe you could explain his rank of lieutenant.

7 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

How can a police doctor afford a new imported Porche?

Is he a friend of Jo?

No, he have a private clinic, like many of them.

This week I visit one of that running by a doctor who is working in a government hospital.

I think I don't have to explain you how people like that affordable a Porsch Cayenne.

The day before I make an appointment for about 12:30.

I was on time that day but when I was waiting I see they bringing food in.

After 15 minutes his assistent come to me and ask to come back after 1 hour and 15 minutes......

He can't help me.

Edited by Peterphuket

34 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

In that case maybe you could explain his rank of lieutenant.

34 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Described in the OP as " Lieutenant" which rather indicates that is he is a uniformed member...

46 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

The article says he's a police Lieutenant. That makes him a copper. 

You are correct; a lieutenant colonel and his/her name, which is unusual, (the naming of names). It would be interesting to know how these ranks are attained. Does one train as a doctor, then as a police officer? Or are they honorary titles? I have always heard good things about the Police Hospital in its abilities and facilities, which is not surprising, given their "customer base's" exposure to harm and injury.

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • Advanced Members
  • 2421 posts
  6 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I know a dr that works at a few hospitals, she also works at the police hospital and is a police officer with a rank. There are a large number of Dr's that hold police ranks,  i believe  this guys rank is mentioned 

You are correct; a lieutenant colonel and his/her name, which is unusual, (the naming of names). It would be interesting to know how these ranks are attained. Does one train as a doctor, then as a police officer? Or are they honorary titles? I have always heard good things about the Police Hospital in its abilities and facilities, which is not surprising, given their "customer base's" exposure to harm and injury.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I have always heard good things about the Police Hospital in its abilities and facilities, which is not surprising, given their "customer base's" exposure to harm and injury.

In my neck of the woods they take great care to avoid any such exposure - you simply never see them after dark, in fact they don't even go out in the rain!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Police General Hospital is a public hospital that anyone can use, it's not exclusive to members of the police force.

And the profit earned from that hospital goes where?  Swear to G-d it's like the mafia, only with uniforms.  Their not patrolling the streets, their involvement with crime is like a middle man to resolve things financially between the parties and get their cut thus keeping the insurance companies from paying out, what is their purpose in society really?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DrPhibes said:

And the profit earned from that hospital goes where?  Swear to G-d it's like the mafia, only with uniforms.  Their not patrolling the streets, their involvement with crime is like a middle man to resolve things financially between the parties and get their cut thus keeping the insurance companies from paying out, what is their purpose in society really?

Someone did post on here ages ago that the RTP are the largest organized crime syndicate in the world....pretty much spot on.

If the picture is the Porsche, then these cars do not do very well in an accident.

Glad the doctor does not get special treatment, as in being sent to a special jail with

luxuries, as where the rich go when they are bad.

Geezer

17 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

No idea what a Thai doctor earns but I do know the price of the car is between 9 and 11,000,000. As for financing it your guess is as good as mine. 

What ever way you look at it, it's an expensive vehicle.

Thanks - so lets look at the numbers we have- take 9m at 7% per year (I know that is the property rate but lets use it) - 630,000 bhat per year in interest (no loan repayments). Then the repayments, then eating, living... no way in this reality on a police lieutenant doctor salary.

End discussion.

1 minute ago, Scrotobike said:

Thanks - so lets look at the numbers we have- take 9m at 7% per year (I know that is the property rate but lets use it) - 630,000 bhat per year in interest (no loan repayments). Then the repayments, then eating, living... no way in this reality on a police lieutenant doctor salary.

End discussion.

You do not know what his financial position is, he may be independly wealth through birth or sheer dent of hard work and being frugal.  

What deposit did he pay, was it being leased or part of a salary package?

Many assumptions being made about his finances about which we know nothing

28 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You do not know what his financial position is, he may be independly wealth through birth or sheer dent of hard work and being frugal.  

What deposit did he pay, was it being leased or part of a salary package?

Many assumptions being made about his finances about which we know nothing

Did I? I just compared the finance costs to a normal salary - are you saying he is as rich as Jo?

19 hours ago, Airalee said:
19 hours ago, VYCM said:

You are quoting the top model Porche Cayenne and the base model Porche 911

That is exactly what you did, but in reverse.

The Porsche Cayenne that I compared with was not the base model, it was 7.5M Baht
You can buy a new Porsche Cayenne for 6M Baht.
Why are you annoying me with your ridiculous comments?
I found this article for you ''The ‘Poor Man’s Porsche’: Explained', read it, get educated, the Cayenne made this document.

https://www.torquenews.com/9900/poor-man-s-porsche-explained

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Did I? I just compared the finance costs to a normal salary - are you saying he is as rich as Jo?

I have no idea about his financials, nor do you.

He may well be independently wealthy, no idea.

It is a fairly ordinary car though