Fit to fly

What Is a Fit-to-Fly Certificate?

COVID-19 Fit-To-Fly medical certificates certify that the holder of the travel health form has tested negative recently for COVID-19.

Fit-to-Fly medical certification generally requires travelers to show proof of negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results up to 72 hours before departure

The U.S. requires the 72 hour rule.  An Antigen test is also accepted.  The place you get the test should provide you with a certificate of negative test.

Edited by bkk6060

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not sure, but I think it can be obtained from a Dr at a hospital , basically you are fit to fly, no underlying problems to prevent you getting on a plane, HTH ????

Absolutely, this is obtained by any doctor. Pre-Covid it was required by some airline companies for pregnant women.  

Give the CDC website a quick read on the requirements for flying into the USA, I read it as showing a negative viral test within 3 days of flying, no "fit to fly"/healthcare provider letter needed UNLESS you are recovering from COIVD.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

• Like 2

Fit to Fly as requested by Thailand when I got my CoE was  load of nonsense, probably copied from a medical somewhere.  Include the option to have to fly Business Class nd wheel chair assistance.   What I actually had was the words "Fit to Fly" on my negative PCR Covid test don before flying.  This appeared to e standard on the 'negative Covid' report I got.  Accepted by Airline and authorities on my journey to Thailand.

• Like 2

Things may have changed by now, but when my wife and I flew to Spain from Thailand a month ago I took the precaution of getting a PCR test in Bangkok beforehand, because it was in the middle of the latest surge and I was concerned EU might flag Thailand as high-risk. The company I got my covid test from (MedConsult) issued a fit-to-fly along with the PCR test at no additional charge.

While I realize you're going to the US, the key point is the fit-to-fly cert comes free with a PCR test if you get tested at MedConsult should you decide/or even need to get tested before your flight(I can't speak for the other testing centers).

Neither of the KLM flights I flew asked for the fit-to-fly, but I was glad I opted to get the PCR test, because it gave me some additional confidence at a time when things were very fluid. And though it was not required, KLM did take the information from our PCR certs at check-in and entered it into their system.

Our flight from BKK and connection through Schiphol went off without a hitch.