Koh Larn officials reiterate: People are now welcome to visit, vaccinated or not, beaches open from tomorrow

snoop1130

kohlarnfood-768x404-1-696x366.jpg

The Koh Larn Local Committee last night (August 30th) has updated their orders which specifically mention that being vaccinated or testing for Covid is NOT required to visit.

On August 28th, 2021, they have issued their previous rules. The Koh Larn committee has significant say in the island’s policies and rules, many of them original residents or descendants of original residents of the island.

Last night they have issued the latest rules which will take effect from September 1st. These rules were updated and specifically mention that being vaccinated or testing for covid is NOT required to visit. Ferry service is 7:00 A.M., midday, and 5:30 P.M.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/31/koh-larn-officials-reiterate-people-are-now-welcome-to-visit-vaccinated-or-not-beaches-open-from-tomorrow/

PattayaNews.jpg

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Last night they have issued the latest rules which will take effect from September 1st. These rules were updated and specifically mention that being vaccinated or testing for covid is NOT required to visit. Ferry service is 7:00 A.M., midday, and 5:30 P.M

Best of luck...

• Like 1

Don't believe them, they say one thing then when you get there they want a passport and the phone app. Been turned away before not going to rush up there from Sattahip for some little dictator to refuse entry on some technicality. Also wrong time of year to make the crossing on the pathetic rickety old boats or drunken speed boat operators best to wait until November give them time to sort it all out without changing their minds daily, weather will be better by then.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, paulikens said:

@hotchilli the viewpoint being....  just cower behind the sofa for the rest of your life or the other viewpoint crack on with life cuz covid is going nowhere.  

For those not vaccinated, Covid is sufficiently dangerous for them to take reasonable precautions. I suspect that Koh Larn will close again before the end of the month. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:22 AM, Espanol said:

So, Pattaya beaches still closed but Koh Larn beaches already open. 

A good reason to visit the island. 

Pattaya beaches are also opened as far as I know.  I think they are also going to allow swimming pools in Pattaya to open with some restrictions.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, petermik said:

Stay away your,e not wanted was the cry a few weeks ago....now it,s ooh please come back we need your money......

Maybe they just want YOU and people like you to stay away.

Edited by shdmn

19 hours ago, paulikens said:

@hotchilli the viewpoint being....  just cower behind the sofa for the rest of your life or the other viewpoint crack on with life cuz covid is going nowhere.  

No I will travel again within Thailand,  but only when I am fully jabbed.
Like I said, different viewpoints.

• Like 1

They likely need to add some common sense to these messages.

'Yes you can go but you risk getting covid taking it back to your elderly family members who risk catching it and dying.'

Or they could go even blunter 'If you are not vaccinated there is a good chance you will kill your grannie on returning home'

It is going to be the only option at some point that its in the hands of individuals to make the risk call, we are fairly stupid though and it might take two trips and both their grannies before the message sinks in.

I'd likely go though but I would not be bringing back that risk to an old family member, in fact rather than your own vaccine passport we should be asked to show that any old people we live with have been vaccinated. 

14 hours ago, Bangel72 said:

'Yes you can go but you risk getting covid taking it back to your elderly family members who risk catching it and dying.'

I might well be fully jabbed up very soon and hence 2 weeks after then be as personally protected as I might ever be, But my Mrs will still only have had her one Sinovac, and that isn't protection enough.... and how long after her second (presumably AZ) will it be before she is safe and can go off to visit her mother, who herself is a little behind the Mrs schedule? Temptation is to exit Central Festival and be straight down Soi Honey, but better not eh!

• Like 1