What vaccine?

Badrabbit

19 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Best, not so good, worst, what does it matter in the great scheme of things?  So long as you avoid any of the Chinese produced <deleted>, (a lot of governments seem to have forgotten that it was those irresponsible morons who started this whole thing in the first place),  anything else is a hell of a lot better that nothing at all, or arguing the odds and waiting for your 'choice'. I very much doubt that there is anyone on this forum who has the knowledge or expertise to answer the OPs question with any level of authority. 

Including you.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ClaySmc said:

Two Sinovac doses boosted immunity to around 117 AU while two AstraZeneca boosted it to 207. However, with the Sinovac-AstraZeneca cocktail, immunity soared to an average of 716.

Meanwhile, two shots of Sinovac followed by an AstraZeneca booster saw recipients’ immunity surge to 1700.

Sinovac then AstraZeneca offers higher immunity than 2 doses of same brand (nationthailand.com)

I think this study is why the Thai govt. started using the combo of Sinovac and AZ.

Another Thai study, another doctor..... hmmmmm,  don't have much choice when Sinovac is abundant !  

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Each to his own I guess.

I wanted to get the process rolling as quickly as possible so went for Sinovac (no choice), but then was offered AZ which I went for.

Hopefully I have a degree of protection now and will look to back it up with Pfizer or metal free Moderna.

Sinovac , AZ ,  Pfizer =  a Heinz vaccine , to be sure , to be sure , to be sure 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

In my case I have been to four or five different private hospitals within the last 8 years. I would imagine that each one only has records pertaining to the particular reason/ailment I went to them for. 

I have also been to the local University Hospital in the last year, who knows what they have.........well only the stuff I have told them.

I had my first vaccination yesterday. I had to get a hospital number, as I have not been to a hospital where I was given one previously.

I suggest that it matters not whether you have a number of not. It took no more than 5 minutes to enter my information on their system to issue me a number.

20 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Like many here, you naively spread the geopolitical propaganda which consists in defending the products of your camp and devaluing others.

In reality all the vaccines validated by the WHO are more or less equal with differences which are more due to the protocol (arn, antiviral ...) than to the producing country.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/08/18/two-sinovac-doses-98-effective-against-death-severe-symptoms-thai-expert

“Comparing 598 samples of infected patients who have never been vaccinated, the Sinovac jabs have shown 98 per cent efficacy in keeping patients from developing severe symptoms and or death.”

Not only naive, but down right dangerous. And libelous.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

That's why I said, if done in different countries, different conditions, different time, the percentage will change.

A clinical trials done in a sparsely populated country like Australia will have higher efficacy than done in a densely populated country like Indonesia or India because the chances of getting infected is higher in densely populated areas.

You are a statistician and/or epidemiologist?

14 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

From this MD: for now take any vaccine you can get. Sometimes you want a Mercedes with A/C but can only get a tuk-tuk to get you somewhere. Any vaccine will protect you from serious illness, an ICU or a grave. Soon the rich countries will be saturated, vaccines will be produced by the millions and your next upgrade can be of your choice.

My thoughts exactly, something is better than nothing.

Get vaccinated now with whatever and worry about what to do afterwards when there are other choices available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

From this MD: for now take any vaccine you can get. Sometimes you want a Mercedes with A/C but can only get a tuk-tuk to get you somewhere. Any vaccine will protect you from serious illness, an ICU or a grave. Soon the rich countries will be saturated, vaccines will be produced by the millions and your next upgrade can be of your choice.

Or maybe a Yugo? ????

22 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm not keen on the mix,

Everyone need to make own decision depends on medical record and personal opinion, but IMO I decided to take Sinovac (that is a basic old fashion vaccine) and AZ. I can survive for now and wait for 2nd AZ as a booster when available (perhaps next year). For now a bit peace of mind. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Everyone need to make own decision depends on medical record and personal opinion, but IMO I decided to take Sinovac (that is a basic old fashion vaccine) and AZ. I can survive for now and wait for 2nd AZ as a booster when available (perhaps next year). For now a bit peace of mind. 

Agree.

At 65, living in Khlog Toei and out every other night it was a no brainer.....Sinovac+AZ. Job done (for now)

How do I find out if I do need medical cert and records to receive the Pfizer jabs, I'm 65 and in Phuket, it clearly says they are needed.

Vaccination Registration for Foreign residents aged 60 years old and above

Or Foreign residents aged over 18 who have had at least one of these 8 underlying medical conditions (Medical certificate and medical record REQUIRED!!)

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Like many here, you naively spread the geopolitical propaganda which consists in defending the products of your camp and devaluing others.

In reality all the vaccines validated by the WHO are more or less equal with differences which are more due to the protocol (arn, antiviral ...) than to the producing country.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/08/18/two-sinovac-doses-98-effective-against-death-severe-symptoms-thai-expert

“Comparing 598 samples of infected patients who have never been vaccinated, the Sinovac jabs have shown 98 per cent efficacy in keeping patients from developing severe symptoms and or death.”

Unfortunate quote- what were they comparing the 598 unvaccinated samples with? If those 598 were prevented from severe symptoms or death by NOT having Sinovac it proves that Sinovac is 100pc innafective!

3 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

You are a statistician and/or epidemiologist?

I did university level electives on several Statistics course and several Microbiology/Genetics course.

Edited by EricTh

On 9/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, Badrabbit said:

I've used 3 hospitals does that mean I have to get records from all 3?

I think the only pertinent records would be ones that issued a Medical Certificate for one of the “underlying conditions”.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:28 PM, Badrabbit said:

I'm booked to receive the Sinovac then AZ but I'm not keen on the mix, would it be better to wait for both AZ, Pfizer is now available but you need Medical Certificate and your Medical records, is it simple to get your records from a Private Hospital and would it be free!

Free depends on your age... if under 60 you're likely as you say get the Sino/AZ mix

I hung-out for the AZ double shot in my province, over 60

Otherwise it's see what hospital as what you want and pay for it.

1 minute ago, wwest5829 said:

I think the only pertinent records would be ones that issued a Medical Certificate for one of the “underlying conditions”.

Yes I have sorted it now, been to the Hospital to get the record of the TIA Stroke I had about 2.5yrs ago.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Free depends on your age... if under 60 you're likely as you say get the Sino/AZ mix

I hung-out for the AZ double shot in my province, over 60

Otherwise it's see what hospital as what you want and pay for it.

I've just booked the Pfizer jabs, feel happier with that rather than a mix.

• Like 1