Prayut says AstraZeneca picked SBS as partner, not the government

webfact

the AZ wanted thailand as local distributor for ASEAN.

India has it's own very large population, and the rest of the whole world, to supply with vac. But even than they are relying on many ingredients shipped directly to them from the AZ. There was time in the early spring, when they were short of stock, to the point of threatening production. So they have banned export.

Production in thailand is cheaper, than in korea, japan, that's probably why thailand was chosen by the AZ. And those 2 countries probably did not want to tie itself to just one vax, as thailand, inevitable, did.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

Has had lots of practice but not very good at lying. This one beggars belief.

Why on earth would AZ choose a [choose adjectives carefully] company to represent it and its product not just in Thailand but throughout SEA?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The government said on Thursday that it was AstraZeneca who was the one that picked Siam Bioscience (SBS) as the producer of its vaccine in Thailand, not the government, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha said during the censure debate.

A decision I don't think AZ anticipated would end up like it did.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How does one pick a company that did not even have a lab built to process and produce a vaccine.  Did AZ pay for the build of the facility as well.  Why would AZ pick Thailand when there were labs in India and Japan already who process vaccinations.......someones telling porkies again.  I await the rebuttal letter from AZ like with the AZ vaccine promises per month....just laughable, and sad.  The walls are closing in it would appear.

It all kind of makes one wonder if there were any ' Gov,t Inducement " packages offered to AZ, in the way  of Tax breaks Etc to set up the SB project in Thailand.

Having owned a Business for Years, I certainly would not have taken the " flyer " on SB that AZ seems to have done.

And their combined Brains are a damn sight better than mine in doing due diligences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Actually, the real Department that chose AZ will never & cannot be criticized inside Thailand.

I thought more of you would have read the overseas articles on this what is a very old subject now.

The Cabinet in total was just a passenger, he is right

Correct, I posted a link to the ownership etc, however was deleted