Amulet to the rescue! "Miracle" escape as Thai man loses it on bend and crashes into hotel wall

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Bang Len police in Nakhon Pathom province in central Thailand responded after a 25 year old Thai man lost control of his Isuzu pick-up on a bend.

The vehicle was just scrap metal, observed Daily News in their predictable headline and first paragraph that spoke of a "miracle". 

They publish a picture of the driver sitting on part of the wreckage.

A rescue foundation had to cut Thammathat Wong-oud out. But apart from a few chest pains received when colliding with the steering wheel he was none the worse for wear.

He was taken to the local hospital for a checkup.

He had collided with the front wall of the Mom Chailai River Retreat Hotel yesterday, apparently in the early morning hours of darkness.

His mother told the media that her son was transporting a consignment of fresh prawns from Bang Len market to Mahachai market in Samut Sakhon when he hit the concrete wall.

She said the reason was that the bend was not well lit. 

She observed that her son was only slightly injured and she put this down to the Luang Pu Paew amulet around his neck.

"He never leaves home without it", she said. 

Police will be speaking to Thammathat again to determine exactly what transpired. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Ahh Bless! Motherly love is so sweet...

"He is my son and therefore can never be at fault for anything...." 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

She observed that her son was only slightly injured and she put this down to the Luang Pu Paew amulet around his neck.

I’m still waiting for the day when a Thai says: yes it was my fault, I was speeding or not paying attention or….. But I know I’ll see pigs fly before that ever happens.

if the amulets actually provided real protection, then wouldn’t we never have casualties? 

On 9/3/2021 at 11:19 AM, keith101 said:

With that much damage i would say that speed was the major factor and not so much the lighting unless he didn't have the headlights on .

Maybe heavy tint on the windscreen. Those d*m bends and curves in Thailand are always to blame init ????