Need "yellow book" to record covid injection?

After getting my 2 Asta zennica injections in Thailand I plan to travel overseas.  Do I need to record injections in a World Health Organization "yellow book" for injections to be accepted in other countries like the Philippines and Indonesia or will my Thai covid injections documents and confirmation on thai covid app be enough? Thanks

18 hours ago, George masaoka said:

Do I need to record injections in a World Health Organization "yellow book" for injections to be accepted in other countries like the Philippines and Indonesia or will my Thai covid injections documents and confirmation on thai covid app be enough?

I copied and pasted the below from another post of 4 hours ago compliments @BBKBike09 which is pretty self explanatory.

The following video from the MOPH CDC explains in simple terms how to apply for the Travel Certificate. The video is in Thai but has English sub-titles. It makes it sound simple. While it is not hugely complicated, it is quite time-consuming because it requires in-person application, unless you can authorise someone to apply on your behalf. One of my staff did it for me, at the main MOPH building. I believe it cost THB 150 in official fees.

• Thanks 2

The 'Yellow Vaccination Book" is not an official document. It is only a record book for you to keep a record of your vaccinations. Sadly, I lost 2 back in 1997 when I was being a bad boy and got arrested. They were in my briefcase, which was put into 'storage' by the police, but was not there when I was released. No one in the past 25 yrs of traveling all over the ME & SEA has ever asked to see one.  It is purely a record book.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 2

I appreciate everyone's input.

I looked at the video suggested and will try to get the Thai "yellow book" at MOPH.

If anyone has actual experience traveling internationally with Thai certificate of covid injection (either Thai yellow book or document showing 2 shots) if would be greatful to hear from you

• Like 1

Jen65,

So the Thai yellow book if filled out correctly is recognized by WHO as an official record and should be acceptable for international travel.

Thanks much for information . It sounds reasonable and I'll go with that. I will also bring my Thai certificate of 2 injections and Thai app.

11 hours ago, George masaoka said:

I appreciate everyone's input.

I looked at the video suggested and will try to get the Thai "yellow book" at MOPH.

If anyone has actual experience traveling internationally with Thai certificate of covid injection (either Thai yellow book or document showing 2 shots) if would be greatful to hear from you

I'd suggest trying to verify before travel with the embassy of the country concerned whether the Thai MOPH-issued certificate is acceptable. It should be, because it's an international standard. However, call me jaded if you like, but I can easily see a situation in somewhere like the Philippines where officials at the airport claim that it is not acceptable but that for a "fee" of USD 100 they will issue an endorsement to allow you in.

I used the Thai issued certificate for Yellow Fever when going to Goma DRC from Rwanda a few years back. The DRC officials said I didn't have some other vaccination that was mandatory (Meningitis?) but for USD100 they could give me the shot there and then. It was a complete con: the only mandatory vaccine was Yellow Fever, and like I was really going to let some dude in a dusty room without glass in the window stick a needle in me ... stood my ground but wasted an hour. (Next trip a few months later I flew in to Goma and the 'missing' vaccination wasn't mentioned, although they tried a different scam that time relating to my visa). 

BKKBike09,

Great input.  I'll plan on contact/visit embassies in Bangkok of counties I want to travel to and show them what I have as documents , like the Thai yellow certificate book.  They should tell me if acceptable or what I need.

I should have thought of that.  Thanks much!

A list of the places that can issue the Certificate would be very useful.  When I had my vacc., I showed my passport , but no mention of this International Cert.  I did get my passport number included on my Vaccination Cert.

At first I thought I could use the Vaccination certificate where I got my injections for international travel.  After all, it has my passport number.

But from comments on this forum I am going to get a certificate from the MOPH because as Kuhn Jen65 pointed out, it it's an official document from the Thai government recognized by WHO.   So I think that it's the best and most logical way to go.  That's because as far as I know, there is no international standard document SPECIFICALLY  for covid injections certification .  So every government MUST rely on the official documents of other countries.  And a stamped certificate from the MOPH is about the most "official"  health document you can get in Thailand.

I understand there is the WHO yellow book for international certificate of vaccination.  But l have traveled in Asia for 25 years and like so many others, have not been asked to show it once.  I am wondering if most Asian immigration officials have ever seen one.

I haven't looked for location of MOPH as yet.  Any info where it is on Phuket and their experience in getting covid certificate from them is appreciated.  Thanks

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I copied and pasted the below from another post of 4 hours ago compliments @BBKBike09 which is pretty self explanatory.

The following video from the MOPH CDC explains in simple terms how to apply for the Travel Certificate. The video is in Thai but has English sub-titles. It makes it sound simple. While it is not hugely complicated, it is quite time-consuming because it requires in-person application, unless you can authorise someone to apply on your behalf. One of my staff did it for me, at the main MOPH building. I believe it cost THB 150 in official fees.

21 minutes ago, Rawairat said:

In Phuket I got mine from the information desk for B50 took about 5 days. It does say for International travel on the inside of the cover. I believe you will still need the PCR tests etc before you can fly.

Where's the information desk in Phuket ?  

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Plenty of my mates here in Chiang Mai have these and I have been with them when applying. Simple and took about 5 mins. You do have to do two visits. Apply day 1, collect in a weeks time 50 Baht. Has name, passport number and jabs received on it. Plenty of room for boosters.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Where's the information desk in Phuket ?  

I believe you have to go to this office, copy and paste the below into Google Maps: 

Phuket Provincial Health Dept, Narisson Road, ตำบล ตลาดใหญ่ Mueang Phuket District, Phuket

Alternatively you can Google them for a phone number.

• Thanks 1

I notice that my Yellow book has no passport number, but am in Europe so not an issue.

But to those who have one with a passport number, do they just stick a new label over the old passport number with the new number, when the old one has run out?

And if you were a woman, who got married, then do they stick a label over the name? Would look a bit suspicious then, my wife had this, I told her to get a new book before being vaccinated, as having sticky labels on this kind of document, at this time, is very suspicious and raises questions

11 hours ago, George masaoka said:

Jen65,

So the Thai yellow book if filled out correctly is recognized by WHO as an official record and should be acceptable for international travel.

Thanks much for information . It sounds reasonable and I'll go with that. I will also bring my Thai certificate of 2 injections and Thai app.

The International Certificate of Vaccination ( Form of Certificate prescribed by the International Health Regulations , and coloured Yellow was brought in mainly to record the only disease (at that time) for which mandatory proof of vaccination for entry to a State party is required ie Yellow Fever .   However they included space for persons to record other vaccinations and as long as that is done as prescribed then the document is accepted .   ALL seafarers had to have this during my time at sea .  Also , as stated elsewhere on this topic , if one can have a recognized document listing ALL ones vaccinations it does compress everything into one small booklet which is easily included in your passport rather that than having endless bits of paper . Much easier to check on ones status and due dates etc .    

On 9/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

The 'Yellow Vaccination Book" is not an official document. It is only a record book for you to keep a record of your vaccinations. Sadly, I lost 2 back in 1997 when I was being a bad boy and got arrested. They were in my briefcase, which was put into 'storage' by the police, but was not there when I was released. No one in the past 25 yrs of traveling all over the ME & SEA has ever asked to see one.  It is purely a record book.

They do ask in some African countries.... Nigeria, etc...

• Like 1

I see some here have given credence to this "passport" because it is "recognised by the WHO". 

But the WHO is not a country and has no immigration clout, staff or dept. 

I assume the document is useless unless a country specifically says they will accept it. I have not seen any list of those yet?

BTW WHO still don't have AZ Thai on their approved list.

Edited by Whale

I am located on Samui.

When I had my first AZ jab ( second one due on 20th September), I was told, "Two weeks after second vaccination, make an appointment at Nathon Government hospital to get certificate of vaccination. Take the yellow card you were given at time of vaccination as proof and they will issue official certificate."

1 minute ago, Whale said:

I see some here have given credence to this "passport" because it is "recognised by the WHO". 

But the WHO is not a country and has no immigration staff or dept. 

I assume the document is useless unless a country specifically says they will accept it.

BTW WHO still don't have AZ Thai on their approved list.

AZ are in the process of getting Vaxrevia? registered according to their website.