Foreigners who join anti-govt protests face deportation and blacklist: Thai police

webfact

I did not read all of the comments and likely someone has already mentioned this

but even though i am not a fan of this government at all i do agree with what

they are saying about foreigners not being allowed to protest.

imagine this

Don't be alarmed the letter said,

but mr. Brown ,your son is dead.

and it came from Bangkok.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

I think being a visitor to the country we should respect their laws....whether we agree with them is another matter.

I obey the laws of any land that I am in. What others "should" do is their businesses.  Can't figure out who the  "we" are.  Perhaps replace with "I"?

Expressing opinion on an online forum is not protesting in the streets. I can’t remember the govt ever threatening members of Thvisa for posting anti govt opinions. But out in the streets? Well anybody here with a freaking brain should know that’s just plain stupid.  BTW, tell me any country that provides foreigners with the same rights and privileges as citizens. If you’re choosing to live in a foreign country BE ADAPTABLE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It almost seems like they are scared of us. Any military led country is scared of everybody and anybody that might overthrow their control by gun. Look at the biggest example China, then followed by countries like Russia, Myanmar, N. Korea, Afghanistan, and that nasty piece of garbage controlling Belarus. In “my world” there would be an international UN military force who would tell these despots, you have a month to change, after that the international military will come in and either arrest you, or kill you. If your arrested you will go on trial at The Hague. The military force would only need to invade once to prove a point, then the other despots would change their system pretty quickly. I know I am dreaming….but everything starts out as a dream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ben2talk said:

So publicly they are saying they will punish anyone who excercises freedom of speech, there is no right to a POV, there's no right to complain....

Only the right of the regime to demand impunity and take down anyone that threatens it...

They just warned foreigners to stay away. Makes perfect sense to others I am sure.

6 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You go ahead and have that printed on a t-shirt (recommend both Thai & English) then get into the thick of the protests. Make sure you are VERY active, VERY vocal. Let us know how that works out for you.

Nah buddy, you go ahead and prove your contrary point, that is, if you have one.

• Haha 2