Foreigners who join anti-govt protests face deportation and blacklist: Thai police

webfact

Firstly if you respect the Country's culture, you are 90% there. Secondly a little humor goes a very long way , Specially in Thai thinking. If at the end you can't get through just walk away.

When I did crowd control I used to joke with them to move them back by saying, my feet are very heavy not want to stand on yours if in hurry and not see, so they moved back and stayed there. Had I demanded they do this. Well you can guess the answer. Worked every time and the Thais were still smiling.

So Live and let Live with respect.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

“comply” rather than “respect” I submit. very hard for westerners to “respect” the cultural outcomes all around us here…isn’t it ?

Not terribly difficult if one approaches the situations culturally instead of politically. 

Would also aid the soul if one were to look at all situations without the Western comparatives and superlatives, which has little to do with anything.

It's obvious that many are quite set in their ways by the manner of "why can't they be like us" syndrome, which is clearly deluded and embedded in your DNA. 

White Man's Burden.

• Sad 1

no zz; western heritage, values and achievements are unparalled & the accepted aspirational benchmark for all reasoned humanity. accepting though e.g. UK Poverty levels are appalling…..

all cultures are obviously not equal. pseudo- intellectual lefty bs aside…..

the aborigine or bushman, barring desert survival, is not generally my equal in heritage terms…..

looking at how things factually are vs. yes, western gold std. otherwise we would be quite lost……

not looking through any pseudo / marxist “lenses”. just the (comparative) observed facts.

open minded & objective I am ( thanks Yoda) ;  have changed my mind, based on scientic evidence only, on climate change and ufo’s, for example….

they can never be “like us”. they are not a modern people at all. no real changes since 1300 or so…. some ( imposed) legal reform to facilitate intl. trade & diplomacy……

culturally stagnant. unable & unwilling to improve or reform. no renaissance or revolution here.

”respect” implies approval. …. not given. “compliance” & “courtesy” I must give as guest here.

“respect” is harder but I concede possible in some areas actually…..trying hard to think of a single activity out of thousands here that command respect….yes !  treatment of elderly / sick is far better than the west…..the “30 baht” NHS for thais is simply wonderful ( and modern)…..important reform, copied from the West but encouraging…but no regretably no “push on” from that…..very poor Education here badly needs westernizing……they have the money…….

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jonclark said:

Wave the white flag seems to be the crux of your argument. You really want to let the bad guys win? 

You seem to think you can make a difference, so I won't talk you out of your destiny. I sincerely hope you can help make a change to this country's politics

• Sad 1

On 9/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Foreigners protesting are the least of their worries.

Can't blame it on the foreign bogeymen this time, chumps.

Which is why foreigners shouldn't give the regime any evidence to support claims that might arise that foreigners are fomenting the unrest. The Thai people don't need us attending public demonstrations.

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

no zz; western heritage, values and achievements are unparalled & the accepted aspirational benchmark for all reasoned humanity. accepting though e.g. UK Poverty levels are appalling…..

all cultures are obviously not equal. pseudo- intellectual lefty bs aside…..

the aborigine or bushman, barring desert survival, is not generally my equal in heritage terms…..

looking at how things factually are vs. yes, western gold std. otherwise we would be quite lost……

not looking through any pseudo / marxist “lenses”. just the (comparative) observed facts.

open minded & objective I am ( thanks Yoda) ;  have changed my mind, based on scientic evidence only, on climate change and ufo’s, for example….

they can never be “like us”. they are not a modern people at all. no real changes since 1300 or so…. some ( imposed) legal reform to facilitate intl. trade & diplomacy……

culturally stagnant. unable & unwilling to improve or reform. no renaissance or revolution here.

”respect” implies approval. …. not given. “compliance” & “courtesy” I must give as guest here.

“respect” is harder but I concede possible in some areas actually…..trying hard to think of a single activity out of thousands here that command respect….yes !  treatment of elderly / sick is far better than the west…..the “30 baht” NHS for thais is simply wonderful ( and modern)…..important reform, copied from the West but encouraging…but no regretably no “push on” from that…..very poor Education here badly needs westernizing……they have the money…….

Oh dear.

The delusions become even more incomprehensible.

Ignorance has become the norm and quite accepted.

Everything you know is derived from wiser and more civilsed cultures.

• Like 1

delusions and ignorance…… seriously, that is your deflecting vague dismissive response to Real Existential Historical Facts…….pray what other great civilization invented the industrial revolution, jet aircraft, computers, spacecraft, nuclear power, submarines, metal ships, modern science, combustion engines, worldwide language / culture ? None were Wiser or More Civilized than even Victorian Britain……

yes, the west stands on the shoulders of giants but gone for 1500 years now…… Greece & Rome.

The great Asian Ancient Civilizations of Sumer, Egypt, Indus & China too…….but none of these ever came remotely close to Western European Civilization 1500 to Present…….in terms of knowledge, power and democracy. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:28 AM, petermik said:

I think being a visitor to the country we should respect their laws....whether we agree with them is another matter.

Perhaps "respect" is not the correct choice of words in this case. "Obey" would seem a more appropriate word... then again, do you have any choice not to obey?  

18 hours ago, johnarth said:

wonder if the general will call in the Chinese army if things get any worse, I just watched a video from China showing the building collapses man what a mess would not want to go there to live, Thai much safer

The Chinese don’t want an army infected with Delta 

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

agree, but what law are you reffering to? is it illegal to demonstrate in thailand?

More than likely not officially on the books.....

Yet, all that has little to do with anything - they make up the rules/laws as the go along. 

And if that doesn't work, they're very good at applying most everything as it associates with Lese Majeste - therefore, making everything/anything an offence against you know who. 

A historied trick in their pocket.

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Very much so if you broach certain topics which are legally taboo.

Which most of these activities do or indirectly present themselves to be.

Gets down to a difference of perspective between the rebellious vs. the authority.

6 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Which most of these activities do or indirectly present themselves to be.

Gets down to a difference of perspective between the rebellious vs. the authority.

I think the protesters know that they're violating laws.  And I forgot that, at least ostensibly,because of covid, demonstrations are now illegal

On 9/10/2021 at 1:34 AM, TooMuchTime said:

Good.  I hate when people start protesting and complain about "muh rights".

Do what your government tells you to do and everything will be fine.

If your government tells you to jump off a 200 ft cliff and everything will be alright then you'll jump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1