Foreigners who join anti-govt protests face deportation and blacklist: Thai police

webfact

1 minute ago, SicTransit said:

A country is not someone's house. If you cannot grasp this fairly obvious difference, perhaps it's a bit early to comment on this topic.

Nor is Thailand your country to get politically involved with. They could use some help in Afghanistan if you feel so inclined.

• Like 1

While I disagree with suppression of freedom of expression, going out to brave, COVID, permanent lung damage from tear gas, brain damage from police night sticks and general police and rubber bullets is not for me.  We went through this in 2014 when foreigners were arrested rallying with both reds and yellows. An English bloke living in Pattaya with Thai family who had advocated violence with the reds got deported and blacklisted after spending a few weeks in jail I seem to remember. In 1992 the army deliberately shot people with cameras which included two foreigners and one farang.   

Edited by Dogmatix

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They could use some help in Afghanistan if you feel so inclined.

Don't let me stop you on your way there, if Afghanistan is a country you personally care about.

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nor is Thailand your country to get politically involved with.

Peaceful assembly is not "political involvement" but a basic human right.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tonray said:

The only protest I get excited about is when Tops market stops its Buy One Get One in the snack aisle.....then I'm going in !

Since it takes me an hour driving on a 2 lane road with maniacs I rarely get to tops 

10 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

Don't let me stop you on your way there, if Afghanistan is a country you personally care about.

Peaceful assembly is not "political involvement" but a basic human right.

Not with a military government 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ben2talk said:

So publicly they are saying they will punish anyone who excercises freedom of speech, there is no right to a POV, there's no right to complain....

Only the right of the regime to demand impunity and take down anyone that threatens it...

Go for it and see what happens

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Would love if they would do the same in Europe, each protest in Brussels has only a few Belgians the rest is import or from an neighboring country. It would kleen up the place. Probably the same in Strasbourg.

They have the same problem in the US protesters come from out of state to loot and block roads 

• Like 2

Instead of worrying what people are doing in the streets, why not try to be a responsible "elected" government which main responsibility is  to look after the people who trusted Mr Prayut to take care of them. But it's not happening, too may LIES! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This heinous and toxic government will do anything within it's reach, to maintain power, to continue to enrich itself on countless levels, and to oppress, repress and suppress it's people, and any form of dissent. It shows how scared they are, and how paranoid they are. And it also shows that they know the end is near, they are desperate, and they do not care one iota for the masses. 

If Covid were not being used as a cover, there would be millions of Thais in the streets right now. Dissent is about all the people have. And Prayuth has an approval rating that is likely no more than 1%. 

images.jpeg

r.jpeg

But that 1% is his hand picked generals 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

A country is not someone's house. If you cannot grasp this fairly obvious difference, perhaps it's a bit early to comment on this topic.

Whoa there, SicTransit!! No need to be rude or to ‘talk down’ to me!! Of course ‘a country is not someone’s house’!  Can you not accept its use as an analogy?  Every CITIZEN has the constitutional right, even the duty I would suggest, to protest, as long as they abide by the law!!    Non-citizens (farangs) do NOT and should not have any such right!!!  Repeating my analogy, if you come into ‘my house’ as an ‘invited’ guest and start telling ME how to run my house, you can expect to be ‘disinvited’....”deported” out the front door!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

We're just venting here. To actually be in the streets supporting those who would overthrow the government is quite another thing.

I wouldn't be to quick on that look at the la majest law the broad computer crimes act the fake news law and some other laws this military government has come up with 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike k said:

I wouldn't be to quick on that look at the la majest law the broad computer crimes act the fake news law and some other laws this military government has come up with 

Not to be a stickler, but you've got an oxymoron on your hands. See it? I'll give you a hint. You can put lipstick on a pig, but...