October 1st, Proof of Jab required - How does this work for those vaccinated outside of Thailand?

Senechal

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Our Mor Prom app here for example though mostly in Thai has the vax page in English. Likely most countries will use an international language too.

Yes, but you could mock up anything to look like you are vaccinated when presented to a waitress.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:40 AM, Will B Good said:

Yes, but you could mock up anything to look like you are vaccinated when presented to a waitress.

Not worth the risk of being caught and blacklisted. It's already happened to some trying this trick when entering.

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 4:31 PM, Why Me said:

Our Mor Prom app here for example though mostly in Thai has the vax page in English. Likely most countries will use an international language too.

My wife's double Pfizer vaccination certificate....done in Hong Kong...is in both Chinese and English. 

The English being quite clear and specific as to her identity, dates of vaccination and vaccine used.

Should work ok

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not worth the risk of being caught and blacklisted. It's already happened to some trying this trick when entering.

Has happened to USA citizens flying to Hawaii, couple were caught with fake vaccine papers were jailed are awaiting court trial . If founf guilty will face heavy fine and will be sent back to California.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Has happened to USA citizens flying to Hawaii, couple were caught with fake vaccine papers were jailed are awaiting court tsial . If founf guilty will face heavy fine and will be sent back to California.

Yes--the vax certificate is CDC-issued. Forging a federal document is a federal offense.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, volsfan said:

Yep. On October 1st 80% of Thais will become second-class citizens and not be allowed to eat in restaurants. If the gov't thinks there were protests before, wait until they see what happens if this is actually implemented. 

Actually, even if approved, it will not be enforced.

Same as alcohol ban in Phuket. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BestB said:

If i had to guess, i would say, you might need to get vaccine passport, same as one needed for travelling overseas and costs 50 baht.

I'm in Portugal heading to the Azores. Only an EU digital certificate is accepted. Not my CDC paper card. So, have to go get tested tomorrow. Sucks.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The alcohol bans are being enforced. A bit anyway. Quite a few arrests over the past few weeks.

Alcohol bans enforced in Phuket? ????

After 10 days in Patong I have seen only 1 restaurant so far where they refused selling alcohol with my meals.

And, have you been recently in Bangla Road?

They don't even pretend that they are not bars, full of bargirls, and serving beer.

• Sad 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:18 PM, stubuzz said:

Is it possible to upload foreign vaccination certificates into the Mor Prom app?

No. And that's the problem. You have people from a hundred different countries coming to Bangkok.. the "proof of vaccination" thing is going to be chaos if they actually try to enforce it.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:40 AM, Will B Good said:

i have friends who have been traveling internaionally over the last few months, in the main they report the most cursory, at best, checking of vaccination documentation. i really dont see restaurants being thorough.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:02 PM, Why Me said:

It would be a stupid thing to attempt in any case. First of all the check would be at the door by someone who's probably had a bit of training.

I doubt anybody at a restaurant/hotel would be trained to understand and verify the 200 countries in the world with different formats and languages.

Most Thai don't understand English more than the basic vocabulary even if the vaccination records print it in English.

It's just like looking at different currencies at a restaurant which is impractical. If bank-notes can be faked, vaccination records can also be faked.

A more practical solution would be like converting the foreign vaccination records into local ones just like driving licence & foreign currencies.

It seems that the government is only looking at local vaccination records at the moment.

Edited by EricTh

On 9/28/2021 at 3:39 PM, Senechal said:

No. And that's the problem. You have people from a hundred different countries coming to Bangkok.. the "proof of vaccination" thing is going to be chaos if they actually try to enforce it.

Agree, I don't think it will be enforced as there are 200 different formats and languages in the world.

How do we know the authenticity of these 'vaccination certificates' as it is so easy to just change the name.

It is a half-baked idea that isn't practical in real life.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I doubt anybody at a restaurant/hotel would be trained to understand and verify the 200 countries in the world with different formats and languages.

They could probably recognise a vaccination certificate for what it is, though, if they're in that position, by the words "Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate".   That's all they'd need to know, they don't need, nor will they have to verify certificates issued in other countries, how could they do that?

Edited by Liverpool Lou