Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

51 minutes ago, ukrules said:

What we're seeing is a symptom of governments not believing that the vaccines work effectively.

It's kind of hard to tell until we look back on the numbers in a few years time so I guess almost every government in the world is proceeding with draconian restrictions which devastate their economies just in case, Thailand is no exception here. They started dreaming  up these quarantine schemes very early on in the process.

quarantine Scam  Not a scheme

• Like 1

Geeezus. Only Oz folk would understand this. We have AFL and NRL finals on currently.

A good place to relax and enjoy games at a BAR.  CLOSED.

BTW the gf just informs me curfew to continue till Sep 30.

Any confirmation? 

Edited by DrJack54

49 minutes ago, rabang said:

https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/entry-restrictions

This seems to be the norm now among the Nordic countries although I haven't studied every case in detail.

this is from the link you provided

Restrictions are still in place regarding external border traffic from many countries. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Geeezus. Only Oz folk would understand this. We have AFL and NRL finals on currently.

A good place to relax and enjoy games at a BAR.  CLOSED.

BTW the gf just informs me curfew to continue till Sep 30.

Any confirmation? 

Yep she's right, the briefing today was late, after 4 PM for the English version, current rules re lockdown in place until September 30th. ????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

Oct maybe,I imagine dec or jan could be more like it.Many are waiting to return that is for sure

You say many waiting..

Do you mean tourists or people that have connections here i.e family.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

I thought there was a meeting today about the covid and entry situation to decide about restrictions and ASQ ?  Any decisions yet about ending or reducing time in  ASQ from October ?

With all due respect, how can you ask such question?

There will be countless statements, calculations, flip flops, minister says something, other ones come with billions in revenue, I guess they won't be ready until the very last days, then postpone the whole damn thing.

6 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I have been Air b in Pattaya by the month incredible deals and no deposits , so no worry about that , I would stay about 4 months in each place 

Probably just skip AirBnb and there fees. 

Many penthouses and 1 bedroom suits for rent.

Naklua has some absolutely stunning ocean front rooms.  Modern and nice kitchens.  

Cheaper for 3 months or more.

Guest service fee

"Most guests pay a service fee that is under 14.2% of the booking subtotal (the nightly rate plus cleaning fee and additional guest fee, if applicable, but excluding Airbnb fees and taxes). The fee varies based on a variety of booking factors and is displayed to guests, including during checkout before they make a reservation."

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1857/what-are-airbnb-service-fees

Edited by MrJ2U

14 hours ago, henry213 said:

There is no way ever i will let them RAM an earbud up my nose 3 times, I'm sure most feel this way too.

Yep, I agree. Plus, the continuing quarantine requirement. Plus, all the hassle of applying  for/gathering various documents. Plus, obtaining the special insurance. And, then, there is always the risk of the possibility of a new wave of Covid closures and restrictions once you are inside Thailand. 

Gees. 

Edited by JemJem
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

So it's a sandbox buffet. First Phuket and then expanding all over the country, but the scheme is the still the same: you're stuck in one location for 14 days and hotels.

Exactly. You can't properly open up tourism and businesses (it's all trickle down economics in large part from tourism) unless the measures to lockdown tourists after arrival for more than 2 days is abandoned.  I would come from the US, be double (likely triple) vaxed, have health insurance, be tested before I leave the US, tested again when entering Thailand and on lockdown for 2 days. There is NO science, with all of the aforementioned criteria, that supports a prison sentence in a government hotel for 14 days. The government logic of, everyone is safer after 14 days of lockdown is illogical. I could travel after 14 days, and still be as likely to catch and spread COVID-19 as I was after 2 days; which is very low in either instance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Here is scheme idea, learn and accept Covid is never going away. Open the country to those who are fully vaccinated, no COE, no quarantine, and not be tracked like a wanted felon. 

I'm with you on that, but why only vaccinated people? It is already a known fact that vaccinated people have the same chance of getting infected and infect others as well. The only uncertainty at the moment is the claim of governments and official health care authorities that vaccinated people get lighter symptoms and less of them die - however statistics from highly vaccinated countries suggests otherwise hence the push for a 3rd jab which will surely be followed by a push for a 4th, 5th and maybe later a monthly jab...

12 hours ago, Guderian said:

If what has happened with the virus spreading in Phuket, in spite of all their precautions, is anything to go by, then by the end of the year the country will be recording around 50,000 new cases every day, mostly in the newly-opened tourist hotspots. In spite of the vaccines, that's going to translate into a lot of deaths that otherwise would not have happened. Boris Johnson has put a number on it, saying that he's prepared to accept 50,000 covid-related deaths a year as the price of reopening the economy. It would be interesting to hear what the Thai government and people think is an acceptable number of deaths among their countryfolk in order to allow tourists back in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/10/why-are-covid-cases-so-high-when-vaccination-is-widespread.html

I thought this was quite an interesting article on case counts post high vaccinations levels

18 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I'm with you on that, but why only vaccinated people? It is already a known fact that vaccinated people have the same chance of getting infected and infect others as well. The only uncertainty at the moment is the claim of governments and official health care authorities that vaccinated people get lighter symptoms and less of them die - however statistics from highly vaccinated countries suggests otherwise hence the push for a 3rd jab which will surely be followed by a push for a 4th, 5th and maybe later a monthly jab...

Check out the article in my post above

6 hours ago, DaiHard said:

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases for six decades, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases.

But no good evidence of efficacy for Covid-19.

13 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Might not be 5*, but just booked the JW Marriott, BKK with executive lounge and open bar for 60,000 a month.

Bit of a hike to the nearest beach tho! And with Covid raging outside, you're well advised to stay in your "executive lounge and open bar" for a month!

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

this is from the link you provided

Restrictions are still in place regarding external border traffic from many countries. 

Of course, that could mean almost anything when the Schengen borders are not fully open. Also it could be in some cases reciprocal if other countries are limiting access into them. Most importantly however you can enter if you have received a full course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine no matter what country you are coming from.

Edited by rabang

Been in the US since May, kid is in school learning in person, we take precautions but living more or less normally.  

Want to return to life in BKK, will have to see if it really "opens" & stays open... learning on an iPad is terrible for kids and at 30% vaccinated, BKK is far from ready 

13 hours ago, DaiHard said:

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases for six decades, . . .  ivermectin . . .

Is it being suggested that every Nobel prize for treatments of infectious diseases has produced a drug that will work against the current covid scourge? All 33 of them? 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971216300017

Talk about a non-sequitur! (It won a Nobel therefore it's a good treatment for a disease that arose years later.) 

Or perhaps something else was meant.

• Like 1