Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Navigating a labyrinth of documents, being put in a Covid prison and forced to pay for insurance I don't need does not make me feel Welcome. Try again.

One less farang around as I am sitting on the beach.  Tell your friends.  None of you will be missed.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

I follow these posts/"stories"/fantasies because I want to come back from California to BKK in December to renew my Non-O for one more (probably last) time, and to work on the gradual removal of my money, stuff, heart from LOS. But if the three biggies-quarantine, ins., COE-are still in place I may just wait till next year. It will be a slow motion separation.

That sounds more like what someone who is trying to quit drinking would say.  "I'll just have this one last bender and then I am quitting for good."

You should create yet another "I am taking my ball and going home" thread where you all can go and continue to bash Thailand some more.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

This kind of opening, we are talking about a metropolis, plans and backup plans should already been in place.

Anyways, it would be nice...Cheaper for expats and returning thais, as I suppose many hotels would join the great programme.Very good idea, partial Bangkok reopening.Keep tourists confined to Khao San and have tuk tuk drivers to control them.

I really like functional governments!

Edited by drenddy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP had heading "Welcome FOREIGN TOURISTS....."

Nothing was stoping you from inter province travel previously.

Take your family to Koh Samet from Issan. 

Your not a tourist.

Good idea.

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They will enjoy it, no bars open, no alcohol with your meal, back home at 9, no family things to go to. Great fun for your holiday

I thought the attractions and national parks had been allowed to open. Whether it is worth their while is another matter.... certainly not be a money spinner, if only local people paying  10% of the special price. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Billpro785 said:

Here is scheme idea, learn and accept Covid is never going away. Open the country to those who are fully vaccinated, no COE, no quarantine, and not be tracked like a wanted felon. 

That tracked like a wanted felon practice is well known to foreign residents who, in very vague theory, are suppose to report their every movements throughout the provinces; report change of address; run through the series of immigration bureaucracy; etc.....

All of which, isn't abided by nor is any of this <deleted> enforced. 

Part of the game.

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

There is nothing open in Pattaya - 90% of the city is shuttered and closed 

it is even difficult to find a 7/11 open

Plus there still remains a curfew in place from 9pm 

madness 

It is not difficult to find a 7eleven open, certainly not in Central Pattaya where most visitors would be going. Sorry Smedders but I don't know where you got that from. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

you having a laugh

An hour ago I had a cup of coffee from one in Soi Post Office (13/2 to the know nothings) I could have had a cup from the one on the corner of 2nd Road. So if that is having a laugh then yes I am. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya and Chiang Mai will be added to a programme in which fully vaccinated visitors who commit to a series of tests can enter, under certain criteria, said government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchan

While the vast majority of Thais are still waiting for their first vaccination...

Complete madness.

• Like 2