Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

No restrictions on travel to Hua Hin from Isaan unless you're trying to get across Buriram province as They have self imposed travel restrictions. I've been traveling all around Thailand and just avoid " make a U turn when necessary" when stopped by the thought police. Most of it with the exception of Phuket is a big charade as the majority of police haven't received their proper pay in several months and are simply not motivated which is why most of the temporary checkpoints are unmanned but have food and water available ...Fear factor " Thai style " just a suggestion with no substance. Safe travels...

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Visitors to Chonburi will have to be fully vaccinated or have RT-PCR test results from their country of origin and a health certificate. They will have to submit to another RT-PCR test upon arrival in Chonburi and undergo a total of three checks during their stay, the second being during the first six to seven days of their stay and the third on the fourteenth day.

So it's a sandbox buffet. First Phuket and then expanding all over the country, but the scheme is the still the same: you're stuck in one location for 14 days and hotels.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sungod said:

Usual doom and gloom.

Difficult to find a 7/11 open, pull the other one.

Things are shut as no one is here, if people come, things will open.........

Thailand belongs to Thai.

What do you mean no one is in Pattaya? Thai people are in Pattaya. Thai rak Thai. Thai hug Thai.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Many posts advocating proof of a double jab should suffice entry into Thailand / any country ? I agree if the jab certs were without doubt 100% authentic but what we have right now are fake vax certs which can be bought on the web . I think there has to be a simple finger <deleted> type blood test invented that could take place pre-check in at the airport .

If all of the Thai population were vaccinated there would be no need for any quarantine by tourists who could prove they had the vax . We are going to have to adapt to new ways of living alongside the virus throughout the world and get used to modified vaccines as the virus mutates . 

Thailand government is desperate to attract tourists to areas that are totally dependent on tourism e.g. Phuket , Pattaya etc because the local Thai people have / are run out of money to pay bills and buy food . What happens when people get desperate and are pushed in a corner ?

From the state of detox island ( Phuket ) , there must be many local Thais who have long gone to other parts of Thailand .

Every cloud has a silver lining ? Well the company that makes " For Sale or For Rent " signs , must be doing a good business .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not really about 7/11,s is it. 

Sounds like your a Pattaya guy. 

So I'm just out of quarantine and being a friend of yours ....what's the day/night plan look like.

Hope we ain't going to central plaza, didn't come to Thailand for shopping mall. 

He was responding to a Smedly post that said there were not even any 7elevens open. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Thailand belongs to Thai.

What do you mean no one is in Pattaya? Thai people are in Pattaya. Thai rak Thai. Thai hug Thai.

Unfortunately without foreigners Pattaya would be a real financial disaster. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I wonder sometimes if Thailand thinks it's the only country struggling with COVID-19.

Its a great time to visit if you are vaccinated and you don't have to quarantine when you get back home.

5 star hotels are cheap as they have ever been.

No crowds on the beaches.

5 star hotels have never been cheap  - that's why they have 5 stars!!!

And your favourite tipple is? Tea? Coffee?

Great time to visit? Don't forget your records:-

p09hc7rt.jpg  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

It might work if TAT produces a flyer on "Secret Bars Where You Can Drink Until 4am"

Otherwise, apart from family, many tourists might choose a venue---beach or cultural---that doesn't include a few feet of Q-Tips shoved into parts of the nose nobody knew they had.

For those who don't mind the nasal assaults, they might be advised to order the appetizer, main course and dessert at the same time if they venture out to eat at the common hour, since restaurants must close at 8pm, and staff not only have to lock up, but be back home before the witching hour at 9pm.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rott said:

He was responding to a Smedly post that said there were not even any 7elevens open. 

I realize that. I could obviously see that post. Of course there are many 7/11 open and most have not gone under. That's not the point.

Take a walk up Soi 8. The place is stuffed. Two 7/11,s gone. The subway joint gone. The big Hotels several closed. 

This thread is about foreign tourists coming to Thailand.

Earlier poster stating that he soon finishes quarantine and is going to Pattaya. I would love to know what he intends to do there. It's buggered.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

p09hc7rt.jpg  

Might not be 5*, but just booked the JW Marriott, BKK with executive lounge and open bar for 60,000 a month.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

There is nothing open in Pattaya - 90% of the city is shuttered and closed 

it is even difficult to find a 7/11 open

Plus there still remains a curfew in place from 9pm 

madness 

Not to mention the Thai save Thai app ( which they will have no knowledge about) they will have to use to gain entry to a restaurant and other entertainment venues, they wont be able to use them as they wont have the right information to fill the form in. It's a joke!

I get this process - open up as tourism is needed to restore the economy.

BUT in the case of pattaya - bar town, who will go there if the bars are not open

Please spare me the blah blah about other attractions which is largelly applicable to other areas of Thailand

Pattaya's main attraction are the bars.

PS I am in Thailand and do not live in Pattaya.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize that. I could obviously see that post. Of course there are many 7/11 open and most have not gone under. That's not the point.

Take a walk up Soi 8. The place is stuffed. Two 7/11,s gone. The subway joint gone. The big Hotels several closed. 

This thread is about foreign tourists coming to Thailand.

Earlier poster stating that he soon finishes quarantine and is going to Pattaya. I would love to know what he intends to do there. It's buggered.

Sois 7 & 8 have been disaster areas for a while and were deteriorating well before COVID. 

What do you do anywhere in Thailand.? Pattaya is not unique, as a tourist destination Thailand is currently lacking. As are many others. Tourists have to be very, very keen on the place to come here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

If I had the patience of a thousand POPES ,

I could bear this constant stream of HOPES.

Yet I fear the usual bunch of DOPES,

yet again attempt mountains , without learning the ROPES.

I never realised Popes were patient, but I suppose burning people at the stake can be a slowish process. 

I wish someone would inform this spellcheck programme that there is no apostrophe in a plural. Continually correcting it becomes tedious. 

24 minutes ago, sambum said:

p09hc7rt.jpg  

Don't know why you're confused? Maybe "Desert Island Discs"? For your info"-

Desert Island Discs is a radio programme broadcast on BBC Radio 4. It was first broadcast on the BBC Forces Programme on 29 January 1942.[1]

Each week a guest, called a "castaway" during the programme, is asked to choose eight recordings (usually, but not always, music), a book and a luxury item that they would take if they were to be cast away on a desert island,