Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

Tourism is one factor that Thailand depends on to boost their economy and everyone knows that. Decisions are made based on the information of others by a PM, President, business owner, CEO. etc. As I use to tell my staff garbage in garbage out. The staff members that give only opinion based information was dismissed. Facts matter. The point I am trying to make is during these tough times it seems the information that most get is opinions. Look at the response from other countries and make your decisions based on best case results. If Thailand's PM isn't given these results by staff members they need to go. And for God sakes don't listen to Dr. Antony Fauci or the WHO. The safety, health, and will being should come first for any government. Last thought, I don't think negative comments help anyone or anything during this pandemic. World leaders have some real tough decisions to make.

15 hours ago, sungod said:

Why not, water at Wongamat beach has never been clearer. Surprised you wouldnt know that from your condo in Bangkok.

What, even with all the recent rains? I thought a lot of trash would have been swept out into the sea. Good news though.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:20 AM, MaiChai said:

Need to copy Italy. Fully vaxxed arrivals don't need to quarantine. While there is this over the top COE and ASQ requirement no one will come. Also Thailand needs to get their population vaxxed so covid becomes a inconvenient flu rather than life threatening.

Oh, I heard locals were naturally immune so can travel freely....

Posts with trolling references to the PM has been removed.  While the local media may use those references to the PM, please do not use them on this site. 

Posts containing charts without supporting links to the sources of information has been removed.

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

8 hours ago, daejung said:

it's not a selling point

I don't like to be alone on the beach, in restaurants, anywhere.

I can stay home.

I got two kids and a few friends in Hua HinHin.

I agree.  Who wants to be in a deserted place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thaipara said:

Is it being suggested that every Nobel prize for treatments of infectious diseases has produced a drug that will work against the current covid scourge? All 33 of them? 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971216300017

Talk about a non-sequitur! (It won a Nobel therefore it's a good treatment for a disease that arose years later.) 

Or perhaps something else was meant.

It's an anti-inflammatory drug, many of the problems with covid are to do with constriction of airways. The nobel reference was to do with ignorant people calling it a 'horse dewormer' . I was just highlighting the fact that it completely safe for humans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccinated people are far less likely to be infected than the unvaccinated.

Are you sure about that ?  perhaps the vaccinated still get infected but are asymptomatic/less effected as their immune systems have been forewarned  but can still transmit the virus  whilst the body fights it ?

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, Will B Good said:

And these tourists are all then prepared to quarantine back in their own countries because Thailand is red listed???????

Well it depends on where they are from. If it's the UK then at the moment Thailand is red listed and it will require an expensive hotel stay on return. It does mention this in the article. I'm not sure what the quarantine for returning tourists is in other countries but maybe it's not as bad.

I think we need to look at this as a move in the right direction. The quicker the government can get the vaccination rate up the sooner larger numbers of tourists will return. At the moment it's probably more about returnees and just a few tourists. As a returnee myself I've decided to stay in the UK until after Christmas with hopefully a return for New Year. The only problem with that might be if the regulations don't change until 1st January.

17 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

When will the penny drop for these morons in charge. Tourists will not return in numbers until all restrictions for vaccinated travellers are lifted. 

I would have thought if someone arrives in the county, has been vaccinated and has been tested before they board a plane plus a possible test shortly after they arrive then they aren't going to be any more of a risk than a Thai or non Thai who is already here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaiHard said:

It's an anti-inflammatory drug, many of the problems with covid are to do with constriction of airways. The nobel reference was to do with ignorant people calling it a 'horse dewormer' . I was just highlighting the fact that it completely safe for humans.

And yet, people are dying from Ivermectin poisoning. 

And, no, Ivermectin is not an anti-inflammatory. 

Geez, please don't post any more medical  "advice". 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2021 at 3:18 PM, Will B Good said:

And these tourists are all then prepared to quarantine back in their own countries because Thailand is red listed???????

No quarantine back in France for vaccinated people, whether the country is red or orange. And for France (I suppose for EU too) Thialand is orange, not red

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is settled science. 

Vaccination significantly reduces infection rates. If you prefer, let's say that vaccination reduces the number of people who get infected and transmit the virus to others. 

I understand there is a lot of misinformation on the internet about vaccines. To clarify, think about Polio. You know that anyone back in the day who refused the Salk polio vaccine was an idiot. 

Don't be an idiot. 

Might keep in mind that this current crop of first generation vaccines are still considered to be experimental prototypes - approved or not. 

This government is not very smart. Nothing should be opened until they reach 70% of full vaccination in Thailand. Not just Bangkok and Phuket but the whole country. They are not thinking of the 4 other variants that are in 40 other countries that will be here after Delta. They care more about tourism then peoples lives . Very sad

On 9/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, MrJ2U said:

With our family and either a stay in suite or two at the Marriott or renovated Hilton is bliss for us.

My wife and I don't drink so bar closures don't bother us.

Our nanny helps with our kids so my wife and can explore on a rented motorcycle or cruise around the different beaches in our SUV with the entire family.

Still lots of restaurants open or get Grab and enjoy the suite while watching Netflix.

I'm dying to get out of Issan.

Surely you could send out the butler in the Bentley for you McDonald's?

????????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, madmen said:

Tree Town right now no tables available and the cocktail bus open and busy all 7/11 down to near Tukom open including family marts and Tesco. 

Are you on the dark side that would explain it. 

IMG_20210911_185906_380.jpg

IMG_20210911_185536_341.jpg

what point are you trying to make 

Tree Town is open ? and one 7/11 opposite  and the cops will be along soon to arrest you for breathing

46 minutes ago, smedly said:

Thailand is ready for tourists in 2 weeks - right

48 foreigners, Thais arrested at birthday party in Koh Samui

48 foreigners, Thais arrested at birthday party in Koh Samui - Koh Samui News - ASEAN NOW - News, Travel & Forum

If they do plan to open up, might want to rewrite the memo.

20 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Would you book a holiday while these measures are in place? They can easily be extended again.

Probably not, but it says it starts on October the 1st, so you can watch and see what happens and book after that.

I dont believe its mandatory to show up on the 1st October, it's just a start date.

• Like 1