Thailand hopes to welcome tourists to Bangkok, top cities next month

snoop1130

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I wonder sometimes if Thailand thinks it's the only country struggling with COVID-19.

Its a great time to visit if you are vaccinated and you don't have to quarantine when you get back home.

5 star hotels are cheap as they have ever been.

No crowds on the beaches.

I have been Air b in Pattaya by the month incredible deals and no deposits , so no worry about that , I would stay about 4 months in each place 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rabang said:

What countries require that from vaccinated people? UK, China and a few more? My country will let anyone in without a quarantine and tests (provided they have a valid visa if that applies) if a person is fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine.

Which country?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

For the second phase of the “sandbox” scheme, he said that preparations have been made in the five provinces, such as mass vaccinations of people and promotional campaigns to attract tourists

Only last week Hua Hin were crying out for vaccinations and this week business leaders said they weren't ready to open.

Someone trying to steam-roller through the  opening?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, haga said:

They can do it even today .

Simply order medic companies to produce ivermectin and give it to the people.

haha 

im not a horse anyway.

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases for six decades, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases.

24 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Try going in and out of Phuket. That particular inter provincial travel is a nightmare.

and, sigh, if things are going so swimmingly, when will it be ok for schools to open? If they put 10% of the effort into school Covid safety, as they put into tourists, their kids would be being educated as we speak.

Don't follow one bit of your post. 

I never said things were going 'swimmingly'. I stated that it has been easy to travel inter province. The guy I quoted lives Issan and I suggested Samet for travel. Nothing required.

As for Phuket ....anyone that forgot what happened with restrictions in April + 2020 has a short memory. That joint locked the bridge and airports. I wouldn't go near the joint. 

I don't concern myself with kids and the school thing. I leave that to those that have kids. 

Yes your right about Sandbox thing. Complete rubbish. BTW 70%+ vaccinated. Yeah sure. 

Almost as good as the 950k that they claim to jab most Fridays.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DaiHard said:

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases for six decades, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases.

Yep, and on the subject of the Nobel Committee, no Thai has even been nominated for anything, ever. 

17 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

They have no clue what the rest of the world think of Thailand in handling the Covid crisis, it seems. A lot of paperwork, tests required on own costs, danger of if someone in the airplane has Covid everyone has to stay in quarantaine, changing rules almost day by day, travellers coming back in home country in quarantaine or negative  travel advices to Thailand... and so on and so on, but the country will open and millions of tourists spending billions are coming........How blind can you be

"They have no clue" ... "changing rules almost day by day" .... "How blind can you be" : welcome to Thailand!

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

Vaccinated travelers arriving with Covid-19 Negative result  should be allowed to go their way, without being subjected to the so-called Sandbox scam.

Vaccinated travellers should not have to pay the full rate of insurance requested. 

In the civilised world, insurance premiums are calculated on the basis of risk. I see no mention of this anywhere in the Thai government's criteria. 

What we're seeing is a symptom of governments not believing that the vaccines work effectively.

It's kind of hard to tell until we look back on the numbers in a few years time so I guess almost every government in the world is proceeding with draconian restrictions which devastate their economies just in case, Thailand is no exception here. They started dreaming  up these quarantine schemes very early on in the process.

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

Why not, water at Wongamat beach has never been clearer. Surprised you wouldnt know that from your condo in Bangkok.

I wouldn't bother with Wongamat. 

Yes Bangkok 6 months and pic below 6. 

That's me in the Red T. 

Very crowded place.

Screenshot_20210910-155828.jpg

7 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

Man up. It's no big deal and over in about 5 seconds. I've had many tests.

Man up to what? I've had antigen tests no problem but PCR test done by stupid people no thanks, Thai's from what i see do it wrong and when your fully vaxed why so many PCR tests?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, samtam said:

Plans and hopes. Thoughts and prayers.

Maybe I missed it but with very little open to support these tourists, what would be the point of coming!! Can sit on a beach in any hot country like Antigua which I believe is fully open. Much the same for returning ex-pats like myself. Fortunate to have a home in the UK with the wife who would dearly love to come home to Thailand but what would we do when we get there with nothing open. Need to sort the country and resident population out first without worrying to much about tourists...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

Maybe I missed it but with very little open to support these tourists, what would be the point of coming!! Can sit on a beach in any hot country like Antigua which I believe is fully open. Much the same for returning ex-pats like myself. Fortunate to have a home in the UK with the wife who would dearly love to come home to Thailand but what would we do when we get there with nothing open. Need to sort the country and resident population out first without worrying to much about tourists...

You should have been post #1.

Then the thread could have been closed.

You summed it up perfectly. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1