Thailand reports 15,191 new COVID-19 cases and 253 more deaths

webfact

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw this from the Thaiger, but I think it was from last evening report, but still discusses the hospital issues.

A record number of Covid-19 fatalities in Phuket today as last night’s Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report confirmed 4 deaths in 1 day. That marks 17 deaths in one week in Phuket, nearly doubling the total of deaths since the third wave of Covid-19 took hold at the beginning of April. In the 5 months since the start of the third wave, Phuket had seen a total of 20 deaths from Covid-19, but the 17 deaths in the past 7 days bring the total to 37 fatalities in the province. The 238 new infections today mark Phuket’s 12th day […]

The perfect spot for a proposed Sandbox.

• Like 1

Positive meeting for anyone considering visiting Phuket. 

Discussions and proposals regarding relaxing Covid measures, including testing from 3 to 2 and potential for entertainment to open/ alcohol to be served in restaurants due to the success of the Sandbox. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-meeting-urges-national-government-on-covid-19-changes

Looks like no opening of entertainment  venues such as the bars providing music.

These bars are found in Phuket town etc.

Very boring for tourists and expats that would be wanting more especially in way of live music.

Seems same for places such as Pattaya. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Looks like no opening of entertainment  venues such as the bars providing music.

These bars are found in Phuket town etc.

Very boring for tourists and expats that would be wanting more especially in way of live music.

Seems same for places such as Pattaya. 

Ah right,  how strange. 

This pic was posted on another forum  by a poster this evening at a popular entertainment venue in Pattaya.  No spare tables available. 

Apparently cocktail buses doing a good trade as well.

IMG_20210911_185906_380.jpg.344fa529da25c36fb39d4e81c5c05bf7.jpg

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw this from the Thaiger, but I think it was from last evening report, but still discusses the hospital issues.

A record number of Covid-19 fatalities in Phuket today as last night’s Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report confirmed 4 deaths in 1 day. That marks 17 deaths in one week in Phuket, nearly doubling the total of deaths since the third wave of Covid-19 took hold at the beginning of April. In the 5 months since the start of the third wave, Phuket had seen a total of 20 deaths from Covid-19, but the 17 deaths in the past 7 days bring the total to 37 fatalities in the province. The 238 new infections today mark Phuket’s 12th day […]

Hi Ryan, I'm personally keeping my fingers and toes crossed on this one, I really don't want it to fail (as I know nobody does) or them to just persist with the project if things get a lot worse.

I said somewhere before if they can't continue and open at this rate of vaccination then it really does not bode well for Bangkok and other areas. The hospitals are the main barometer now and they can currently cope, if it gets to the point of them being overwhelmed then we know its failed in its present form. I know thats a reactionary stance but the pro active one of random testing before all this never happened. 

Its currently not working for the closed businesses either let alone the schools and education.

Key Phuket tourism industry leaders have submitted a formal proposal to reopen the island fully to tourism on Dec 1

If its not fully open by above Dec 1st its been a complete waste of time.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ah right,  how strange. 

This pic was posted on another forum  by a poster this evening at a popular entertainment venue in Pattaya.  No spare tables available. 

It seems to me that you don't live in Thailand.

That's basically is a food court. That serve a cocktail. How exciting.

Show a pic of live music bar. Example BeBops Phuket town. 

Or Saxaphone Bar Bangkok etc 

Screenshot_20210910-080356~2.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Ah right,  how strange. 

Its a night market with tables to sit and eat the stall food, its is now closed because of the curfew, its also got "a" cocktail van with non alcoholic drinks.

• Confused 1

Despite the increase in occupied hospital beds, only 3% of the current hospitalised patients are designated Red patients with severe infections

Hopefully with that perspective it should  improve the bed situation soon. 

Maybe that is why they feel confident enough to start discussions about further relaxations. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-record-4-covid-19-deaths-in-1-day-hospitals-nearly-full

HOSPITAL BEDS
DESCRIPTION TODAY CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY
Total hospital beds in Phuket 2,361 0
Occupied hospital beds 1,963 +48
Available hospital beds 398 -48
Hospital bed occupancy rate 83.14% +2.03%

CONDITION OF HOSPITALISED PATIENTS
DESIGNATION DESCRIPTION TODAY CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY
RED PATIENTS severe Covid-19 infections 34 0
YELLOW PATIENTS moderate Covid-19 infections 337 0
GREEN PATIENTS mild Covid-19 symptoms 674 +20

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 1

mmmm so 15 minutes after my previous post this comes, not the sort of news that inspires people from Phuket, just published. The governor said today he is likening the situation to Bangkok a couple of months ago.

Phuket sets up ten more community isolation facilities as COVID-19 infections spike

Ten more community isolation facilities are being set up on Thailand’s Phuket Island as COVID-19 infections surge.

The province’s Governor Narong Woonsiew said today (Saturday) that the spike in infections on the popular resort island, currently averaging more than 200 cases a day, is similar to the situation in Bangkok about two months ago and there is serious concern among local people that the hospitals will be overwhelmed.

The governor disclosed that there are about 300 infected people waiting to be admitted to hospitals and the numbers are expected to grow.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-sets-up-ten-more-community-isolation-facilities-as-covid-19-infections-spike/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fast approaching  17% now double jabbed and at current rates could have 70% vaccinated by the beginning of December, particularly now another 71m more doses have been secured this year and there are further plans to increase the vaccination programme. 

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Ah right,  how strange. 

Eating/restaurants I believe, not bars or live music bars. Always going to be demand for restaurants, especially good value ones. Looks like one the areas in tree town with communal table area and multiple food stalls. Good value and like eating at them myself when in Thailand. Good to see they are busy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Eating/restaurants I believe, not bars or live music bars. Always going to be demand for restaurants, especially good value ones. Looks like one the areas in tree town with communal table area and multiple food stalls. Good value and like eating at them myself when in Thailand. Good to see they are busy.

They do have bars there o know. Whether they are open or not is another thing. I was just going by a report from another poster earlier. 

Either way. Good to see the area busy and people out enjoying themselves. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Best to also spare a thought for the desperate local Thai’s in Pattaya, the homeless, those relying on food handouts after losing their livelihoods with next to no support from officials channels. They are the ones who are really suffering. 

For those of us that are able, we live in their home country, if we are working as I am or comfortable financially then much needed help not matter how small would be appreciated by them. That is not a charity request just a thought.

Phuket is probably the same as are all the previous tourist hotspots. Not sure what the situation is like in the other Provinces like Issan although I have a few friends from work there and they say it’s not as bad?

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

mmmm so 15 minutes after my previous post this comes, not the sort of news that inspires people from Phuket, just published. The governor said today he is likening the situation to Bangkok a couple of months ago.

Phuket sets up ten more community isolation facilities as COVID-19 infections spike

Ten more community isolation facilities are being set up on Thailand’s Phuket Island as COVID-19 infections surge.

The province’s Governor Narong Woonsiew said today (Saturday) that the spike in infections on the popular resort island, currently averaging more than 200 cases a day, is similar to the situation in Bangkok about two months ago and there is serious concern among local people that the hospitals will be overwhelmed.

The governor disclosed that there are about 300 infected people waiting to be admitted to hospitals and the numbers are expected to grow.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-sets-up-ten-more-community-isolation-facilities-as-covid-19-infections-spike/

From bad to worse it seems. I saw another OP where Phuket was offered pretty much anything they needed from the CCSA to help contain the Covid growth there in Phuket 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

From bad to worse it seems. I saw another OP where Phuket was offered pretty much anything they needed from the CCSA to help contain the Covid growth there in Phuket 

Notice that this current and ongoing surge in Phuket developed very soon after the Sandbox opened and easing of restrictions....

Edited by zzaa09
  • Thanks 1