if PM retired from Army?

rodknock

Yeah, they love their uniforms here.

I think he wears a Civil Service style uniform, although he may don his military costume for certain events?

While prayut is "retired" he is referred to as Prime Minister Gen.

I did notice that, at least at CW, Immigration officers now wear a relaxed outfit consisting of a polo shirt and track-suit slacks, and trainers. Gone are those dreadful, washed-out, ill-fitting brownish uniforms.

22 minutes ago, rodknock said:

makes you believe thet he is still in the army and running it daily!

AFAIK, the CICs of the military branches report to the PM.

The current constitution is however very clear on who exactly is the "Head of State". See Chapter One, sections two an three.

• Like 1

Thailand loves to wear military/police uniforms including civil servants. Uniforms for civil servants are similar but not same as military or police. So governors, mayors, teachers, etc, etc wears civil servant uniforms for show of power and respect. TIT.

• Like 1

My Mrs. was a Thai government employee when i first met her, she wore  a uniform  with a string of medals, i did ask  what did you do to earn those medals, ok i had to make it easier, and ask, where did you get those medals ..

In the market  was her reply, i went to look,  and sure enough  a market stall full of  Ribbons, including the G.S.M  i  earned  plus cross rifles & Parachute  wings  that they all seem to wear here

Uniforms like this enable small peeople to portray how powerful they (think)  are and how they are more important or clever than someone else is with their little pips and badgse like overgrown boyscouts.The sad part is they actually believe in all that <deleted>.Doesnt impress anyone.I think its ridiculous in this day and age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gt162 said:

Thailand loves to wear military/police uniforms including civil servants. Uniforms for civil servants are similar but not same as military or police. So governors, mayors, teachers, etc, etc wears civil servant uniforms for show of power and respect. TIT.

So does the Admiral that drives my commuting bus. I worry that the BTS driver is of a lower rank.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Uniforms like this enable small peeople to portray how powerful they (think)  are and how they are more important or clever than someone else is with their little pips and badgse like overgrown boyscouts.The sad part is they actually believe in all that <deleted>.Doesnt impress anyone.I think its ridiculous in this day and age.

I still wear my parachute wings. ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

My comment was aimed at civil servants etc not people who may have "earned" them in actual proper military service. ????

???? yeah I was only commenting how the parachute wings here are handed out to guys in uniform who have probably never been on a plane never mine having jumped.

My Thai step son had so many different uniforms just for school. ????

I remember the photo a few years ago, when Yingluck was PM, of her & her cabinet ministers in full uniforms with bangles'n beads stretched out awkwardly on the floor as they briefed the then King sitting up high on his throne-like chair. They were poring over a map. Yingluck looked particularly uncomfortable in her uniform as she was (of course) wearing a skirt ...

Appalling symbolism of 'modern' Thailand.