SURVEY: What's your vaccination status?

Scott

SURVEY: What's your vaccination status?  

528 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last week I had my 1st shot of Pfizer at Central Pattaya and I have to return there on 05 October for the 2nd shot. My wifes nephew died from Covid in Roi Et last night. He was 45 yo and had already been fully vaccinated. Which raises the question, when people fill out the questionare how many put an X in every box knowing quite well they have an existing medical condition. I'm not saying that this was the case here but it maybe a reason why some middle aged people are dieing after the 2nd vaccination.

11 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Still waiting,Expatvac registered,50 and in the boonies.

(Also in the Boonies and early 50) registered at ExpatVac, but NO word from them since registering.

My wife registered me at the Local Village Hospital (Anamai. In Thai: กรมอนามัย) and 2 days later I got an SMS to go get Pfizer at the Government Hospital!!

Edited by MJCM
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 AZ already, 2nd will be Pfizer. Had to make a special request for that, but fortunately got a yes.

Inspired by the Oxford mix and match study.

So big thanks to staff at Bangkok Hospital, Khon Kaen. And especially the doctor who called me personally.

edit:  Free, so thanks also to the foreign office for intervening when others dithered.

Edited by mahtin
afterthought

33 minutes ago, MJCM said:

(Also in the Boonies and early 50) registered at ExpatVac, but NO word from them since registering.

My wife registered me at the Local Village Hospital (Anamai. In Thai: กรมอนามัย) and 2 days later I got an SMS to go get Pfizer at the Government Hospital!!

I think you will find you got the Pfizer through expatvac not through the local hospital.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I think you will find you got the Pfizer through expatvac not through the local hospital.

Absolutely NOT. Reason being because I used a different phone number to register at ExpatVac and at the Local Hospital (ExpatVac my Phone Number and local Hospital my wife's number) and guess where I got the SMS on?? Right, my wife's phone number!

Plus @ExpatVac I registered only with the Passport and Visa and which number showed up in the SMS to go get the Vaccination? The Yellow House Book number which I used to register at my Local VIllage Hospital!

Edit: Ooh I forgot ExpatVAC sends you an email which you have to respond within 24hrs and NO I haven't received an email YET!

Edited by MJCM

9 hours ago, meechai said:

I checked "other" because

I had the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine & my wife had  Pfizerx2

So we are both fully vaccinated

We are not living in any kind of risk area (rural US) but just got it to

make travel easier if & when it ever returns ????

+ 1, been vaccanated with both Pfizer jabs . 

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i was planning on delaying it and having it as a booster but they've now sneaked this into the Q&As, 1 month only

Screenshot_2021-09-18-12-19-51-139_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

Whether you could delay it or not would also depend on supply vs demand. You should call the hospital directly to see if you can delay your jab. There seems to be many posters here who pland to do that, but it wuld depend on the hospital's policy. One my school got me a place for a jab, which I declined as I had other plans. Was told it could not be transferred to another teacher. So its something worth checking out. 

17 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

You should add a vote for "Have had COVID",  Natural immunity data is showing it to be very robust and longer lasting than the artificially triggered RNA vaccine treatments which do not activate all the different facets of immunity

There are benefits to natural immunity - but it's better to get a vaccine to prime ones immune system  before getting infected, to reduce the risk of death, serious illness, and potentially very high medical bills (in Thailand).

• Like 1

The roll-out strategy where I live (Buriram) is 1st shot Sinovac followed by 2nd shot AstraZeneca. Me and my family registered with my local Poo Yai Baan. When we turned up on the day, following a village tannoy announcement, I was rejected due to "no paperwork". The family got Sinovac with a return date of 3 weeks later for the AZ 2nd shot. The day before the 2nd shot, my wife got a call telling me to attend as well. I attended and got AZ as my first jab. My 2nd AZ shot is scheduled for Nov (12 weeks after 1st). I would have accepted the Sino/AZ cocktail but am happier to get AZ/AZ.